The Best Stand at Tynecastle?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. The Best Stand at Tynecastle?

• Old Main Stand
    • Gorgie Stand
    • Wheatfield Stand
    • Roseburn Stand

JennytheJambo

I used to be in the Wheatfield but now in the old stand I prefer this better. As for the other 2, can't stand sitting behind goals.

It has to be the Wheatfield, apart from N and P there is NO singing in the Main Stand, at least in the Wheatfield the songs travel along from section G and sometimes even reach the Gorgie stand.

FAO voters of Main stand, how many of you sit in either section N or P (especially lower, more singing there)

Section N of the main stand is good, Wheatfield is ok, Gorgie stand is fine, but sitting next to the away fans in the Roseburn when we win gets my vote.

FAO voters of Main stand, how many of you sit in either section N or P (especially lower, more singing there)

N1 which is lower.

Wheatfield. Purely because you get a very good view of the game in the upper section. I am more concerned with how I can watch the game than how many people sing (which is just as well in Sec B).

The Old Tolbooth

I sit in the Wheatfield but voted for the old main stand as I really miss being in there. Hopefully get back next season.

I take it everyone is just voting for their own stands?

No, I'm in the Gorgie stand with my kids, you can't get a full season ticket for the Roseburn.

I take it everyone is just voting for their own stands?

Would make sense if so, surely people wouldnt spend there hard earned to spend the season in a stand they dinnae thinks best (unless kids) :confused:

Unlike you young uns, I'm going to vote for the old iron stand because in my day, you could get a tram to Tynecastle and pee in the pocket to the man next to you and he'd thank you by passing on his hip flask.

Of course, he'll be deid now....

gr04.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Unlike you young uns, I'm going to vote for the old iron stand because in my day, you could get a tram to Tynecastle and pee in the pocket to the man next to you and he'd thank you by passing on his hip flask.

Of course, he'll be deid now....

gr04.jpg

Buffalo Bill

That photo is 2 years after oor cup win :mad:

I sit in the Wheatfield but voted for the old main stand as I really miss being in there. Hopefully get back next season.

LOL - let's hope you'll be sitting in a building site then!:)

Judging by the number of fans in it, it looks more like your 2007 CIS Cup party.

gr04.jpg

Buffalo Bill

And there was us thinking that going to a game dressed as a seat was a modern thing.... :P

Rocky.......is that photo not THREE years after your cup win?

Ya cheeky wee monkey......tryin to knock a wee year off there eh!

I have sat all over Tynie, but must say I really do love my section upper T, good folks around us, close to exit and pie stand (my son likes that). You dont get wet when it rains. Its not as good a view as middle of the stand or on Wheatfield, but I like it.

Rocky.......is that photo not THREE years after your cup win?

Ya cheeky wee monkey......tryin to knock a wee year off there eh!

Haha. God loves a trier.

Night chaps. :cool:

I have sat all over Tynie, but must say I really do love my section upper T, good folks around us, close to exit and pie stand (my son likes that). You dont get wet when it rains. Its not as good a view as middle of the stand or on Wheatfield, but I like it.

Agreed. Will be sad to see the old girl go.

That's the main stand I mean, not Yvonne Jambo.... :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Mainstand. Will be gutted when it's pulled down.

Although you do worry that it's going to collapse if you walk up the stairs too fast!!

Also love the view of Edinburgh from the top of the Wheatfield.

Just love Tynecastle in general. :)

Difficult question!

Old Main Stand: Crumbling ancient concrete but N1 is there (or was).

Roseburn Stand: Usually full of The Enemy.

Gorgie Stand: Quiet as a mouse. Full of families and old men.

Wheatfield: Sections A-E are as bad as the Gorgie lot. Sections F&G are currently the best support we have at Tynie.

To be honest, its a moot point, people are just gonna vote for their own stand,

Just like all the music/pie/pizza/crisps balh blah blah threads in the shed.

But the old stand is better than the others,

10 year ago I would have said the Wheatfield when I had my ST over there. However I would say the Main Stand is soooo much better and the atmosphere is quite simply the best and I for one will be sad to see it go.

Francis Albert

Old main stand because you can't see the old main stand from there. Sat in the Wheatfield for the Motherwell game, the first time in years outside the main stand, and was surprised how different the ground looked, like a run down lower league ground, when you get a ful view of the ramshackle old thing.

I sit in the Wheatfield but love looking across at the main stand when we have just scored a goal and it is jumping.

It is old but it has character.

Wheatfield.

Even when (if?) the new main stand goes up I am sticking with the Wheatfield because in Spring and Autumn the sun blinds you in the main stand.

Wheatfield.

Even when (if?) the new main stand goes up I am sticking with the Wheatfield because in Spring and Autumn the sun blinds you in the main stand.

But you get to wear shades.

And shades make you look cool.

Hopefully the new stand will be the best. :whistling:

Currently it has to be the Wheatfield where the views are excellent, except in my seat. :)

I sit in the Wheatfield but love looking across at the main stand when we have just scored a goal and it is jumping.

It is old but it has character.

Same here:

When I'm jumping around to a big game goal, I like to try and see over to Section N, as it's always bouncing.

I used to be in N Uppper but I wish it could've been lower.

I might make it my business to sample it once before the end.

Buffalo Bill

main stand.

I stand in section N1 and love it when we bang in a goal and everyone charges to the front of the stand and crush the stewards.

C'mon the Hearts!!

It has to be the Wheatfield, apart from N and P there is NO singing in the Main Stand, at least in the Wheatfield the songs travel along from section G and sometimes even reach the Gorgie stand.

Ha I voted Main and sit in P. I find section T down the front is pretty decent too for atmosphere.

I used to sit in Section F in the Wheatfield and it was terrible. Mind you that was because of the total chumps that used to sit behind me.

Same here:

When I'm jumping around to a big game goal, I like to try and see over to Section N, as it's always bouncing.

I used to be in N Uppper but I wish it could've been lower.

I might make it my business to sample it once before the end.

Buffalo Bill

It is like no other stand with all the sections different size and shapes.

Definately going to miss it and I think I may have to do the same and sit in it ine last time.

Which of the 4 stands do you like the best?

Used to hate the main stand. The fact you never had any leg room, if you had a fatty sitting next to you you got squashed into the other person, you had to stand up to let people past, the restricted view, etc.

Having sat there for the past three years I have to say I am going to miss it if the new main stand gets built!! It's just so quirkey, all the annoyances give it a lovable charm that almost pulls on the heart strings in the same manner as the old terracing used to!!

Archived