Can something be done about bent refs?

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

personally I am sick and tired of being cheated week in week out, today I couldnt make the game (gutted) but I listened to the whole game on radio Scotland and I counted 10 (yes thats TEN) times when their commentators stated that the foul that Aberdeen had just been given was soft, to say the least!

Then they go on in the second half after slating Miko for diving outside the box in the first half, to say that if theyre going to slate Miko for diving, then its only fair that they do the same with Lee Miller who deliberately got Berra booked, and only minutes later tried to get him sent off, they were disgusted with Miller.

The final nail in the coffin was when Miko was in the box and apparently fouled, both of the commentators agreed it was a stonewaller penalty kick to Hearts, but what does the ref do, he books Miko for diving!!!!

Not once did I hear the ref say that the free kick that Hearts recieved was soft, however to state TEN times in one match that Aberdeens free kicks were soft, added to the rest of the commentary, is absolute blatant cheating by Willie Column the ref.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat and states that I'm biased, or that I'm paranoid, try to remember that I WAS NOT at the game and I'm only going by what the commentators (who are absolutely unbiased and have no leanings toward either side) have said and stated as facts during their commentary of the game, I'm acting on what their view of the game was.

Surely there will come a time when we have enough video evidence to send it to UEFA, or at least try to get some legal body to do something about it and hang these cheating gits out to dry.

On a side note I have to congratulate the commentators for being honest enough to actually tell it like it is when its happening, fair play to them today.

avhudtheteeshirt

I also listened to the game on the radio, i was to say the least surprised what the commontators were saying. But at half time someone on the kickback sent an email to Radio Scotland and it seemed to change their opinion in the 2nd half. The email had pointed out the commontator had said Miko was diving and that Miller was being cute at getting fouls for nothing.

They never mentioned that the emaiil had been read, but the way they spoke about Miller iin the 2nd half told you it had been passed on and they were showing biase. Maybe this is what we need to do posting emails to Mr Smith and Co. pointing out this media biase on a weekly basis as even the press last week started to poiint this out. Only the football governing body can do something about the referees so most of the emails must go their way.

This is not paranoia its fact and it has to be stopped!

I also listened to the game on the radio, i was to say the least surprised what the commontators were saying. But at half time someone on the kickback sent an email to Radio Scotland and it seemed to change their opinion in the 2nd half. The email had pointed out the commontator had said Miko was diving and that Miller was being cute at getting fouls for nothing.

They never mentioned that the emaiil had been read, but the way they spoke about Miller iin the 2nd half told you it had been passed on and they were showing biase. Maybe this is what we need to do posting emails to Mr Smith and Co. pointing out this media biase on a weekly basis as even the press last week started to poiint this out. Only the football governing body can do something about the referees so most of the emails must go their way.

This is not paranoia its fact and it has to be stopped!

Yip I agree, its getting so out of hand and spoiling potentially good games. Normally Im at the games so dont hear the radio commentary, but today whilst listening to the game on BBC I emailed to complain. It did seem to click with Mr Preston that it would be correct to slate Miller in the same way as Miko.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

It's an injustice - and that's putting it mildly.

I know not everyone on here appreciates Shaggy but I think he's handled it incredibly well.

As far as I can see he's said to the Lithuanian players that they're "targets" from the refs in this country. It sounds like he's told them they're likely to be victimised by the refs and not to react when it happens.

Some of the media have started picking up on this.

Hopefully the media will continue to highlight these incidents and the refs will take notice.

I don't wish to speculate why it's taken the media so long to start noticing these things - but it does seem to coincide with the appointment of Shaggy as (interim) manager.

Sadly Scotland (and especially our media) seems to accept xenophobia without question - and I think this is very sad.

someone connected to hearts need to be brave enough to stand up against it (like levein did) and take these screwballs to court or something- WE ARE NOT PARANOID its been happening since andy *****ing davies!!!!!!

personally I am sick and tired of being cheated week in week out, today I couldnt make the game (gutted) but I listened to the whole game on radio Scotland and I counted 10 (yes thats TEN) times when their commentators stated that the foul that Aberdeen had just been given was soft, to say the least!

Then they go on in the second half after slating Miko for diving outside the box in the first half, to say that if theyre going to slate Miko for diving, then its only fair that they do the same with Lee Miller who deliberately got Berra booked, and only minutes later tried to get him sent off, they were disgusted with Miller.

The final nail in the coffin was when Miko was in the box and apparently fouled, both of the commentators agreed it was a stonewaller penalty kick to Hearts, but what does the ref do, he books Miko for diving!!!!

Not once did I hear the ref say that the free kick that Hearts recieved was soft, however to state TEN times in one match that Aberdeens free kicks were soft, added to the rest of the commentary, is absolute blatant cheating by Willie Column the ref.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat and states that I'm biased, or that I'm paranoid, try to remember that I WAS NOT at the game and I'm only going by what the commentators (who are absolutely unbiased and have no leanings toward either side) have said and stated as facts during their commentary of the game, I'm acting on what their view of the game was.

Surely there will come a time when we have enough video evidence to send it to UEFA, or at least try to get some legal body to do something about it and hang these cheating gits out to dry.

On a side note I have to congratulate the commentators for being honest enough to actually tell it like it is when its happening, fair play to them today.

It is absolutely 100% racism. From the S.F.A. and media.

I've been on all the Inclusion training pesh and what is happening is clearly racist.

Been going on too long and needs reported.

Surely some of the P.C. brigade would be interested.

someone connected to hearts need to be brave enough to stand up against it (like levein did) and take these screwballs to court or something- WE ARE NOT PARANOID its been happening since andy *****ing davies!!!!!!

He did and he was villified - mostly by Hearts supporters!

But then his name was Romanov!!!

See something on the telly you didn't understand ? Confused about a decision that was given in your game ? Tell us about it and we will do our best to talk you through why it was given. We'll put it out for everybody else to read so you will be doing others a favour too.

Don't believe the hype. Referees are not scared to talk and they are not gagged. This is exactly the forum where we can discuss stuff relating to matches, away from the heat of the game and in the right depth which you sometimes do not get from those looking for a juicy headline.

Click on Ask the Ref, then try to describe in as much detail as you can what went on and we will try to help you understand it. You don't have to agree with it, but at least you might get where we are coming from

http://www.glasgowreferees.co.uk/contact/

Spot On, Lets ask the barstard

I am sick of the blatant cheating from the officials. I know every team complains and the standard of refereeing is abysmal, but it has gone beyond a joke with Hearts. That's part of the reason I was advocating wee Craig Broon for our job.... if only to get us a fair shake of the refs. We really need someone who can put pressure on the refs.

He did and he was villified - mostly by Hearts supporters!

But then his name was Romanov!!!

To be honest thats a cracking point CM, however I think its fair to say that it was in the early stages when VR was moaning about it and no one really believed it was actually going on.

Now, 2 years further down the line, more and more people are noticing it and agree that something isn't right with our so called officials of the game. I think if Vlad stood up and said something about this now he would have our full backing.

Does that make sense?

The Old Tolbooth
To be honest thats a cracking point CM, however I think its fair to say that it was in the early stages when VR was moaning about it and no one really believed it was actually going on.

Now, 2 years further down the line, more and more people are noticing it and agree that something isn't right with our so called officials of the game. I think if Vlad stood up and said something about this now he would have our full backing.

Does that make sense?

Argghhhh, that was actually me that posted the above, my better half just hijacked my pc again grrrrr!

Archived