Frail in today's EN

davieholt

Guest JamboRobbo

here we go then. the first "end of season" hint.

No doubt CM will be starting with the justifications on HW today.

I know i'll be in a minority but i'd be happy to give them till the end of the season. Finding a proven manager who is allowed to leave his club in January would not be easy.

Most will disagree but the squad/management we start next season with is my final step.

There is absolutely no reason why should not be able to appoint someone now. Its bollox.

Wait until, the close season, we have a top list of canditaates etc, etc. Then come pre-season. No appointment and some puppet will be appointed. Sounds strangely familar.

Am I the only one who struggles to believe what comes out of Frails mouth?

In all honesty, I think Frail has good intentions - Its just that he sounds so far out of his depth every time he opens his mouth.

Vlad_Knows_Best
"The new manager is something that will happen, whether it's tomorrow or at the end of the season, it's going to happen"

Says it all really!!!!!!

Expect no manager then.

I'm sure he has good intentions, however, so did Valdas, so did Rix, so did McLean, so did CPR etc, etc.

Good intention are admirable, he ain't up to it and IMO is losing credibility at a rapid rate. Statement such as yesterday, that we have a squad which is capable of challenging is crazy stuff.

I don't really want a nice guy in charge of football team, I want someone who is good at their job. Alas far from convinced Frail falls into this category. Though I accept he is out his dept and the situation he find himslef is easy.

I 100% agree.

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm sure he has good intentions, however, so did Valdas, so did Rix, so did McLean, so did CPR etc, etc.

Good intention are admirable, he ain't up to it and IMO is losing credibility at a rapid rate. Statement such as yesterday, that we have a squad which is capable of challenging is crazy stuff.

I don't really want a nice guy in charge of football team, I want someone who is good at their job. Alas far from convinced Frail falls into this category. Though I accept he is out his dept and the situation he find himslef is easy.

Agree entirely.

Its not on.

End of the season ? No fecking way Jose.

Manager in NOW to evaluate and determine WHO should stay and who should go at the end of THIS season.

"End of the season" means to me that we could still be managerless in June or even July ... in the professional game they will already be in pre-season mode by then. Thus proving that VR would have learned the square root of SFA from previous pre-season feck-ups.

Clock is ticking for VR on this one.

In all honesty, I think Frail has good intentions - Its just that he sounds so far out of his depth every time he opens his mouth.

and we all know that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions . . .

Its not on.

End of the season ? No fecking way Jose.

Manager in NOW to evaluate and determine WHO should stay and who should go at the end of THIS season.

"End of the season" means to me that we could still be managerless in June or even July ... in the professional game they will already be in pre-season mode by then. Thus proving that VR would have learned the square root of SFA from previous pre-season feck-ups.

agreed.hiring a manager in june/july would be ludicrous

we need a manager now to weed out all the deadwood

then hopefully can scour for new talent during euro 2008.

am i just being a bit too unrealistic/ optimistic.

Clock is ticking for VR on this one.

I'm not too bothered if we recruit a manager now or not. Season 2007/2008 is over as far as I'm concerned, whether we make the League Cup Final or not. If we still had a realistic shot at Europe then I'd be all for getting someone experienced in now. But we don't, so let's get behind Shaggy - we all agree he has good intentions if little experience.

Ideally we appoint someone before pre-season training for next season gets under way.

Even if we don't, remember Hearts appointed Burley late in the day in the summer of 2005 - he had no problem building a squad in a relatively short time. I would rather we did it this late again to get the right man in place than appoint someone just because they are available here and now.

This season is virtually a write off anyway. I'd rather get a good manager in the summer than settling for whoever happens to be available and willing to come now.

MacDonald Jardine
I'm not too bothered if we recruit a manager now or not. Season 2007/2008 is over as far as I'm concerned, whether we make the League Cup Final or not. If we still had a realistic shot at Europe then I'd be all for getting someone experienced in now. But we don't, so let's get behind Shaggy - we all agree he has good intentions if little experience.

Ideally we appoint someone before pre-season training for next season gets under way.

Even if we don't, remember Hearts appointed Burley late in the day in the summer of 2005 - he had no problem building a squad in a relatively short time. I would rather we did it this late again to get the right man in place than appoint someone just because they are available here and now.

I've written off this season too but the worry is a new manager at the beginning of next season wouldn't be building his own squad, he'd be working with what he was given as per the last 2 years.

I don't mind waiting till the end of the season provided:

a) we quickly pull away from the sharp end of the table

B) we are TOLD what is happening

c) we DO NOT end up with another Rix

Otherwise they can go **** themselves as I'm sick of being treated like a gullible fool - this isn't swallow-anything ill-educated hibs fans they are dealing with!

here we go then. the first "end of season" hint.

No doubt CM will be starting with the justifications on HW today.

Does he not realise that our season ended about 5 months ago!

Archived