Welcome back Terry!

Ray Winstone

Although he really isnt going to change the season for us - and he has not been very good since returning to Hearts - It was good to see him back today after recovering from his leg break.

He is doing a bit of coaching now as well in a similar way to Banksey.

Showed a couple of nice touches and won a brave header when defending in our box!

Welcome back Terry!

Graham Thomson
Although he really isnt going to change the season for us - and he has not been very good since returning to Hearts - It was good to see him back today after recovering from his leg break.

He is doing a bit of coaching now as well in a similar way to Banksey.

Showed a couple of nice touches and won a brave header when defending in our box!

Welcome back Terry!

Ditto, always be a Hearts legend for me...........

Still a legend even if he's not he same player anymore, glad he's recovered from the injury. Don't think he's good enough to be a regular anymore but he's a good player to have around the squad.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Aye great to see him back.

Many players would have packed it in after that injury, says a lot about the guy.

Great news if he's coaching as well, the guy was one of my heroes during his first spell with us, and though he's not been amazing on the pitch, he'll add a wee bit more level headedness to our squad.

If he can do well as a coach, that's a huge bonus to us, IMO.

Welcome back!

Wonderful player 96-98.

Waste of money 06-08.

Sorry, but that's what I think.

Buffalo Bill

Still a legend even if he's not he same player anymore, glad he's recovered from the injury. Don't think he's good enough to be a regular anymore but he's a good player to have around the squad.

We've got more than enough around the squad drawing wages without any contribution to make. Made a big contribution to Hearts in the past; that's over. Time to move on.

Wonderful player 96-98.

Waste of money 06-08.

Sorry, but that's what I think.

Buffalo Bill

He is helping now with the coaching and you cant put a value on having a player like that around for the youth players.

Perhaps starting to repay our faith in him by means other than playing.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

We really need all the experience we can get

It would be good to keep him in the squad , i am sure he has lots of

knowledge to pass on to Driver and the other youngsters

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
We've got more than enough around the squad drawing wages without any contribution to make. Made a big contribution to Hearts in the past; that's over. Time to move on.

Are you just ignoring the coaching part?

I'm ignoring the coaching because so far as I know Neil McCann is being paid to play for Hearts and that's what i judge him on. What his contribution is as a coach is I have no idea and I'm certain you don't either. All I know is he played about three games in as many years for Southampton before we picked up his wage bill. Nothing he has done on the few occasions he's been fit to play suggests it was a good investment.

You seem to judge him on what he did years ago yet are falling over yourself to slag off current players. Something inconsistent there, eh?

I'm ignoring the coaching because so far as I know Neil McCann is being paid to play for Hearts and that's what i judge him on. What his contribution is as a coach is I have no idea and I'm certain you don't either. All I know is he played about three games in as many years for Southampton before we picked up his wage bill. Nothing he has done on the few occasions he's been fit to play suggests it was a good investment.

You seem to judge him on what he did years ago yet are falling over yourself to slag off current players. Something inconsistent there, eh?

If you read the opening post I am judging him on the fact he has come back after some fairly horendous injuries and that is fair play to him.

I dont want him in the first team because I dont think he is good enough - However it take a special kind of somebody not jack it all in after breaking your leg at 33 - He could have spent the rest of the season on the treatment table still picking up his wage, but he has chosen to fight for a place in the side - fair play to him.

However, you are incorrect in assuming that I know nothing about his non-playing role within the club.

Carl Spackler

Terry was back today? Wasn't there so f'ing shoot me.

Good. He's a boy who knows the score and will keep the lads right. He is exactly what we need right now.

Keep the heed Terry and we'll be alright. Tell Michael to stop philosiphising.

Nostalgia is getting in the way with Terry.

If we had signed someone else at his age and watched him get badly injured twice so soon after making his various debuts, we'd have got rid ages ago.

He was great when he was young. Now he is both old and injury ridden. Time to let him go.

magalufhearts
Nostalgia is getting in the way with Terry.

If we had signed someone else at his age and watched him get badly injured twice so soon after making his various debuts, we'd have got rid ages ago.

He was great when he was young. Now he is both old and injury ridden. Time to let him go.

Still a legend!

He is helping now with the coaching and you cant put a value on having a player like that around for the youth players.

In that case, his coaching should be the part you are praising not his play. I am a big fan of McCann but sadly I think his day as a player has gone.

But we could emply much bigger and better names than McCann to be a 'look how well I did' coach.

Rix employed him on a huge wage.

He has done next to nothing since he came back.

Sorry, I think he's a lovely guy and a one time great player for us but his return has a waste of money.

But that's just my opinion.

Buffalo Bill

But we could emply much bigger and better names than McCann to be a 'look how well I did' coach.

Rix employed him on a huge wage.

He has done next to nothing since he came back.

Sorry, I think he's a lovely guy and a one time great player for us but his return has a waste of money.

But that's just my opinion.

Buffalo Bill

You are spot on. If it is about how good a player someone was - well Rix went to the World Cup with England!

Who knows if McCann is a good coach? Never thought he was a particularly intelligent footballer as his game was all about direct pace. Do coaches get paid the Bentley car money that McCann is on? What a terrible signing he has been this time.

And will the young players be impressed when they watch the 'Terry who knows what it is all about' jumping out of 50:50 tackles?

Colonel Kurtz
You are spot on. If it is about how good a player someone was - well Rix went to the World Cup with England!

Who knows if McCann is a good coach? Never thought he was a particularly intelligent footballer as his game was all about direct pace. Do coaches get paid the Bentley car money that McCann is on? What a terrible signing he has been this time.

And will the young players be impressed when they watch the 'Terry who knows what it is all about' jumping out of 50:50 tackles?

The young players are impressed,when a 33 year old rips them at training,he is the fittest in the club.

Conversely Terry should be more Mathers than the Opal at his Age

Driver has benefited from a wingers training this season.

He also gave the best display by a Hearts player I have ever seen in a cup final.

The young players are impressed,when a 33 year old rips them at training,he is the fittest in the club.

Driver has benefited from a wingers training this season.

He also gave the best display by a Hearts player I have ever seen in a cup final.

I am more bothered about him jumping out of tackles when he is on the field. I am sure that Tam Ritchie can outrun any of the players at the club but he doesn't have a playing contract.

McCann was brilliant in that League Cup final. But that was a very long time ago.

Archived