Burley on Pressley (merged)

djf

just listening to burley on the radio just now, just seems so stupid how we bought into all the lies and excuses over the burley and then the screwing of elvis, we really blew it. i know this is nothing new but its blooy frustrating!!

Considers him higher than Mowbray apparently.

He actually said he thought Elvis was a better captain than Mowbray. Has asked Elvis if he will help out with the coaching for Scotland. Burley spoke to Strachan and Strachan all for it as well.

Considers him higher than Mowbray apparently.

IMO it would be like Wattie appointing Ally McCoist. We're in need of pretty much an entirely new defence (McManus apart) so some coaching by Elvis wouldn't be a bad thing.

Don't see why Mowbray would want to leave a job he's doing well in to work behind the scenes for Scotland.

Butcher and Pressley would be excellent choices in my opinion.

I think Pressley will one day make an excellent manager, would love to see him in charge of Hearts but there is no chance of that with the "fantasy football manager" pulling the strings.

It's sickening hearing Burley on the radio again.

It seems a long time ago he was manager at Hearts.

"Lets have a look at what you could have won"

:(

IMO it would be like Wattie appointing Ally McCoist. We're in need of pretty much an entirely new defence (McManus apart) so some coaching by Elvis wouldn't be a bad thing.

Don't see why Mowbray would want to leave a job he's doing well in to work behind the scenes for Scotland.

I dont think they were implying mowbray for scotland - it is more burley rates elvis higher as captain, mowbray was burley captain at ipswich

Csaba's Broon Shoes
"Lets have a look at what you could have won"

:(

Super , Smashing , Great , at least we have our bendy bullies

Vlad_Knows_Best

I think Pressley will one day make an excellent manager, would love to see him in charge of Hearts but there is no chance of that with the "fantasy football manager" pulling the strings.

Thats why Vlad offered him a coaching role at Hearts 3 times and he turned it down on each occassion.

Yeah, I just read the OP's post and thought that's what he meant. Don't know about him being a better captain cos I'm too young to even know of Mowbray before he became Hibs manager!

He actually said he thought Elvis was a better captain than Mowbray. Has asked Elvis if he will help out with the coaching for Scotland. Burley spoke to Strachan and Strachan all for it as well.

Yet so many on here were so quick to call Pressley everything under the sun. Sickens me the way a true Hearts legend was treated by the walking dead. :mad:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I could genuinely burst out greeting when I think about it. :mad:

It was heart-breaking listening to him on the radio.

We could have been contenders.

just listening to burley on the radio just now, just seems so stupid how we bought into all the lies and excuses over the burley and then the screwing of elvis, we really blew it. i know this is nothing new but its blooy frustrating!!

I think very few bought into all the guff about Burley and Pressley.

Worst day of recent times was when Pressley left IMO.

Very proud of Pressley if he gets a Scotland role, he deserves it. Respect to Burley. Knows a player and captain when he sees one.

Yet so many on here were so quick to call Pressley everything under the sun. Sickens me the way a true Hearts legend was treated by the walking dead. :mad:

Hear hear, or is it here here? Whatever it is I agree 100%.

Yeah, allegedly offered a prodominately coaching more than playing role at Hearts. What has happened, he has hardly kicked a ball in the last year and is now looking for a coaching role with Scotland.

Sickening, really sickening:confused:.

Yeah, allegedly offered a prodominately coaching more than playing role at Hearts. What has happened, he has hardly kicked a ball in the last year and is now looking for a coaching role with Scotland.

LOL Gambo you BELIEVE everything that comes out of Romanov Towers. :confused: He was driven out the door because he stood up to the tyrant. Still your happy with Romanov speaks volumes about you. :rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You aren't one to use rumours to back up your opinion Gambo.

Standards are slipping!

Not far from how I see it tbh. His mistake at the end of his Hearts career was thinking he was still playing as well as he used to.

However, I am pleased for him. He certainly was an inspirational captain (near the end of his Hearts career, the only real reason to play him IMO) and I suspect that as a coach he would command respect from his players. Shrewd choice from Burley IMO.

Butcher? No ta.

Billy the Jambo

IMO if Pressley was still at Tynecastle in whatever capacity be it a coach or player we would not be in the position we are in now

LOL Gambo you BELIEVE everything that comes out of Romanov Towers. :confused: He was driven out the door because he stood up to the tyrant. Still your happy with Romanov speaks volumes about you. :rolleyes:

Did you see the word 'allegedly'???? Unlike your goodself who KNOWS everything, i don't claim to know all the ins and outs.

Also one of the alleged coaching offers was allegedly made after the Riccarton incident.

Can you tell us how you KNOW he was driven out the door because he stood up to VR???

IMO if Pressley was still at Tynecastle in whatever capacity be it a coach or player we would not be in the position we are in now

I'm not sure.We miss his organising skills on the park but his best days are well over.Not sure if he would have made any difference as a coach.Brought a lot of it on himself.Still a legend though.:)

Did you see the word 'allegedly'???? Unlike your goodself who KNOWS everything, i don't claim to know all the ins and outs.

Also one of the alleged coaching offers was allegedly made after the Riccarton incident.

Can you tell us how you KNOW he was driven out the door because he stood up to VR???

Although to be fair why would Elvis want to be a puppet coach as part of a shambolic footballing set up?

Anyway, hearing Burley and his positivity again practically made me want to greet

I think all the applause from all supporters in Scotland,

And the fact Burley rates Pressley so highly suggests that we are being taught a lesson about the way things worked at Hearts when Burley was there, and who is the cause of the trouble.

We have lost out over a manager and the best captain int he SPL.

And we were conned into falling in line with the wrong side.

Other than a complete and useless moron, who the hell would want a coaching roll at that nut house. ?

Pressley should still be a Hearts player and he would be able to make Berra a far better player and he could be coaching the defence and continue to be the best Hearts captain in my lifetime (and I am 45).

Later he could get a full coaching role and eventually be groomed as the Hearts manager.

All Burley is doing is recognising Elvis's exceptional management skills and potential to be a great motivator. Like most of us already knew.

This will be for Scotlands gain and at our expense.

Gambo don't waste your time trying to knock some sense into this idiot. As you say, he must be very highly qualified as a football coach according to some of his posts and, of course, he knows all, or maybe I should have said SFA

Thats why Vlad offered him a coaching role at Hearts 3 times and he turned it down on each occassion.

To be fair to Elvis it was to get him to stop playing. Elvis still could do a great job for us as Berra is lost without somebody to talk him through games and is not ready to be captain at the moment imho.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Heard Burley talk about him. Managed many great captains, however, Pressley is the best. Makings to go on and be a top manager/coach etc. May have even suggested Scottish manager one day.

Got the impression that he put alot of Hearts success (Burley era) down to Pressley. Being honest when I listened to the interview just made me think what a huge mistake we made letting the guy go.

What's this "we"? It wasn't us that booted him out, it was the fantasy football manager. Not that he ever wants to take the responsibilty for anything.

In which case, he probably does think it was us. :wacko:

Archived