Promises, lies and just five days to go

Des' Dad

I know there have been threads on here about this already but it really is getting quite serious.

Five days to go until the transfer window closes and?nothing. Not only have we not taken the opportunity to get rid of the dead wood thereby freeing up cash to invest in new players but there?s not even a decent rumour about anyone coming in.

The first step should have been to appoint a new manager with enough time left in the window for him to bring in some players and make his mark on the team. I don?t believe for one minute that Shaggy has not suggested players he would like to add to the squad but it would seem that he has been totally ignored.

I wonder how the two guys who went over to Lithuania for an audience with the ?great one? feel now about the absolute rubbish they appear to have been told. I know that, as an ordinary fan, I am getting fed up to the back teeth with unfulfilled promises and downright lies coming from the owner of our great club. What is even more galling is that, judging by this forum, a large number of our fellow supporters are taken in by all this p**h.

I hope I?m proved wrong by close of play next Thursday but I?m concerned that even if he does dip into the market, it will be too little, too late and we will continue for the rest of this season to try to avoid finishing last in the SPL.

I know there have been threads on here about this already but it really is getting quite serious.

Five days to go until the transfer window closes and?nothing. Not only have we not taken the opportunity to get rid of the dead wood thereby freeing up cash to invest in new players but there?s not even a decent rumour about anyone coming in.

The first step should have been to appoint a new manager with enough time left in the window for him to bring in some players and make his mark on the team. I don?t believe for one minute that Shaggy has not suggested players he would like to add to the squad but it would seem that he has been totally ignored.

I wonder how the two guys who went over to Lithuania for an audience with the ?great one? feel now about the absolute rubbish they appear to have been told. I know that, as an ordinary fan, I am getting fed up to the back teeth with unfulfilled promises and downright lies coming from the owner of our great club. What is even more galling is that, judging by this forum, a large number of our fellow supporters are taken in by all this p**h.

I hope I?m proved wrong by close of play next Thursday but I?m concerned that even if he does dip into the market, it will be too little, too late and we will continue for the rest of this season to try to avoid finishing last in the SPL.

Personally I?m glad we?ve not gone out and bought a load of guff like we did 2 years ago in the January window. Jose is the ONLY one of those 12 who is still in the team or indeed was ever really established in the team. It is fine to demand action but it is the current squad who landed us in our current position and it is up to them to get us out of it. I?d far rather see a new manager come in and then change the playing personnel.

I concede however that we are still waiting upon a manager but I think we all knew that such position would not be filled quickly. I?m not putting a time limit upon such an important appointment, I just hope it is finally the correct man for the job when it comes...

Nucky Thompson
I know there have been threads on here about this already
Well why not fecking post on them:mad:

Maybe a slight understatement....

I reckon it's the same old stuff from Hearts, and if we're going to get anybody in, it'll be well under that radar until the player(s) are paraded. I don't recall anybody having a clue about Nade and Basso until they were pretty much done deals.

Maybe we'll see something on or before Thursday, maybe we won't - it's pretty much irrelevant anyway, IMO - it would need to be an Earth shattering appointment if people are expecting one or two players to get our season back on track.

We have the potential to rip most sides in the league a new ersehole, but it's not currently being realised. Performance means a whole lot more to me than personell, and if the performances are poor, an unsettled newcomer is going to choke just as badly as the guys that are already there.

Five days to go until the transfer window closes and…nothing. Not only have we not taken the opportunity to get rid of the dead wood thereby freeing up cash to invest in new players but there’s not even a decent rumour about anyone coming in.

The first step should have been to appoint a new manager with enough time left in the window for him to bring in some players and make his mark on the team. I don’t believe for one minute that Shaggy has not suggested players he would like to add to the squad but it would seem that he has been totally ignored.

I wonder how the two guys who went over to Lithuania for an audience with the “great one” feel now about the absolute rubbish they appear to have been told. I know that, as an ordinary fan, I am getting fed up to the back teeth with unfulfilled promises and downright lies coming from the owner of our great club. What is even more galling is that, judging by this forum, a large number of our fellow supporters are taken in by all this p**h.

I hope I’m proved wrong by close of play next Thursday but I’m concerned that even if he does dip into the market, it will be too little, too late and we will continue for the rest of this season to try to avoid finishing last in the SPL.

I don't know what statement you read but no-one promised us a new manager by the end of the transfer window.

As I've said on countless other threads I would rather the board took their time to appoint the right man than rush to appoint the wrong one.

If it means the transfer window closing before that time then so be it. The new manager will have to work with the cards he is dealt and rebuild the squad in the summer.

The Old Tolbooth
Well why not fecking post on them:mad:

Mate, you didnt get it last night did you?

Just a hunch likes :)

Nucky Thompson
Wrong side of the bed?
There was about 6 threads yesterday saying '6 days to go' blah blah blah. People complain when the board goes slow and continue to post duplicate threads:cool:I think everybody on here knows how long it is till midnight on 31/01/08.

For me I think the main problem is the lack of comunication with the fans. I expect to see a couple of signings announced on deadline night as always (I don't agree with this trend - we could use the reinforcements now, but it is how we opperate). I don't want the club to rush in and appoint a Rix or a Malofeev and as we will not realisticly go down or qualify for Europe I think we have time. However, keeping the fans in the dark is not acceptable. It causes us to fear the worst and expect the worst. I know a lot of people won't belive a word that comes out of the club in the meantime ( I am one of them) but i think it would show some consideration. Otherwise we are tarred with the same brush as the media.

There was about 6 threads yesterday saying '6 days to go' blah blah blah. People complain when the board goes slow and continue to post duplicate threads:cool:I think everybody on here knows how long it is till midnight on 31/01/08.

Wish we were all perfect like you. Wasn't on yesterday.

Hearts never comment on signing targets and nobody knows what is going on behind the scenes at Hearts.

Utill they do, threads like this are completely uneccesary as, for all the OP knows, we could well be trying to get people in etc.

I do agree about the lack of communication point however.

I don't know what statement you read but no-one promised us a new manager by the end of the transfer window.

Only making the point that it would have been a good idea to have a new manager in place before the window closes so that he might have an input into potential signings. Maybe that's exactly why they won't appoint one until after the window closes, or am I being cynical?

Players in and out don't concern me at this point.

ALL I want is a manager to come in ...and then let HIM decide who's good, who's guff and who might be rehabilatated (Bednar being the example there).

If it takes him till the end of May to decide on all of that then so be it.

BUT MANAGER NOW.

Players in and out don't concern me at this point.

ALL I want is a manager to come in ...and then let HIM decide who's good, who's guff and who might be rehabilatated (Bednar being the example there).

If it takes him till the end of May to decide on all of that then so be it.

BUT MANAGER NOW.

This is basically how I feel. Unlike a lot of people who post on here I still think we have enough good players and all we need is a decent manager.

Yes there's some guff players but we have probably a matchday squad of players who under the correct tutelage would do very well.

I hope we do not sign any players in this window as they will just be VR signings. Manager is the first thing we need to turn the club around. Once we get a manager then the players can hopefully follow.

Nucky Thompson
Bagsie being the one that does the 'four days to go' thread tomorrow.
We've still got the other half dozen '5 days to go' threads today first:rolleyes:

We've still got the other half dozen '5 days to go' threads today first:rolleyes:

I don't care who does those.

But i've claimed the first one for tomorrow.

Guest JamboRobbo

it's shocking eh. we should have more threads about important stuff, like how great the under 12's are and whether the pies are hot enough.

it's not like this small matter of the manager situation is affecting results or anything.

The Real Maroonblood

Originally Posted by Jam-Boo

Well why not fecking post on them.

Wrong side of the bed?

It's just that you are picking on the "Puppet Master."

As I've said on countless other threads I would rather the board took their time to appoint the right man than rush to appoint the wrong one.

If it means the transfer window closing before that time then so be it. The new manager will have to work with the cards he is dealt and rebuild the squad in the summer.

That is the problem. Many people quote phantom promises that were made by Hearts/Romanov and some of them our own fans.

It seems they are happy to let fiction get in the way of fact.

Guest JamboRobbo
That is the problem. Many people quote phantom promises that were made by Hearts/Romanov and some of them our own fans.

Aye, like believing Valdas was ill when the fact was Vlad just wanted to give Malofud a shot.

You correct, people falling for the fiction is the problem.

Like Chesney was "injured" for nearly 2 seasons though in that time he managed to play for his country and is currently one of our best players on the pitch?

Guest JamboRobbo
And saying he would come back after the break, and he did.

Well, Vlad said to my face Valdas wasn't ill, and that he'd come back if and only if Malofeev decided so.

Malofeev being utterly incompetent meant the return of Valdas.

But keep believing the lies and bs fed to the plebs to keep them happy/quiet if you like.

Well, Vlad said to my face Valdas wasn't ill, and that he'd come back if and only if Malofeev decided so.

Malofeev being utterly incompetent meant the return of Valdas.

But keep believing the lies and bs fed to the plebs to keep them happy/quiet if you like.

Malofeev was a disaster, of that there is no doubt, though he did come so close to winning at Darkheid had the players, including CG not Rsd up.

For all we know Valdas may have been ill, he certainly looked stressed out some times, and given everyone was on his back - employer (apparently) and fans, I would not be surprised if he was ill - we will bever know though.

However, no promises were made about what manager would be appointed, other than a British style manager, or experience of the British game - nor was there, or has there ever been promises about who that individual may be or when he would be appointed. The same goes for players. Most of the players we are suppose to be signing come from names quotes here, or a dodgy rumours website, where you can post almost anything.

Some people, however, take it as gospel and start accusing the club of lying about things, when the club in actual fact have said nothing (which in itself is frustrating sometimes, and yes, perhaps does not help matters).

john brownlee
For me I think the main problem is the lack of comunication with the fans. I expect to see a couple of signings announced on deadline night as always (I don't agree with this trend - we could use the reinforcements now, but it is how we opperate). I don't want the club to rush in and appoint a Rix or a Malofeev and as we will not realisticly go down or qualify for Europe I think we have time. However, keeping the fans in the dark is not acceptable. It causes us to fear the worst and expect the worst. I know a lot of people won't belive a word that comes out of the club in the meantime ( I am one of them) but i think it would show some consideration. Otherwise we are tarred with the same brush as the media.

so why would you want to be kept up to date if you dont believe.

I'll see if I can get Mr Romanov to fax you on a friday would that help

Nucky Thompson
it's shocking eh. we should have more threads about important stuff, like how great the under 12's are and whether the pies are hot enough.

it's not like this small matter of the manager situation is affecting results or anything.

It's shocking that people won't look back one page before posting duplicate threads. Yes we should have more threads about important stuff, like the team, who are playing a game today. It's the team that matters after all Robbo:rolleyes:

Have a wee word with yourself Jam-boo...whoooOOOOooooptiedooooodah, the OP posted a new thread when similar ones already existed...

Feck me, lets drag him outside and hang him from the nearest tree for being unbelievably inconsiderate...how dare he!!!!!!

does it really effin matter??? is it worth going on and on about it??? don't you think its a bit of a paradoz that you are posting on this thread...saying it shouldn't exist as its already been discussed...and it will be slowing down the site...so aint your posts contributing to that then hmmmm???

Moan moan moan...blah blah blah...when there are far more important issues to discuss regarding the club at the moment, and your getting your pink frilly knickers in a twist coz someone had the sheer audacity to put up a duplicate post!!! :eek:

Nucky Thompson
Have a wee word with yourself Jam-booWho are you, the boy from the shareholders association? your pink frilly knickers
I'm more of a pink thong man actually :5643:

gorgie rd eh11
Cant even quote me properly huh...dear oh dear

"Feck me, lets drag him outside and hang him from the nearest tree for being unbelievably inconsiderate...how dare he!!!!!!"

Archived