'Calum Elliott has future at Hearts', says Csaba

billco98

as a ball boy/ticket seller maybe?

He'd be a terrible ball boy...always losing the thing

According to Ceefax.

That's only because no one will take him :)

It was taken from the Banks story on the Hearts website and Csaba said he may have a future but he has to go out on loan to get confidence back

I took from that comment that Csaba thinks there may be something there but he's not risking him in his team and someone else can do it, if he does well he can come back, if not cut his losses. If he really thought he could do something he'd at least have him involved in the squad

Give the kid a break. It's diabolical that he should have taken the stick for the collective failure of the team, management and owner last season.

Shame on those who saw fit to tear a promising young lad to shreds.

One of the feel good parts of the last few weeks has been down to his absence.

I'm convinced that we've seen the last of him.

Frail rated him, Burley rated him, Robbo rated him, and Levien rated him.

I'm boogered if I've ever seen in Elliot what all these guys saw in him, but they know a bloody site more about the game than I ever will. One Manager might get it wrong with a player, but all of them ? Or are the fans that slaughter Elliot from the stands, remembering that he has never actually picked himself for a squad, more knowledgable than all these Managers ?

Discuss

Arthur Axident
better option than Makela.

agreed and cheaper, Deserves a chance in competitive games now the Csaba style has been implemented. If he doesn't take it then punt, me thinks Juho is now in the punt domain

Arf

If he can get Jamie Mole playing like he did yesterday then I wonder if he can get Elliot playing like he did when he first came into the team. And if anyone can't remember how good he was, considering he was only 17, have a look at the Glorious DVD. It brings back happy memories.

I'm boogered if I've ever seen in Elliot what all these guys saw in him, but they know a bloody site more about the game than I ever will. One Manager might get it wrong with a player, but all of them ? Or are the fans that slaughter Elliot from the stands, remembering that he has never actually picked himself for a squad, more knowledgable than all these Managers ?

Discuss

100% agree.

And same for Robbie.

with a decent coaching staff who knows personally i will be glad to get back to thinking the manager is bound to know more than me

Charlie-Brown

I'm not Elliot's biggest fan and I think his 'attitude' gets him into bother with refs and doesn't help fans opinions of him and he doesn't focus on the things in his performance that perhaps he should however given Levein, Robbo, Burley, Rix, Ivanauskas, Frail etc all played him for Hearts as well as Scotland coaches Ross Mathie, Tommy Wilson & Archie Gemmil, Maurice Malpas, Archie Knox, Billy Stark have played him at various international age groups - people within the game clearly rate Elliot as having something and there aren't too many players his age with as much SPL & International experience.

He's definitely lost his way at Hearts and a period away would do him good but it seems Csaba Laszlo hasn't completely given up on Elliot if he's talking about him coming back after a loan.

john brownlee

Discuss

well said gasman

everybody need some slack and time, as its not always going to work out every game

IMO he has never done anything to actually cost us a game. Maybe sometimes he's not preformed like Willie Bauld, Donald Ford or John Robertson, but I'm sure that if the above managers and some others not mentioned thought the guy has talent, why not loan him out and just maybe through time it will turn a rough piece of coal into a valuable diamond.

I always have hope for someone who wears the famous maroon that they will turn into a star

I`m really worried about that, Csaba has talked sense up to now but I`m worried about the statement he`s made about Elliott having a future at Tynecastle , he wouldn`t even get a job replacing the bog rolls. Definitely not good enough to wear the HMFC jersey.

Drylaw Hearts
I'm not Elliot's biggest fan and I think his 'attitude' gets him into bother with refs and doesn't help fans opinions of him and he doesn't focus on the things in his performance that perhaps he should however given Levein, Robbo, Burley, Rix, Ivanauskas, Frail etc all played him for Hearts as well as Scotland coaches Ross Mathie, Tommy Wilson & Archie Gemmil, Maurice Malpas, Archie Knox, Billy Stark have played him at various international age groups - people within the game clearly rate Elliot as having something and there aren't too many players his age with as much SPL & International experience.

He's definitely lost his way at Hearts and a period away would do him good but it seems Csaba Laszlo hasn't completely given up on Elliot if he's talking about him coming back after a loan.

Elliot was the victim of poor man-management and decision making by the club.

He had a decent 2005/2006 but was then dumped at 'Well when Jamie Mole was fast tracked into the first team.

I think this affected him badly and he has never fully recovered.

Drylaw Hearts
Remind me of his achievements. Genuinely struggling to remember.

Played well/very well in the following matches :

1st Edinburgh Derby

Falkirk on Boxing Day - scoring 2

Celtic on New Years Day - was MOM and gave Balde a torrid time.

3rd Edinburgh Derby - played up front on his own. Scored 1 and ran Hibs ragged.

Aberdeen in SC - Scored 1 and set up Pospisil for his goal.

Aberdeen and Motherwell in the League scoring 2 goals in 2 games.

He also played his part in the 02/04/06 Semi-Final.

He made 15 competitive starts that Season and I've highlighted 8 matches where I though he did well in.

Played well/very well in the following matches :

1st Edinburgh Derby

Falkirk on Boxing Day - scoring 2

Celtic on New Years Day - was MOM and gave Balde a torrid time.

3rd Edinburgh Derby - played up front on his own. Scored 1 and ran Hibs ragged.

Aberdeen in SC - Scored 1 and set up Pospisil for his goal.

Aberdeen and Motherwell in the League scoring 2 goals in 2 games.

He also played his part in the 02/04/06 Semi-Final.

He made 15 competitive starts that Season and I've highlighted 8 matches where I though he did well in.

I agree mate with all they games , I still think the way he played against Celtic on New years day was the best in a maroon jersey IMO.

jambos are go!

The only people who hate Elliott more than most JKers are central defenders. That's why so many managers rate him IMO. An ex pro Centre Half told me he could not believe how strong and full of running he was - a nightmare to play against in his opinion.

Guest Maroon Carpet
Csaba has talked sense up to now but I`m worried about the statement he`s made about Elliott having a future at Tynecastle

Is it Csaba, or is it Vlad's instructions coming to the fore.

Im willing to give every player another chance since Shabba has arrived. Now that our team has proper tactics and training. Afterall think of the last time we had a proper manager, such as Burley and Rix. Callum was f'ing brilliant, lets hope he can recapture that form, and Shabba can get the best out of him.

If you have ever worked in a badly managed workplace you would know that how you perform in that environment is not how you would perform in a well-managed workplace with a strong focus on your development.

The lad's attitude has been lacking, but that was endemic to the club. He probably felt unwanted after being horsed off to Murderwell last year.

At the very least (and probably the most) he deserves the opportunity to earn himself a place in the squad by grafting like he has never grafted before.

No-one should be judged on their performances during "the wilderness years".

Archived