Frail Hails Romanov - it must be love ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

From this story, Stephen Frails quotes where:

"I speak to him not every day but two or three times a week,"

"and he just wants to know how we are progressing, what we're doing with the team, what our thoughts are for the weekend."

"It's been good for me and again the conversation is not always about the team,"

"Sometimes it's just a chat and him seeing how we are. From that point of view it's obviously healthy. I don't ask him about the position (with the manager's job] and I don't expect him to enlighten me on anything. I was told at the beginning that I'd be taking on the team and that is the way it is continuing."

"I don't even know if he'll be at the game on Wednesday night,"

"I'm waiting to see if he's coming over."

"If somebody else has to lead them out on cup final day then I can look back and at least say I have had a wee influence on that. But it's not about me it's about the players and making sure they get to the final."

Did he really 'hail' Vlad?

Or was Shaggy just giving another nice neat and tidy interview?

Did he really 'hail' Vlad?

Or was Shaggy just giving another nice neat and tidy interview?

Calm down, calm down! They've just come up with a word that rhymes with 'Frail', basically: you can expect others to feature in articles about him too, even if they don't strictly conform with the text of the piece itself. (In preparation for the semi: "Frail sails as Gers fail to prevail", perhaps?). I thought what he had to say was pretty interesting: things really do seem to be settling down now at last, and it does sound as though he could be in line for the permanent job.

Personally, I hope not - but then, if we beat Rangers and come with a real run over the next nine league games, he'd more than likely persuade me and others to change our minds. Up to him, basically: he's the man in possession, so let's see what he can do.

I guess Vlad?s English is improving?

Fine by me, he is the owner and that is his right. As long as he now respects the importance of the managerial role then I welcome his continued interest.

We still need an experienced manager though.

So Vlad may be making an appearance then? But it is becoming increasingly clear that Frail is going to be the new manager.

Even with the fact that Vlad has supposedly stepped back from meddling I just can't get excited about having a guy who's only been a coach for a very limited time in full charge. If he beats Rangers then yes he'll have a wee notch from which to stake his claim but he didn't beat Motherwell now did he?

And that's something a manager should do.

I guess Vlad?s English is improving?

Fine by me, he is the owner and that is his right. As long as he now respects the importance of the managerial role then I welcome his continued interest.

We still need an experienced manager though.

Not Strictly true.

We need a good manager.

Experienced or otherwise.

One thing that article further solidifies is the belief that Frail is picking the side. Frail stated relatively recently he had not talked to VR for some time, now he speaks to him three times a week? Frail's importance is growing and I reckon that Ballack is correct.

For Frail, success on Wednesday could be bittersweet as Romanov could bring in a manager before the final: "If somebody else has to lead them out on cup final day then I can look back and at least say I have had a wee influence on that. But it's not about me it's about the players and making sure they get to the final."

Am i looking too deep into this? Does shaggy know something?

Seymour M Hersh
So Vlad may be making an appearance then? But it is becoming increasingly clear that Frail is going to be the new manager.

Even with the fact that Vlad has supposedly stepped back from meddling I just can't get excited about having a guy who's only been a coach for a very limited time in full charge. If he beats Rangers then yes he'll have a wee notch from which to stake his claim but he didn't beat Motherwell now did he?

If you think back, Levein had only been at Cowdenbeath for a short period of time. You could argue the same phrase rolled out for promising young players about being good enough and young enough.

By the way I'm not advocating Frail for manager just pointing something out.

The Real Maroonblood

We definately need a new manager so he can get rid of the deadwood and start from scratch.

Drylaw Hearts
If you think back, Levein had only been at Cowdenbeath for a short period of time. You could argue the same phrase rolled out for promising young players about being good enough and young enough.

By the way I'm not advocating Frail for manager just pointing something out.

Craig Levein was Manager at Cowdenbeath for over 2 years.

Prior to that he was a Coach at Livi under Jim Leishman.

Archived