Christian Nade - Has he turned the corner?

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Thought the big man was superb today, ran them ragged and obviously scored.

So is he the first to turn the corner?

I'd love to think that he has. Glaringly obvious that we play far better and are far more dangerous under a 4-4-2 formation now.

Bring on the Gretna.

Thought the big man was superb today, ran them ragged and obviously scored.

So is he the first to turn the corner?

I'd love to think that he has. Glaringly obvious that we play far better and are far more dangerous under a 4-4-2 formation now.

Bring on the Gretna.

Agreed and it didn't take away from our defense either!

chester copperpot
It takes him 20 minutes to slow down, thats why.

He was pretty good today.

Still 2 stone overweight mate, however still did very well.

Well done Christian, I just think a well done's in order because of today.

Definitely looking a bit bulky but was better today - you can see what he is trying to do a lot of the time but his execution is often too poor.

Worth giving him a run with Velicka and seeing what happens.

chester copperpot
Definitely looking a bit bulky but was better today - you can see what he is trying to do a lot of the time but his execution is often too poor.

Worth giving him a run with Velicka and seeing what happens.

Lets face it mate, we created all the chances against them today, fair enough they were gash, but we had all the good chances.

So all in all, I'd give him a bash for a while.

Frail, get rid of Miko and you're almost there.

Lets face it mate, we created all the chances against them today, fair enough they were gash, but we had all the good chances.

Perhaps a whole new right side to the team and a LB.

Think Aberdeen fans will be impressed with Nade, that's 2 games he's played well against them - they've not had to put up with his (and the rest of his team-mates) pi5h over the last couple of months.

Well Done Nade!

I watched him against Motherwell midweek and seen the type of player he can be, it is when we play football that he is at his best IMO, (not hoofball).

Maybe it is Hearts own fault about Nade.Thats 2 good performances playing alongside Velicka.Could be wrong but seem to remember most of the time he has been playing up front himself.Not ideal for one so unfit.He seems to have lost a bit of weight as well.Took his goal really well today although he had a poor miss 1st half.Just watched the highlights and Calderwood reckons we were lucky.The only reason we got the goal according to him is because Nade is lazy.No wonder we hate that Orange(tangerine:))clown.

Calderwood said the game deserved a 0-0 and we were lucky that our goal only came from Nades laziness coming back, otherwise he wouldn't have been in on goal from the poor pass back.

Better signs from Nade.

I think he still looks very heavy and that is limiting him on the field. He is a lazy player too.

But he had a couple of chances on Tuesday, didn't take them. And 2 cracking chances today and took 1 of them. When he is on form I think he looks to be a hard player to play against.

Better signs from Nade.

I think he still looks very heavy and that is limiting him on the field. He is a lazy player too.

But he had a couple of chances on Tuesday, didn't take them. And 2 cracking chances today and took 1 of them. When he is on form I think he looks to be a hard player to play against.

IMO, a striker is one of the players in the squad who most benefits from an extended run in the first team. Nade hasn't had that here, and I seem to recall (though I might be wrong) that he didn't get it with the Blades. The guy's pretty good on the ball, he's physically strong, and whilst he's not the quickest once he's going, he seems to have enough off the blocks to turn the odd marker or two.

The team as a whole has looked sharper since Korbochka and Cherenkov stepped back a bit, implying to me that training has improved. I always find it easy to forget, for whatever reason, that the Nade's not exactly a seasoned veteran (23 iirc?). I reckon if he keeps his place for a few games, we'll see some pretty impressive stuff from him.

IMO, a striker is one of the players in the squad who most benefits from an extended run in the first team. Nade hasn't had that here, and I seem to recall (though I might be wrong) that he didn't get it with the Blades. The guy's pretty good on the ball, he's physically strong, and whilst he's not the quickest once he's going, he seems to have enough off the blocks to turn the odd marker or two.

The team as a whole has looked sharper since Korbochka and Cherenkov stepped back a bit, implying to me that training has improved. I always find it easy to forget, for whatever reason, that the Nade's not exactly a seasoned veteran (23 iirc?). I reckon if he keeps his place for a few games, we'll see some pretty impressive stuff from him.

I agree with your point about games required for the 'heavier player'. Fulton needed to play every game and so did Roman Bednar. That was one of the reasons why we didn't see the best from Bednar last season - he was in for 1 out for 2 and Nade has had the same this season (as well as being suspended etc).

The 4-4-2 works...Nade still has to work on his fitness. However, it seems to fit what our players are capable of doing.

Funny how 4 in the midfield seemed to have more presence than we have had in several months playing 5.

The 4-5-1 has its place. I am just not sure that it is for this current group of Hearts players.

Nade is having the same problem Chesney had when he arrived. He isn't adjusting to the pace of the Scottish game and wants too much time on the ball. Once he learns that touch and pass is a better way he will be a good player for us. Right now all he is doing is slowing our fast attacks up by trying to hold the ball up for too long.

Is a bit fond of a pie though (unless you believe the rumours on Hibs.net)

4-5-1 was garbage. We simply are not good enough for it - and I mean both that our strikers are not mobile enough nor are our wingers good enough at crossing the ball.

BTW Let Chesney take over the corners and freekicks from Stewart - his delivery is the best at the club.

Been saying it since we signed him, Nade is quality.

The guy has some serious skills on the ball and he is built like a brick wall. If he keeps fit and mentally tuned in, he'll be a brilliant player for us.

magalufhearts

Frail, get rid of Miko and you're almost there

If you say that after today you are obviously out of yer mind mate!!! Miko was superb today, its obvious all the lad needs is confidence and the jambos at pittodrie gave him that!!! If we see him playing like that today lets back him up as much as poss, he "Should have had" a pen today mate not a booking!!!

vlad on the tyne

If you say that after today you are obviously out of yer mind mate!!! Miko was superb today, its obvious all the lad needs is confidence and the jambos at pittodrie gave him that!!! If we see him playing like that today lets back him up as much as poss, he "Should have had" a pen today mate not a booking!!!

confidence:rolleyes:, its a myth, miko is poor footballer. 1 game in 30 if your lucky from the son of romanov, get rid, he is an underachiever.Im sure one of the young academy players could be just as effective as he is.no doubt as he played a part in todays victory it will ensure his name is on the first team sheet till the end of the season.

oh the joys!

magalufhearts
confidence:rolleyes:, its a myth, miko is poor footballer. 1 game in 30 if your lucky from the son of romanov, get rid, he is an underachiever.Im sure one of the young academy players could be just as effective as he is.no doubt as he played a part in todays victory it will ensure his name is on the first team sheet till the end of the season.

oh the joys!

Lets be honest, he is a decent wee player, if he played for the hobos and was scottish he would be the hottest thing about! he thrived in the confidence the hearts fans gave him today as did velicka and jonsson, The fans done ther part today lets keep it up, the atmosphere at pittodrie was brilliant, and YES Miko played his part!!!! Man of the Match today!

chester copperpot
Lets be honest, he is a decent wee player, if he played for the hobos and was scottish he would be the hottest thing about! he thrived in the confidence the hearts fans gave him today as did velicka and jonsson, The fans done ther part today lets keep it up, the atmosphere at pittodrie was brilliant, and YES Miko played his part!!!! Man of the Match today!

Fair play mate, he was decent yesterday, but that doesn't make up for the 2 years he has been useless.

Couldn't make it up yesterday so had to listen to Talk107.

It was mentioned at half time about the treatment Miko gets but also, more interestingly, about the backing he gets from Hearts away support.

I think this has an effect on the lad.

Couldn't make it up yesterday so had to listen to Talk107.

It was mentioned at half time about the treatment Miko gets but also, more interestingly, about the backing he gets from Hearts away support.

I think this has an effect on the lad.

I thought Miko was one of our poorest players yesterday. He got support from the crowd after he was booked for diving. Given where we get in the Aberdeen ground I am not sure that any Hearts fan could say that the booking was justified/unjustified though.

He was pretty good today.

Still 2 stone overweight mate, however still did very well.

Well done Christian, I just think a well done's in order because of today.

I posted this some time ago and think its true but only passing on.

Mate of mine (and sits next to me at games) knows the Hearts Masseur and tells me that when they do the body fat content of the players Nade is 7% now I know nothing of these things so passing on as have heard but he was told this is the level Olympic athletes are at. Also says Nade is not overweight but is all upper body and due to this lacks mobility although when in his stride we can all see he can motor. For what its worth the official site have him down as 12.5 stone a point I have mentioned to a few people who admittedly have all p!$$ed themselves

He looks to have a lot to his game - he can hold the ball up well, has surprisingly good touch and skill for a big lad. He needs to get fitter/sharper - the type of fitness gained through playing, and adjust to the game.

I reckon he will be a big asset to us once he's fully attuned to the game up here.

Archived