What is the one thing you regret in life?

Goose Baxter

Had a wee chat with a friend during the week about the cup final when we beat Gretna. Now i was away with my friends 21st in Prague when this cup final was on and due to costs etc i couldnt not cancel, but i wanted to go to this game so so bad.

but anyway to cut a long story short i missed the game and couldnt find ay t.v coverage in Prague and had crappy updates from the misses about the game. Didnt know we had one until we come back.

Now every game we used to go to when we sing ' oh when the hearts went up etc etc ' he doesnt let me sing this song and when i do i get such funny looks.Seems i dont have the right to sing this song. i know its all in good fun but he has never let me forget the fact that i missed hearts win the scottish cup and this is the one thing that i regret in my life.

But life goes on i guess, Doesnt seem like a big regret but it is to me, What is the one thing that you regret most i your life. Can be anything.

Had a wee chat with a friend during the week about the cup final when we beat Gretna. Now i was away with my friends 21st in Prague when this cup final was on and due to costs etc i couldnt not cancel, but i wanted to go to this game so so bad.

but anyway to cut a long story short i missed the game and couldnt find ay t.v coverage in Prague and had crappy updates from the misses about the game. Didnt know we had one until we come back.

Now every game we used to go to when we sing ' oh when the hearts went up etc etc ' he doesnt let me sing this song and when i do i get such funny looks.Seems i dont have the right to sing this song. i know its all in good fun but he has never let me forget the fact that i missed hearts win the scottish cup and this is the one thing that i regret in my life.

But life goes on i guess, Doesnt seem like a big regret but it is to me, What is the one thing that you regret most i your life. Can be anything.

Funny, as someone that has been away on holiday around that time I always consider the cup final and our progress before booking. Let that be a lesson to you ;)

To quote messrs Hartnoll...

"Daddy, what does regret mean?"

"Well son, a funny thing about regret is, that it's better to regret something that you have done than to regret something you haven't done"

For those that are aware of the above, I had to play the track to get the quote correct, five to nine and a bit of Orbital! :)

If that is your biggest regret so far, then count your lucky stars mate.

I have more 'big ones' than I care to recount.

I know your missus is a female, but surely to god she was able to tell you what TEAM won at least?! :confused:

To quote messrs Hartnoll...

"Daddy, what does regret mean?"

"Well son, a funny thing about regret is, that it's better to regret something that you have done than to regret something you haven't done"

For those that are aware of the above, I had to play the track to get the quote correct, five to nine and a bit of Orbital! :)

Try looking where Orbital took the sample from mate.

BUTTHOLE SURFERS LYRICS

"Sweet Loaf"

"Daddy, what does regret mean?

Well son, the funny thing about regret is,

It's better to regret something you have done,

Than to regret something you haven't done.

And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend,

Be sure and tell her, SATAN, SATAN, SATAN!!!"

I sometimes look back and wonder what would have happened if I had done something different at a stage in my life, but really have no regrets.

I have done everything I wanted to do, been everywhere I wanted to go, had a good work life, and have had over sixteen years in retirement. I have a great wife, two excellent kids, and four loving and loved grandchildren.

Not a regret but kick myself because I never learned to touch type, am planning to correct that by taking a night school course which is offered here in March. Its never too late to make the correction that could, of anything that could lead to regrets.

I was one of the fortunate who got to see Hearts in their best days of the fifties, and seen them win all the honours Cups, League.

I regret coming to school camp when i was 12 at glengonner i think? It was crap i had the choice of going to belgium with the youthclub but choose school camp like a good boy ! When i saw the photo's of the belgium trip i was seething, looked like they had an amazing time while i was with a bunch o phannies greeting about a widgie board ! embarassing

Try looking where Orbital took the sample from mate.

BUTTHOLE SURFERS LYRICS

"Sweet Loaf"

"Daddy, what does regret mean?

Well son, the funny thing about regret is,

It's better to regret something you have done,

Than to regret something you haven't done.

And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend,

Be sure and tell her, SATAN, SATAN, SATAN!!!"

Ach pittoey! The Butthole Surfers indeed. Give me Orbital anytime :)

"Regrets, I have a few, but then again, too few to mention"

Frank Sinatra - sums it up perfectly for me.

Sometimes wish I'd went to uni straight after school and found a career I enjoy.

But if I'd done that, I wouldn't have went inter-railing, wouldn't have moved to central Scotland, wouldn't have met many people I now consider to be close friends.

So no regrets here.

Like most people I have some regrets...about wishing I'd taken this or that job...maybe done this or that degree course. I "regret" dropping out of the first year of a PhD in 1986. Fact of the matter is though, if I hadn't done that, then...

I wouldn't have got a proper job...

I wouldn't have got made redundant from that job...

Which led to another, much better, job...

Which got me in with a bunch of boozy party loving co-workers...

Which led me to Buster Browns at 1AM on a Monday morning in 1991...

Which is where and when I met this girl...

Whom I married...

Who I'm still married to and we have a great 6 year old son...

In essence, I no longer really care what would have happened if I'd just stuck it out in 1986. Things have worked out more than well enough for me !

If that is your biggest regret so far, then count your lucky stars mate.

I have more 'big ones' than I care to recount.

It is in a way as it was my 1st season as a season ticket holder and me and my friend went through a lot that season with all the away games. Was a very emotional year for us all. But to end it like that and miss the final was devastating for me. I am sure i will see hearts lift a cup again but i dont think it will be a season like that again.

I was 15 at the time and i had just started college, training to be a chef, half way through the course i realised that i would have to give up watching the hearts if i was gonna work in a kitchen at weekends and things like that, so i dropped out of the course and chose hearts over being a chef, looking back over the years since then i dont really regret it, ive had some brilliant times watching them home and abroad.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

i only have one and its a biggy

otherwise lifes too short for them

Last Season my wee bro phoned me to ask if i wanted tickets for Easter Rd, i declined the offer and he went with my nephew. The Hibs paraded the wee cup and the rests history........:P

i only have one and its a biggy

otherwise lifes too short for them

What is it then? Cant put that and not tell us!!

I regret getting up every morning to go to school.

but seriously

I dont think I can actually say I regret anything....

you learn from your mistakes and whats meant to be will be.

I regret getting up every morning to go to school.

but seriously

I dont think I can actually say I regret anything....

you learn from your mistakes and whats meant to be will be.

But if you are learning from your mistakes then surley you have regreted something or done something wrong?

But if you are learning from your mistakes then surley you have regreted something or done something wrong?

nah I dont think I have...

but I hear that term all the time...

Archived