Bednar.

Dirk Diggler

Wonderful what having a proper manager with no interference from the owner can do. Still some on here were delighted he went on loan. Clowns. :)

he was always injured, overweight & thieving wages here tho. cheating the fans.... blah blah blah.

LOOK AT ME

It does show how much some Hearts fans on JKB know about football though.

Can't remember how many chumps said "useless fatty" or some other crap about Bednar.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Says who?

I'd imagine that's what we will get for him.

Agreed fee and all of that.

FFS

Bednar is gone

Get over it

He was crap for us

He wasn't crap for us...

Any idea why he didn't fulfil his potential at Tynie.....

I don't think there is a player in our squad Vlad would agree to sell for 500k.

Seriously.

He seems to either give them away or demand millions for them.

Had this same debate with Lord BJ earlier this morning. I was not aware until this morning that Mowbray had stated he believed that a deal was done. The article I found with him saying as such was from the 13/1 and was written (admittedly, this could be the journalist trying to make old news sound new) as if a deal had just been agreed. IF that was the case, given he had been scoring for the first half of the season, ?500,000 would be folly. Anyhoo, VR's past record shows he over rates players values as opposed to underrates them. I will be surprised if any arranged fee (again, the article does not say that a fee had been set in stone) was less than ?2 Million.

if he keeps on scoring like he does for west brom if they want to keep him hearts should get at least ?2million for him

and again a fee of less than a million ( 500k -700k ish) has already been agreed

and again a fee of less than a million ( 500k -700k ish) has already been agreed

That's never been confirmed though Prancer.

And again, Says who?

Nucky Thompson
Had this same debate with Lord BJ earlier this morning. I was not aware until this morning that Mowbray had stated he believed that a deal was done. The article I found with him saying as such was from the 13/1 and was written (admittedly, this could be the journalist trying to make old news sound new) as if a deal had just been agreed. IF that was the case, given he had been scoring for the first half of the season, ?500,000 would be folly. Anyhoo, VR's past record shows he over rates players values as opposed to underrates them. I will be surprised if any arranged fee (again, the article does not say that a fee had been set in stone) was less than ?2 Million.
I would say ?3m. With WBA favorites to go up, and like you say Bednar scoring for fun before the agreement was reached.

Stevie Frail said last week that NO agreement to sell Bednar has been made

Excellent news, where did he say that?

We should be able to get serious cash for him.

Commander Harris
Is that 11 goals in ten starts for Bednar?

If we'd had a decent manager how many would he have got for us?

11 in 13 for WBA. already equalled his league total for hearts.

sorry where exactly do you get your information from?:eek:

Looks like you or Frail may be talking baws.

Commander Harris

they could both be right. There may well be no agreement in place just now, but WBA could have first option - possibly with a pre-arranged fee.

they could both be right. There may well be no agreement in place just now, but WBA could have first option - possibly with a pre-arranged fee.

No.

They are both apparently saying opposite things so how can they both be correct?

Geoff Kilpatrick

How would Shaggy know? He doesn't have a scooby about the Screpis situation for example.

Commander Harris
No.

They are both apparently saying opposite things so how can they both be correct?

well it depends what the poster or frail meant by "no agreement". i.e. No deal has yet been done. That does not rule out an option that WBA can take up.

well it depends what the poster or frail meant by "no agreement". i.e. No deal has yet been done. That does not rule out an option that WBA can take up.

I think the poster meant that according to Frail, there is no fee agreed and that is negotiable in the summer. This is in complete contradiction to what monkey magic is saying.

11 in 13 for WBA. already equalled his league total for hearts.

10 in 16 actually. 9 league goals, 2 more to equal his league total for Hearts.

Commander Harris
9 in 15 actually. 8 league goals, 3 more to equal his league total for Hearts.

my bad. just going by what the chap on the radio was saying.

my bad. just going by what the chap on the radio was saying.

Edited my post to include the goal today. I got my stats from the West Brom official site so it would appear the radio guy is wrong.

Thunderstruck

Andy Kirk scored again today. Let's have him back for good measure.

Players come and go and sometimes do better with their new clubs. Others do not - Rudi for example.

There is no guarantee Bednar would be as successful if he came back.

The loan agreement between Hearts and West Brom can be made permanent next summer if all parties are agreeable, and Bednar conceded a long-term future in England is possible after two years in the SPL.

His Tynecastle contract expires in June 2010, therefore majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov would be entitled to a fee should he agree to sell the Czech forward. Speaking exclusively to the Evening News, Bednar said: "Anything can happen but, at Hearts, some things I wanted changed. Maybe I will never come back. Maybe that will happen."

Doesn't sound definate to me. Trying to find the Frail quote

[

I dont remember him being rated as crap when we had a real manager here. That only started when Romanov summarely got rid of anyone he didnt sign or approve. People have yet to wake up to the fact the fantasy manager is leaving the so called team manager with no one to draw from other than the dross from the mother land. Not one for conspiracy theories but maybe that why we are not signing players, we will just continue to play the Kaunas wonder boys. because there is no one else.

QUOTE=Banksyforengland;35237]FFS

Bednar is gone

Get over it

He was crap for us

Nucky Thompson
The loan agreement between Hearts and West Brom can be made permanent next summer if all parties are agreeable, and Bednar conceded a long-term future in England is possible after two years in the SPL.

His Tynecastle contract expires in June 2010, therefore majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov would be entitled to a fee should he agree to sell the Czech forward. Speaking exclusively to the Evening News, Bednar said: "Anything can happen but, at Hearts, some things I wanted changed. Maybe I will never come back. Maybe that will happen."

Doesn't sound definate to me. Trying to find the Frail quote

I thought he signed a 5 year deal in the summer of 2006, that takes him up till 2011.

Regarding Bednar, Frail is irked by comments attributed to the on-loan Czech. "Roman is only on loan and all I read last week was how he doesn't want to come back to Hearts. So good luck to him," said Frail. "He obviously feels he's better than Hearts and can go and better himself at West Brom. If that's the case, then fine, we'll look at it come the summer."

I think the poster meant that according to Frail, there is no fee agreed and that is negotiable in the summer. This is in complete contradiction to what monkey magic is saying.

You can knock monkey magic all you want but he has Bednar performing and that is something we couldnt do with all the fantasy managers after Burley.

Regarding Bednar, Frail is irked by comments attributed to the on-loan Czech. "Roman is only on loan and all I read last week was how he doesn't want to come back to Hearts. So good luck to him," said Frail. "He obviously feels he's better than Hearts and can go and better himself at West Brom. If that's the case, then fine, we'll look at it come the summer."

I wonder why a professional manager like Frail would stoop to passing comments on what a player has supposedly said without checking with him first to confirm it.

Andy Kirk scored again today. Let's have him back for good measure.

Players come and go and sometimes do better with their new clubs. Others do not - Rudi for example.

There is no guarantee Bednar would be as successful if he came back.

There are never guarantees - but I'd have him back tomorrow.

Oi....stop naming me on threads, that I have not contributed to! How do you complain to mods! Away at complete your Lithiunianian Panini sticket album.:)

Seriously, I am the poster who is banding the 500k figure about. I'm fairly sure I read it in an article, similar to the Mowbary article saying its all pre-agreed etc. Now, the difference I was sure the pre-agreed deal was Monkey head quotes. Not sure that is the case with the 500k.

Though I'm 90% positive I read it somewhere.

Though in fairness the article I read had a lot more quotes from monkey heid and I'm sure the quotes where the deal was agreed on his arrival. The article you found was a re-hash of what I read, as read it last year!

Intresting enough Vlad agree the fee before the player arive at us, so no reason to suspect he would not work the same in reverse.

Time will tell.

Oh you rule abider you.

You work in a library don't you? You are the wee boy in the arran sweater that gives you a glare when you are a day late with a book aren't you.;)

Ahh I remember you, your were the tranvestite that came in looking in for sex changes for dummies! I directed you in the appropriate direction, the hybernian myth section, and told you, you weren't my type!;)

ps. that book now two weeks overdue!

Erm, I didn't use my real name and address.....:eek:

Archived