Professional Integrity (or lack thereof)

monkfish1979

Another referee thread (I know..... :rolleyes:), but I'd really love to know what point they think they're proving.

Here we have a load of guys, presumably wanting to be asked to officiate at the highest level, yet they're rocking out every week with (admittedly to varying degrees) a fairly blatant agenda against a top flight team. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but where in the summation of a referees duties does it in any way infer that professional conduct would allow an official to ignore often dangerous or dirty tactics by ANY player on the pitch.

Were I one of these referees, and were it pointed out to me the hypocritical nature of my behaviour, I would hang my head in shame. Miko brought a whole load of criticism down on his own head, as well as on his national team and our club. Fine. If you're a fan of the opposition team, yell "cheat" when he's on the ball - he's probably used to it. If you're a scrotesack GFA journo, write his name all over the place, decrying him as a nasty cheating foreigner - it's not like you can do much more of a hatchet job on the percieved integrity of Scottish sports journalism.

Referees, however, have an obligation not just to see that a game is played fairly, but also to ensure that players on the pitch are kept as safe as possible. If any of you pathetic weasles are reading this, how would you feel if, realising that he's not going to be too heavily penalised for it, an opposition player inflicts a serious, potentially career-ending injury on one of our "diving" Lithuanian players? Would that "prove your point" for you? Personally, if/when it eventually happens, I'll feel sick to my stomach. Fair play my arse....

Another referee thread (I know..... :rolleyes:), but I'd really love to know what point they think they're proving.

Here we have a load of guys, presumably wanting to be asked to officiate at the highest level, yet they're rocking out every week with (admittedly to varying degrees) a fairly blatant agenda against a top flight team. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but where in the summation of a referees duties does it in any way infer that professional conduct would allow an official to ignore often dangerous or dirty tactics by ANY player on the pitch.

Were I one of these referees, and were it pointed out to me the hypocritical nature of my behaviour, I would hang my head in shame. Miko brought a whole load of criticism down on his own head, as well as on his national team and our club. Fine. If you're a fan of the opposition team, yell "cheat" when he's on the ball - he's probably used to it. If you're a scrotesack GFA journo, write his name all over the place, decrying him as a nasty cheating foreigner - it's not like you can do much more of a hatchet job on the percieved integrity of Scottish sports journalism.

Referees, however, have an obligation not just to see that a game is played fairly, but also to ensure that players on the pitch are kept as safe as possible. If any of you pathetic weasles are reading this, how would you feel if, realising that he's not going to be too heavily penalised for it, an opposition player inflicts a serious, potentially career-ending injury on one of our "diving" Lithuanian players? Would that "prove your point" for you? Personally, if/when it eventually happens, I'll feel sick to my stomach. Fair play my arse....

Wow,

My thoughts exactly !!! My writing skills are are poor, but I would have written that if I could. I am close to stop going through frustation of the officials !!!

monkfish1979 - That's a pretty good post.

I wonder just how far it will go before something happens?

The Old Tolbooth

Completely agree with you Monkfish, I started a ref thread earlier too and am sick and tired of the bias being shown against us.

To Bobbyparker, dont let the tw@ts drive you away from the games mate, just make sure that you give them it tight when at the games, I completely vent my spleen at the officials nowadays and know damn well that if we come away with 3 points that we have played against and beaten 12 men.

monkfish1979 - That's a pretty good post.

I wonder just how far it will go before something happens?

Cheers guys.

It's a situation that's been p*ss*ng me off all season.

In any other field in which somebody is relied upon - above everything else - to see that some sort of safety standard is adhered to, this would be pulled up as criminally negligent. It's like a lifeguard not saving a kid because it's ugly.

john brownlee

Players all over Scotland now know that Hearts players foreign or not are a fair target and know they will be seen on the lighter side by the refs . so they try it and when they see that they are getting away with it the are bound to take advantage

JennytheJambo
Completely agree with you Monkfish, I started a ref thread earlier too and am sick and tired of the bias being shown against us.

To Bobbyparker, dont let the tw@ts drive you away from the games mate, just make sure that you give them it tight when at the games, I completely vent my spleen at the officials nowadays and know damn well that if we come away with 3 points that we have played against and beaten 12 men.

Agree. I am totally sick of it. People are saying were are paranoid but it is becoming more and more obvious every week. The problem is that, in a one off game, the blatant biased shown towards is would be forgotton about but the refs (if they call themselves that) are continually giving decisions against us and because we do not belong to the west side story, your so called media/TV will not highlight the problem. I can assure you, the refs would be cruzified in the Daily Ranger, Sun etc., if they turned on the OF like they have done to us.

Players all over Scotland now know that Hearts players foreign or not are a fair target and know they will be seen on the lighter side by the refs . so they try it and when they see that they are getting away with it the are bound to take advantage

A very good point,mate.We can talk about the integrity of refs all night but they are human and will react to players protestations.Whats the old saying?

"Keep flinging sh*t and it will eventually stick."

Think the worst thing about todays referee was refusing to stop play when Velicka was down injured, with a head knock. I wasnt at the game but thats what they were saying on Hearts World.

Total joke

LithuanianHearts

Things are getting better at Hearts but it sounds like the trend in the Scottish refereeing is scary.

Miko or Velicka would have to end up like John Cleese's Black Knight to gain a free kick,a stoppage for treatment or disciplinary action agin an opposition player.

Add to that opposition managers. The teamtalk must be very easy when you're playing against us.

Add to that opposition managers. The teamtalk must be very easy when you're playing against us.

The thing is, the bias doesn't even seem to be against the team as a whole, but against a contingent of players.

It would have - given the GFA's reluctance to overturn their referee's moronic decisions against most teams - been the easiest thing in the world not to disallow the dons goal, regardless of how blatantly invalid it was.

They didn't, though, and to be fair, there have recently been a few decisions in our favour.

Makes it even more blatant that they're discriminating against certain players.

I'd love one of the OF to sign a Lithuanian.....

The thing is, the bias doesn't even seem to be against the team as a whole, but against a contingent of players.

It would have - given the GFA's reluctance to overturn their referee's moronic decisions against most teams - been the easiest thing in the world not to disallow the dons goal, regardless of how blatantly invalid it was.

They didn't, though, and to be fair, there have recently been a few decisions in our favour.

Makes it even more blatant that they're discriminating against certain players.

I'd love one of the OF to sign a Lithuanian.....

So would I it would be one less on our books!!!

Archived