Allan Preston

CMc

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Email sent as follows:

The following is verbatim from just one of the commentators who have disgraced this nation (Scotland) with their biased reporting on Hearts recently, particularly with regards to Lithuanian players.

"It's smart play by Miller. If referees are gullible enough to fall for it then it is fair play"

15 seconds later.

"Mikoliunas going down too easily. It's not something I like to see. It doesn't matter if it is him or anyone else..."

I think a reprimand for the double-standards and hypocrisy of Mr Preston's so-called reporting is in order and an apology to all those who still believe in reporting the truth and not the reporter?s own biased and bitter agenda!

Regards

I listened to the commentary today and didn't find it particularly biased from Allan Preston. As a poster inferred, if you take a comment in isolation then it can have a completely different meaning. Allan has just called me to ascertain exactly what was posted. When I told him he was upset about it as he had gone to great lengths to criticise Lee Miller throughout the game for his diving and also felt that he was unprofessional in trying to get Christophe Berra sent off. He was at pains to emphasise that his criticism of Miko was not isolated.

I appreciate that this will do nothing to appease the masses but wanted to post his thoughts in order to try to balance the debate.

BTW, I don't think they have access to JKB whilst on-air so it was unlikely that he had an inkling of the posts before Richard Gordon brought them up.

Scott

I can understand that to an extent but he was clear in his 'fair play' comment. It's the same nonsense commentators come out with when Nakamura dives - "Nakamura cleverly draws the foul".

He also changed tack in the second-half - someone had clearly tipped him off (I don't believe for a second no-one in Sportsound has a lappy with wi-fi on it)!

At least he's less likely to do it again - I'm not sorry I emailed him and posted the contact details on the thread to get others to follow suit. The more pressure put on media, commentators and referees (and there have been 3 noteable comments in reports on ref bias in the last 2 weeks) - the more things might change.

Archived