SONY LCD TELEVISIONS

jambolass1000

jambolass1000

I am thinking of splashing out for a new lcd telly, was looking at Sony, any other fellow JKB got one. I hear they are the best for picture quality etc. Was looking at 32inch D Series. Also thinking of getting hdd dvd recorder but not sure what to go for. Any pointers would be great

I am thinking of splashing out for a new lcd telly, was looking at Sony, any other fellow JKB got one. I hear they are the best for picture quality etc. Was looking at 32inch D Series. Also thinking of getting hdd dvd recorder but not sure what to go for. Any pointers would be great

Macro have a few on offer next week not sure if they are sony or not but you get a freeview box with a 160gb HDD recorder free with certain tvs.

Don't limit yourself to 1 manufacturer of television. Read up as many reviews as you can, as it's alot of money to be paying out, so you want to get the best you can.

My folks have a 32" Bravia and it's a lovely telly, but Which? rate the Panasonic Viera higher. They're about the same price. The Sony's really well rated too, but they have the Viera as #1.

Others here will tell you that they're all the same so I dunno!

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Get the B & O Beovision...smart as *****...

Reboxed Samsung at double the price

Could be a stupid rumour but i heard that all the lcd tvs are all the same quality.There is only 3 places that produce them and they have all the same components.So the only thing you are paying for is a makers badge.:confused::wacko:

what is your problem with me? You are always causing animosity, why I do not know. It is a forum I can post what I like within moderation. Anyone else got a problem with the my post?

I've got a problem with your grammar!

;)

what is your problem with me? You are always causing animosity, why I do not know. It is a forum I can post what I like within moderation. Anyone else got a problem with the my post?

I certainly don't have a problem with you. ;)

No problem, you just contribute nothing.

That's not true, by asking the question she has been the catalyst for a discusson on LCD tvs.

I now know that Which? rate the Panasonic TV, and find that helpful.

Anyone got a problem with me?

I have a 40" Bravia and it is excellent. The one I have is now about ?600 cheaper than when I bought it however the quality of screens has improved as has the technology that drives the display.

Panasonic are also very nice. Either or and you will have a great telly.

championsleaguefan
So aggressive and against forum rules.

People like neobis are spoiling kickback. I very rarely post on here these days because of peole like you.

Leave the kid alone

ps at least prancer is not on here anymore he was a pest.

I am far from an expert but I am led to believe that LCD screens are better if you are looking for anything less than 32", if you are looking for something a bit bigger (isn't every girl?) you should go for a Plasma.

I have been told that Samsung and Panasonic are the way to go tbh. Pioneer are (allegedly) up there with the best but you pay through the nose for them. Sony has a reputation (not for any specific item though) for being over priced simply because it is Sony.

A mate has a Samsung and it is a cracking screen and the actual fascia is nice also. I don't think they are too dear either.

People like neobis are spoiling kickback. I very rarely post on here these days because of peole like you.

Leave the kid alone

ps at least prancer is not on here anymore he was a pest.

You obviously have not read much of the Terrace recently then!;)

jambolass1000
jambolass1000, look closely, I'm not calling you a bitch, I'm calling neobis a bitch - based very much on his track record.

You keep on posting whatever you want, that's what the 'shed' is for, if neobis doesn't like it he can do one.

thanks John, was getting confused, all this abuse from neobis and negative attitude towards me why I do not know. Neobis why are you wasting your time causing friction why don't you go and post a thread but then again will anyone answer your threads.

jambolass1000
I am far from an expert but I am led to believe that LCD screens are better if you are looking for anything less than 32", if you are looking for something a bit bigger (isn't every girl?) you should go for a Plasma.

I have been told that Samsung and Panasonic are the way to go tbh. Pioneer are (allegedly) up there with the best but you pay through the nose for them. Sony has a reputation (not for any specific item though) for being over priced simply because it is Sony.

A mate has a Samsung and it is a cracking screen and the actual fascia is nice also. I don't think they are too dear either.

i hear what you are saying, lol re every girl looking for something bigger. I will bear Panasonic in mind.

Carl Fredrickson

Recently got 2 LCDs for a youth facilty - a 32" & a 40" both Samsung. Lovely stylish TVs with cracking picture quality. The 40" was ?580 from Dixons online.

Wanted a new tv for my bedroom on a limited budget and got a HANNSPREE 37" for ?360 from BT.com.

17 reviews of it and it got 4.5 out of 5. Delivered within 2 days and it is as good as the Samsungs for a lot less.

I dont know much about the technical stuff but the cheap brand is as good to watch as the pricier ones.

jambolass1000
All this abuse?

As said earlier please post proof?

You are living in a fantasy land.

if you are a moderator, you should be ashamed of yourself picking on a fellow hearts fan JKB member. You know what posts I have posted dont you if you are a moderator as you were able to reel them all off. Yes Painter and Decorator, Buzzer Repair man, curtains. Get a life.

jambolass1000

If the OP is still interested I do in fact have a 32" Sony Bravia. The only thing that sort of bothered me was I wanted to use the HMDI connection, but I have a Panasonic DVD recorder and the two are not compatible for HMDI, Sony has to have Sony.

I have the HD channels and the picture is excellent.

jambolass1000
If the OP is still interested I do in fact have a 32" Sony Bravia. The only thing that sort of bothered me was I wanted to use the HMDI connection, but I have a Panasonic DVD recorder and the two are not compatible for HMDI, Sony has to have Sony.

I have the HD channels and the picture is excellent.

thanks Bob, What Series is your TV? I was looking at D Series has at a lot of good features. Is 32" big enough for you. Someone was saying the bigger the better but i am just unsure

We've got a 42" Samsung for the living room and my son has a 32" Samsung in his room for playing his xbox. Got both of them from John Lewis as they do free delivery and a 5 years free warranty. Certainly wouldn't complain about either. Had a few kitchen salesmen in over the past few weeks and they have all commented on how good the quality of the picture is and how sleek the 42" is.

Had a few kitchen salesmen in over the past few weeks and they have all commented on how good the quality of the picture is and how sleek the 42" is.

I think they were trying to charm you into buying a kitchen ;)

Case closed? What does that mean?

Our respective understanding of being polite may vary. I consider you, and what you post to be indicative of an attention seeking immature bully, and so perhaps when I correspond with you, my feelings sneak through, and you pick up on it thus considering me to be inpolite?

I wonder whatever could have caused me to form this view of you?

I'm generally not aggressive, although I can be and have been in the past. Please be assured that my posts to you were not intended to be aggressive, rather they were intended to demonstrate that I have utter contempt for you - is that a bit clearer?

Let me give you a little (more) advice - stay away from me on this board and refrain from responding to or offering views on my contributions. If however you cant do this, let me know what your issue is with me (by PM if you prefer) and we'll sort it. Hey we could even meet to resolve it?

As for your inferred or implied status as a mod, I couldn't give a toss what your status is, your behavior is appalling, and if you are a mod, then you should be ashamed, and whoever sanctioned your status as a mod should perhaps reconsider.

Hopefully that's clear for you?

I have no status.

In my opinion your behaviour (yes my spelling is correct) ..... i.e aggressive postings and PM's etc.

I have no opinion of you as to have an opinion I would need to care.

I am happy to meet to resolve etc I have nothing to hide.

Please continue to be aggressive towards me and call me a bitch etc ........

Hopefully I have clarified my position.

jambolass1000
Awww babes, not so good. I hope it hasn't upset you too much. I realise you may not want to post on here but if you want to pm me to get things off your chest feel free. Take care xxx

thanks, much appreciated.

I have no status.

In my opinion your behaviour (yes my spelling is correct) ..... i.e aggressive postings and PM's etc.

I have no opinion of you as to have an opinion I would need to care.

I am happy to meet to resolve etc I have nothing to hide.

Please continue to be aggressive towards me and call me a bitch etc ........

Hopefully I have clarified my position.

You have a PM

Oh, and btw - I think you'll find that 'behavior' is equally acceptable.

My folks have a 32" Bravia and it's a lovely telly, but Which? rate the Panasonic Viera higher. They're about the same price. The Sony's really well rated too, but they have the Viera as #1.

Others here will tell you that they're all the same so I dunno!

Costco have just this week got in the new 65" Panasonic viera plasma. Effin tidy piecce of kit. Weighs 97 kilos! ENIAC didnae even weigh that! Full 1080 HD, 3 ports, and all for just ?5200! (Inc vat!)

Neobis, you have tried your hardest to be a pain in the erse as far back as I can remember. You try to make yourself sound intellectual, and fit in with the likes of Top cat, Boris et al, but you are no really any good at it. You have knackered a perfectly good thread here right from the outset. Bet ye feel hard as now ye have upset a girl.

Neobis, you have tried your hardest to be a pain in the erse as far back as I can remember. You try to make yourself sound intellectual, and fit in with the likes of Top cat, Boris et al, but you are no really any good at it. You have knackered a perfectly good thread here right from the outset. Bet ye feel hard as now ye have upset a girl.

I think your grammar says it all.

Are you still on strike?

p.s - its neobis with a lower-case n.

Christ on a bike. What I would do if I was you AND I was quite set on the Sony is go to a shop and actually look at the Sony and other alternatives. You may find that a similar picture is available much cheaper, you may not. That is a lot of candy to spend on a 32" TV IMO.

I think your grammar says it all.

Are you still on strike?

p.s - its neobis with a lower-case n.

Grammar says all what? Yet another hollow reply.

Nope. I am no longer a postman.

sorry nobbis

Grammar says all what? Yet another hollow reply.

Nope. I am no longer a postman.

sorry nobbis

Your inital posting had very poor grammar. Hence my comment.

.. and now your retort to abusive comments.

:confused:

Christ on a bike. What I would do if I was you AND I was quite set on the Sony is go to a shop and actually look at the Sony and other alternatives. You may find that a similar picture is available much cheaper, you may not. That is a lot of candy to spend on a 32" TV IMO.

?540 ish for a panasonic viera in Costco 42" lcd. Or ?624 for the Samsung effort of the same size.

OR! :P

Samsung 32" LCD, 3 HDMI ports, 1366 x 768 res, Digi freeview for ?411.24 inc VAT next week!

Your inital posting had very poor grammar. Hence my comment.

.. and now your retort to abusive comments.

My grammar wasnae all that bad! What, differen-ce. does, 'good,' grammar make on a internet. forum make?.

My grammar wasnae all that bad! What, differen-ce. does, 'good,' grammar make on a internet. forum make?.

Good grammar makes you understandable.

Simple.

Good grammar makes you understandable.

Simple.

I really don't think it is particularly that important when we are talkin about fitba most of the time! Hardly anyone on here uses impeccible grammar, and I get by! As do most other users! Why does it affect you so much? That's a bit of a disorder no?

The Royal Ed will be in touch shortly..

I really don't think it is particularly that important when we are talkin about fitba most of the time! Hardly anyone on here uses impeccible grammar, and I get by! As do most other users! Why does it affect you so much? That's a bit of a disorder no?

The Royal Ed will be in touch shortly..

It does not affect me; I am only merely trying to help you?

Miller Jambo 60
It does not affect me; I am only merely trying to help you?

You been on the MIDORI my friend a great win by Hearts today and you are getting in to everybody.

Whats the problem .:)

You been on the MIDORI my friend a great win by Hearts today and you are getting in to everybody.

Whats the problem .:)

Everybody?

Forget Sony, Panasonic are the best TVs around at the moment. Every single one got top marks and have received multiple awards from the likes of Which? magazine.

Archived