PC Help required - no sound.

grumpyjambo

Somehow I have lost the sound to my pc, the problem seems a Realtek file called Azmixersel.exe. I cannot find it on the net or work out how to repair the file.

Can anyone help?

Sheriff Fatman
I know the manufacturer but for some reason it will not install. :confused:

Can you roll back the drivers to a previous working state?

Miller Jambo 60
How is that done?

TT if you have system restore by going in to control panel then system and maintenance you can put your pc back to an earlier state and hopefully this might do the trick.:)

TT if you have system restore by going in to control panel then system and maintenance you can put your pc back to an earlier state and hopefully this might do the trick.:)

Thanks but I cannot see a maintanence tab

Try going to Start. then choose All Programs, then Accessories then System Tools then System Restore

Try going to Start. then choose All Programs, then Accessories then System Tools then System Restore

Thanks, that has helped restore the programme but still no sound

Have you...

1. Checked the sound lead is correctly connected to the back of your PC, you can do it quite easily by matching colours, usually green for main channel sound (L/R), blue for surround and pink for central / subwoofer.

2. Are your speakers turned on and connected? Or the sound cable to your monitor if the speakers are integrated with that.

3. Is your sound on "mute"? If so, switch it on.

Simple things but you'd be surprised with the number of folk who can't get sound simply because their speakers are unplugged!!

The file indicates you use Realtek Audio which is an integrated chip on your motherboard in most cases, ie you have no PCI based soundcard or you are using a laptop.

Simplest thing is to locate the drivers for the card and reinstall. A quick way to do this is to go to Start - Control Panel - Add / Remove Progs and scroll to find Realtek software, uninstall, reboot and then go to Start - All Programs - Windows Update, run the update, it will locate the latest drivers as submitted to Microsoft by Realtek, install and happy listening.

Have you...

1. Checked the sound lead is correctly connected to the back of your PC, you can do it quite easily by matching colours, usually green for main channel sound (L/R), blue for surround and pink for central / subwoofer.

2. Are your speakers turned on and connected? Or the sound cable to your monitor if the speakers are integrated with that.

3. Is your sound on "mute"? If so, switch it on.

Simple things but you'd be surprised with the number of folk who can't get sound simply because their speakers are unplugged!!

The file indicates you use Realtek Audio which is an integrated chip on your motherboard in most cases, ie you have no PCI based soundcard or you are using a laptop.

Simplest thing is to locate the drivers for the card and reinstall. A quick way to do this is to go to Start - Control Panel - Add / Remove Progs and scroll to find Realtek software, uninstall, reboot and then go to Start - All Programs - Windows Update, run the update, it will locate the latest drivers as submitted to Microsoft by Realtek, install and happy listening.

Cheers Das Root, tried all that and it still does not work, I am now in the process of backing up documents, music etc. to reinstall windows tomorrow night. :ahhhhhhh:

Cheers Das Root, tried all that and it still does not work, I am now in the process of backing up documents, music etc. to reinstall windows tomorrow night. :ahhhhhhh:

Before you do that....drop me a PM with your MSN and I'll talk you through some other solutions tonight, save you a hell of a lot of hassle.

What make and model of pc do you have??

Before you do that....drop me a PM with your MSN and I'll talk you through some other solutions tonight, save you a hell of a lot of hassle.

What make and model of pc do you have??

Cheers, check your PM's

Archived