Quality Control

RosscoC

Heres Rixxy

"I have lots of names and I talk to Mr Romanov every day as we try to find players for the club.

"We will not hurry but take time and make a group decision."

:confused:

Not sure I like the sound of a group decision, would much rather he said it was his decision.

"I have lots of names and I talk to Mr Romanov every day as we try to find players for the club.

"We will not hurry but take time and make a group decision."

:confused:

Not sure I like the sound of a group decision, would much rather he said it was his decision.

do you know how football clubs work? Do you think Alex Ferguson has carte blanche? Ofcourse not, managers talk to scouts, scouts talk to managers, they all talk to owners, then managers and owners/board talk about the money!

Is it not good that Csaba is telling us how it is rather than saying, 'it's me, it's all me!!!'...???

Im glad he has input, and it would appear (Obua is my example), a healthy input

He suggests the player and Romanov finds out how much he is and enquires. Surely nothing wrong with a group decision.

for example Laszslo picks Riorden and tell Vlad to go see about it. Celtic say 500k, they make a decision together whether it is value for money.

Heres Rixxy
do you know how football clubs work? Do you think Alex Ferguson has carte blanche? Ofcourse not, managers talk to scouts, scouts talk to managers, they all talk to owners, then managers and owners/board talk about the money!

Is it not good that Csaba is telling us how it is rather than saying, 'it's me, it's all me!!!'...???

Im glad he has input, and it would appear (Obua is my example), a healthy input

I am aware of how football clubs operate. Difference being with Sir Alex would be that he is the one that identifies who he wants, then works with the board to get them. The way Csaba worded it, "I talk to Mr Romanov every day as we try to find players", makes it sound like they both are identifying players.

I am aware of how football clubs operate. Difference being with Sir Alex would be that he is the one that identifies who he wants, then works with the board to get them. The way Csaba worded it, "I talk to Mr Romanov every day as we try to find players", makes it sound like they both are identifying players.

What's wrong with that? Romanov has a scouting network which, by the way, has unearthed a few good players for us. Sorry if i sound like im having a personal go, but i just get pist with people looking so far into every little quote.

Wait till the end of August and see who we've signed. Who finds them, i dont give a feck

Heres Rixxy
What's wrong with that? Romanov has a scouting network which, by the way, has unearthed a few good players for us. Sorry if i sound like im having a personal go, but i just get pist with people looking so far into every little quote.

Wait till the end of August and see who we've signed. Who finds them, i dont give a feck

Whats wrong with that is it should be down to the manager and his scouts. Not the owner. Just don't want any players bought by Vlad if the manager doesn't want him after having a look (ala Tall).

However if it does happen and they turn out to be good additions, then I'll deny ever saying any of this... :P

siegementality
Whats wrong with that is it should be down to the manager and his scouts. Not the owner. Just don't want any players bought by Vlad if the manager doesn't want him after having a look (ala Tall).

However if it does happen and they turn out to be good additions, then I'll deny ever saying any of this... :P

It's all smoke and mirrors mate, feck all appears to have changed, for "together" and "we" read the "80%, 20% team selection" offered to McGhee.

Jam Tarts 1874
Kuanus diddies on the 31st of August it is then. Same old Same old.

If Kaunas knock Rangers out of Europe, will their players still be "diddies"? :rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
If Kaunas knock Rangers out of Europe, will their players still be "diddies"? :rolleyes:

Depends if one swallow makes a summer or not.

I like Csaba he talks a lot of sense and find myself agreeing with all he had to say when he first arrived. However he seems to be backtracking on a daily basis on the things he said when he first arrived.

I have a horrible feeling we are going to go with what we have this season. If we do a top 6 finish will be a good effort from him.

99% of them will be IMO. A draw at Ibrox is not going to change that.

Clerry Jambo

May i suggest their "diddies" are probably better than our " diddies" at the moment........wouldn't fancy our chances against them in a competitive match just now.........:rolleyes:

Rudolf's Mate

Sometimes I think people are willing us to go back to the ways of last season/want Shabba to be another Vlad monkey!

His english is not perfect yet people are jumping all over the slightest word and IMO looking for the negative twist on it. There is nothing strange about working with the owner on bringing people in. Another way is that maybe just maybe he was meaning that if he does find someone, he needs to go to Vlad and convince him that he's worth the money simply because of the duds we've paid for in the past :wacko:

The paranoia on here is unbelievable!

Guest JamboRobbo
May i suggest their "diddies" are probably better than our " diddies" at the moment........wouldn't fancy our chances against them in a competitive match just now.........:rolleyes:

We're poor, but not that poor.

The Old Tolbooth

If that does happen (I still don't think it will), it will be one of the most embarrassing results in the history of der hun, I don't honestly think it will mean they are world beaters, however I'm scared that Vlad might not see it that way.

I honestly think that the way der hun are playing that Aalborg would rip them a new one anyway, and would certainly be good enough to send Kaunas packing.

Drylaw Hearts
He suggests the player and Romanov finds out how much he is and enquires. Surely nothing wrong with a group decision.

for example Laszslo picks Riorden and tell Vlad to go see about it. Celtic say 500k, they make a decision together whether it is value for money.

I know the above was only an example but I've taken the time to make a more realistic example.

for example Vlad picks Riordan and tells Csaba to check him out. Celtic say 500k, they make a decision together whether it is value for money.

:)

Commander Harris

how does that fit with this quote from that article?

"I will not go for the cheapest available but the best in the market for us and that is not easy."

Guest JamboRobbo
how does that fit with this quote from that article?

"I will not go for the cheapest available but the best in the market for us and that is not easy."

Depends how you look at it I guess. "The best in the market for us"? In Vlads eyes, Kaunus players appear to be "the best in the market for us".

Take the last part of the sentence "that is not easy". Ready made excuse. We get to the 31st, say "oh dear, we didn't manage to get in the players we went for (honest :P), so we'll need to bring in some Kaunus diddies to tide us over". Like we've done numerous times before.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but the longer we go without making signings, and the closer we get to the season starting, and then the transfer window closing, the more the concern grows that we won't make any signings, then we'll get Kaunus diddies in instead.

Drylaw Hearts
At least it is something different.

Unlike signing players from Kaunas every Transfer Window.

Rudolf's Mate
The squad needs strengthening is the bottom line.

We're less than a week away from the start of the season. Its far from ideal.

One last thing this talking to Vlad everyday, hardly seems like old Vlad is backing off from team affairs.

If the window closes and we've not brought in a striker (decent one) then I'll start to worry.... Not before.

JR, will you and your cohorts give it a fecking rest? The constant dirge of negativity for the sake of it, is making some threads unreadable....and on another thread you're having a schoolboy esque slanging match including insults about each others dead mothers!?:eek:

Our one confirmed signing so far (work permit pending), David Obua, did not come from Kaunas. Mike Tullberg the striker we have on trial, did not come from Kaunas.

Like it or not, VR does appear to have a large network of contacts when it comes to player recruitment, even if the quality of player in the past couple of years hasn't been upto scratch (although I think there are several examples, notably Goncalves, where good coaching would have got much more out of the player). If Csaba does identify a player, of course Romanov has to be involved in the process, ultimately it is up to VR to sanction the finance for any purchase.

I am happy for once that we are taking our time to find the right players as opposed to signing players for the sake of it.

Csaba stated at the press conference the other day that he won't discuss specific names - whilst transfer speculation (particulary in regard to Riordan) mounts.

My own thoughts on reading the Quality Control article were that it might simply be hinting (without naming him) that while Riordan might appear like a decent-quality quick-fix...there is a reluctance to sign him as he could ultimately prove to be an expensive mistake.

Something we all know already of course.

Just my thoughts folks. :)

What's wrong with what Csaba has said ?

Seriously people are just picking holes because of what happened in the past.Personally i think Csaba is right whe he says he won't just sign a player because an agent recommends him or because a player is cheap(ala Hibs).

Manager makes list of players. Manager gives chairman/owner said list of players and tells him he wants x positions covered. Chairman/owner then checks availability, price and wages.

Once the players have agreed to terms, the chairman/owner goes back to the manager to tell him. The manager then has the final say if he wants the player signed or not.

99% of the time that's how it works. A joint decision.

Dirk Diggler
JR, will you and your cohorts give it a fecking rest? The constant dirge of negativity for the sake of it, is making some threads unreadable....and on another thread you're having a schoolboy esque slanging match including insults about each others dead mothers!?:eek:

Our one confirmed signing so far (work permit pending), David Obua, did not come from Kaunas. Mike Tullberg the striker we have on trial, did not come from Kaunas.

Like it or not, VR does appear to have a large network of contacts when it comes to player recruitment, even if the quality of player in the past couple of years hasn't been upto scratch (although I think there are several examples, notably Goncalves, where good coaching would have got much more out of the player). If Csaba does identify a player, of course Romanov has to be involved in the process, ultimately it is up to VR to sanction the finance for any purchase.

I am happy for once that we are taking our time to find the right players as opposed to signing players for the sake of it.

:clap:

Guest JamboRobbo
JR, will you and your cohorts give it a fecking rest?

Will I give it a rest, no.

Are people who have similar opinions my cohorts? No. Just jambos with a different opinion than you .

Fair enough points and that is the other side of the argument. Surely what a forum is about. Both sides of the debate. Not telling one side to shut up cause you disagree.

Ryan Gosling

If Kaunas beat Rangers, we won't see any of their players at Hearts.

They have a decent chance of winning the next round against Aalborg.

If they don't, they go into the UEFA Cup - and Vlad won't weaken Kaunas if they have a chance of European success.

So come on Kaunas.

If Kaunas beat Rangers, we won't see any of their players at Hearts.

They have a decent chance of winning the next round against Aalborg.

If they don't, they go into the UEFA Cup - and Vlad won't weaken Kaunas if they have a chance of European success.

So come on Kaunas.

There's no point throwing logic around. tsk tsk

:fing25:

Are people who have similar opinions my cohorts? No. Just jambos with a different opinion than you .

Fair enough points and that is the other side of the argument. Surely what a forum is about. Both sides of the debate. Not telling one side to shut up cause you disagree.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion and yes I myself am still negative on certain issues when it comes to HMFC (see signature). However I cannot help but feel that you are ruining many others enjoyment of JKB by turning almost any thread you contribute to into a negative discourse.

I remember reading John Stuart Mill's harm principle at university and I think the basic principle of it could be applied here..you are entitled to your opinion, but when those opinions are beginning to harm the enjoyment of other users on the forum, you must begin to question if maybe, just maybe those opinions are a wee bit OTT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harm_Principle

Of course you are entitled to your opinion and yes I myself am still negative on certain issues when it comes to HMFC (see signature). However I cannot help but feel that you are ruining many others enjoyment of JKB by turning almost any thread you contribute to into a negative discourse.

I remember reading John Stuart Mill's harm principle at university and I think the basic principle of it could be applied here..you are entitled to your opinion, but when those opinions are beginning to harm the enjoyment of other users on the forum, you must begin to question if maybe, just maybe those opinions are a wee bit OTT.

Spot on Martin with JR and a few others there posts are the same sh it but a different day.

There is never an attempt for healthy discussion or even positive comment. Jesus even when I do agree with such posts they still manage to ruin it!!!

With regards to the OP I think this is a good thing as we have bought sh it far too easily however as is with Hearts just now actions will speak louder than words.

I can understand where MartinT is coming from. If csaba says something like "we will make a decision" that is taken to mean "Kaunas diddies, Vlad makes all the decisions". As ive said before I agree 100% with Martin. I am sure the whole world is MORE than aware of your views, as they are in almost every thread on KB thus making posters read negative slant after negative slant on ANY news/quotes/opinions coming from Tynie and other posters.

WHilst not going to tell you to shut up as it IS an open forum maybe you could just hang off from entering almost every thread and offering the same responses time and time again? You are now at a point where you are coming across like a stuck record on a very dull song.

Not wanting to fall out, just offering some advice.

Guest JamboRobbo

There are plenty people on this forum who I think talk a load of rubbish too. If it bothered me, I'd not read their posts. Seems a pretty simple solution.

I suggest all those bothered by my posts don't read my posts in future. Problem solved.

Sometimes I think people are willing us to go back to the ways of last season/want Shabba to be another Vlad monkey!

His english is not perfect yet people are jumping all over the slightest word and IMO looking for the negative twist on it. There is nothing strange about working with the owner on bringing people in. Another way is that maybe just maybe he was meaning that if he does find someone, he needs to go to Vlad and convince him that he's worth the money simply because of the duds we've paid for in the past :wacko:

The paranoia on here is unbelievable!

Bang on the money mate,couldnt have worded it better myself.

Spoiling it because you disagree with him Martin ? Is it safe to assume if you agreed with someone you would be happy for them to post all day long. You could then add "spot on" or "good post" ad nauseum.

Seriously why do people allow jkb to upset or bother them so much. If you don't like what anyone has to say ignore it.

There are plenty people on this forum who I think talk a load of rubbish too. If it bothered me, I'd not read their posts. Seems a pretty simple solution.

I suggest all those bothered by my posts don't read my posts in future. Problem solved.

Its kind of hard not to read your posts when you have 18,000 of them and post the same type of thing on every thread. I put you on ignore more than once but youd be surprised (or not and maybe thats what your doing?) how quickly threads descend into a "please dont post JR" debate. Like this one has, and you cant follow the thread anymore because you cant see the comments from yourself.

This thread is exactly what Im talking about. It all becomes about you. Just moderate yourself, folk know your viewpoints. Let some other people have a debate once in a while.

Spoiling it because you disagree with him Martin ? Is it safe to assume if you agreed with someone you would be happy for them to post all day long. You could then add "spot on" or "good post" ad nauseum.

Seriously why do people allow jkb to upset or bother them so much. If you don't like what anyone has to say ignore it.

Spot on!! ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
Its kind of hard not to read your posts when you have 18,000 of them and post the same type of thing on every thread. I put you on ignore more than once but youd be surprised (or not and maybe thats what your doing?) how quickly threads descend into a "please dont post JR" debate. Like this one has, and you cant follow the thread anymore because you cant see the comments from yourself.

This thread is exactly what Im talking about. It all becomes about you. Just moderate yourself, folk know your viewpoints. Let some other people have a debate once in a while.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but please just scroll down and don't read when you see my name.

I'm not going to moderate what I think just because people disagree with me.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but please just scroll down and don't read when you see my name.

I'm not going to moderate what I think just because people disagree with me.

Your missing my point. I didnt say moderate what you think (fwiw I actually agree with you sometimes). I asked you to moderate how often you post. You dont need to add to every thread.

Do you know where hell is

The same names and the same negativity, the old classic "If you dont like it dont read it" carry on, also get on my tits as it is near impossible to do seeing as you are contributing to the debate. If i want to join in the debate there is a good chance i will have to make reference to one of these negative posts as thats what the debate ends up turning into.

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion but a few on here act as if they are the voice of reason because they have the most posts! For the record i think vlad is a ***** and in an ideal world i would love it if he got to ****, but that isnt realistic and in my opinion wont happen so we must get on with it.

I feel we have reason to be optimistic this season and if the players can be half as commited as the coach is then we will do well. The expectation level has been lowered and many fans are now more realistic. If we get off to a bad start and it seems it is the same old **** then i too will be going mental but until then i am going to have a bit faith and dare i say it "believe" again.

Guest JamboRobbo
Your missing my point. I didnt say moderate what you think (fwiw I actually agree with you sometimes). I asked you to moderate how often you post. You dont need to add to every thread.

I don't. :)

Archived