Youth!!!!

rudi

I find it quite alarming the we don't have one player in the Scotland U-19 squade to face Holland.

How many times have we heard from inside the club and some on here banging on about how our future is safe because of our youth academy and the players we have.

Once again led up or down ,what ever way you want, the garden path,just like the mutterings of SF and MS that we have very good players,where where is all these good or great players we have,figment of someone's imagination is it?

I find it quite alarming the we don't have one player in the Scotland U-19 squade to face Holland.

How many times have we heard from inside the club and some on here banging on about how our future is safe because of our youth academy and the players we have.

Once again led up or down ,what ever way you want, the garden path,just like the mutterings of SF and MS that we have very good players,where where is all these good or great players we have,figment of someone's imagination is it?

I think McIntyre has probably been told that you cannot pick certain players if they are not of Scottish nationality.

I think quite a lot of our players that are banging on the door are from other countries. Just because we don't have anyone in the Scotland under 19's only means that we do not have much homegrown talent at that age level. We have a fair few in the under 17's

I think McIntyre has probably been told that you cannot pick certain players if they are not of Scottish nationality.

So what happened to the "Best young talent".

Im surprised that jonny brown isnt in there but other than that the others who might be there ( glen) are injured

Toxteth O'Grady

I think the under 19's have a game against Celtic at Riccarton next Saturday

With no first team game next week it is an ideal oppertunity for people to go along and see them play.

there urny any

The signing policy obviously reflects the desires of VR

I'm sure he thinks that Scottish born players are not as good as the one's he can get

I think the under 19's have a game against Celtic at Riccarton next Saturday

With no first team game next week it is an ideal oppertunity for people to go along and see them play.

What time at ?

there urny any

The signing policy obviously reflects the desires of VR

I'm sure he thinks that Scottish born players are not as good as the one's he can get

Don?t know how you can be "sure" when he?s been quoted previously saying the exact opposite.

Since the OF and now Hibs have opened academies it will have got yet more competitive to tempt quality youngsters to the club.

Both Dundee clubs have suffered over the last 20 years as the OF both encroach heavily on their turf, and indeed both run summer coaching in Dundee. Aberdeen too suffer to an extent. They have a naturally large catchment area for youth players but the emergence of ICT and even Ross County has shrunk this and so too do the OF try to stick their oar in there - Shaun Maloney was an Aberdeen kid.

jamboinglasgow
Don?t know how you can be "sure" when he?s been quoted previously saying the exact opposite.

Since the OF and now Hibs have opened academies it will have got yet more competitive to tempt quality youngsters to the club.

Both Dundee clubs have suffered over the last 20 years as the OF both encroach heavily on their turf, and indeed both run summer coaching in Dundee. Aberdeen too suffer to an extent. They have a naturally large catchment area for youth players but the emergence of ICT and even Ross County has shrunk this and so too do the OF try to stick their oar in there - Shaun Maloney was an Aberdeen kid.

From all I am hearing it seems to be the opposite, the acadmey is actully taking players from the OF and other places as it is seen to be a good place to learn your football.

As a thread not long ago mentioned, Hearts U14, U15 and U17 are brimming full of quality players. THe real investment in the acdemy in terms of Scottish players are these guys and sadly we have to wait. Sure we will have one or two great ones coming through but the real conveyor belt is just starting to whir into action. Hearts are seen by others in Scotland as having the best set up in terms of coaches and way they bring in the youngsters, though what is needed is the final link in the chain to be finished - from youth system to senior team.

The OF are losing their posistion on the best Scottish youth as youngsters are seeing that if they go there they have little chance of getting through to the big team (Rangers improving slightly) and so if Hearts can continue to show itself as the way for youth then we can do well.

If you believe the propoganda machine, they're all plying their trade in EH7. :dribble:

Geoff Kilpatrick

International caps at U19 level or below, or even U21 level, don't matter.

Just think of that Scotland U16 team who played in the WC Final at that level. Then think of how many who actually made it in the game.

They're not Scottish. Lads like Visconte, McGowan, Rapnik, Branny, Copil etc do not qualify. Cannot explain otherwise.

Jambo_in_Madrid

It's worth noting that the U-17 squad announced 2 weeks ago contains 4 Hearts players :-

Goalkeepers

Grant Adam (Rangers), James Wood (Manchester City)

Defenders

Calum Butcher (Tottenham Hotspur), Scott Durie (Rangers), Stephen Forbes (Rangers), David McAuliffe (Motherwell), Calum McLean (Falkirk), Michael Deland (Heart of Midlothian)

Midfielders

Scott Allan (Dundee United), Haydn Cochrane (Celtic), Alex Cooper (Liverpool),

Peter Innes (Motherwell), Gordon Smith (Livingston), Cameron Stewart (Manchester United), Daniel Thomson (Heart of Midlothian), Gregg Wylde (Rangers)

Forwards

Archie Campbell (Rangers), Sean Fitzharris (Celtic), David Love (Heart of Midlothian), Michael O?Halloran (Bolton Wanderers), Robert McHugh (Motherwell), Scott Robinson (Heart of Midlothian).

Archived