Good player but no end product

Spellczech

"Good player but no end product" could be used to describe many of our players I suspect. But how many?

I?ll give a starter for one:

Audrius Ksanavicius - Gets into lots of good positions but how can we have a secondary striker who panics when he gets a sight of goal and misses 99% of the time, indeed seldom even getting it on target. We?ll never be confident of closing games out because of this...

This was always my opinion of Chesney.

Do you mean his lack of goals? IMO the end product of a winger is his crossing ability more than the few goals he ought to pitch in with over the course of a season. Personally I think Chesney is the only winger we have who CAN cross a ball...Also his dead ball deliver is far better than Mikey Stewart?s...

loveofthegame
"Good player but no end product" could be used to describe many of our players I suspect. But how many?

Audrius Ksanavicius - Gets into lots of good positions but how can we have a secondary striker who panics when he gets a sight of goal and misses 99% of the time, indeed seldom even getting it on target. We?ll never be confident of closing games out because of this...

I think what you say about means he isn't a good player rather than he is but has no end product. There are lots of football players at lower levels who can get into positions but cant do anything, hence why they're playing lower level and not particularly great footballers. Audrey completely flatters to deceive and will/has cost us with the chances he misses. He also struggles to beat a man, and hardly ever puts in crosses that could be classed as 'an end product'

However good player but no end product- Chesney possibly at times

Surely you can only be a good player if you have an end product? Ksanvicius has some good attributes, an excellent first touch for example, however overall he is pish.

boabyarsebiscuit

Audrius Ksanavicius

You've posted on the wrong thread.

Ksnavicius belongs on the "Totally crap player - one decent pass a season" thread.

Absolute rubbish this midget is. Rank rotten. A disgrace to the shirt even. Every time I see him anywhere near the first team, I cringe. Not a tenth of the player Saulius Mikoliunas is.

To be honest, as soon as I saw the title of the thread I knew that Ksanavicius would be mentioned.

I have never been a fan of the boy and would say that "good player but no end product" is a nice way to describe him. Not accurate, but nice. A winger that cannot pass, cannot cross and cannot shoot is no good to anyone.

I don't think our style of play suits Ksanavicius.

Against Scotland he played behind 2 strikers when he came on and ran the show.

I've not been overly impressed with him on the wing or behind one striker but do think he is a half decent player.

If it were not for his goals (right place, right time) I'd put forward Andy Driver when he plays on the left wing. He's looked far more effective on the right.

Ksnavicius belongs on the "Totally crap player - one decent pass a season" thread.

Absolute rubbish this midget is. Rank rotten. A disgrace to the shirt even. Every time I see him anywhere near the first team, I cringe. Not a tenth of the player Saulius Mikoliunas is.

agreed - its not just the fact Audrey doesnt score, he doesnt create either, which for someone playing behind the striker is unforgiveable.

lost in leith

I admit Audrey has disappointed after looking promising for a while. But a tenth of Miko :eek: I can't believe anyone still believes that imposter is a player.

I think the majority of wingers can claim that title more often than not.

To turn things round, i would say Velicka is a player who has the end product but is not a great football player.

Chesney does have the "end product"

He doesn't get many shooting opportunities.

The worst finishers are Elliot and Audrey.

I think the majority of wingers can claim that title more often than not.

To turn things round, i would say Velicka is a player who has the end product but is not a great football player.

I used to think the same about Velicka however recently he has been turning in some good performances even when he is not scoring. While he is not top quality he is definitely improving as a player.

Archived