The Scotsman this morning

Izzy

http://sport.scotsman.com/spl/Vladimov-Romanir-on-the-week.3714228.jp

What is the point in this p*sh!!??

Very disappointing form a so called 'quality' national newspaper!... looks like it's making in-roads to join the weegie gutter tabs!

Is there any newsprint that likes us any more?

...You would have thought so seeing as we provide them with more than our fair share of column inches!

:ahhhhhhh:

The Old Tolbooth

Jesus, I didmt realise they had 3 year old journalists working for them, how very childish and petty of that toilet roll.

If they're going to rip the guy they could at least try and make it amusing.

That's just a lot of infantile pish.

Sums the Scotman up nowadays tbh.

Hobo filth.

It's amazing that a newspaper would publish such a pathetic piece - I doubt even the daily star would waste space on it. In fact the only place really would be a Hibs Fanzine.

It is really quite a pathetic attempt at humour!!!

I've seen a lot better in school magazines - PRIMARY school magazines!!!

AND, typical of that "once worthy newspaper but now a rag" - not even factual on the simplest of detail!!!

". . . immaculately turned-out manager . . ."

Did you see the collar of his shirt at the press conference???

If that's immaculate, I'd hate to see the so-called journo's dress sense!!!

In fact the only place really would be a Hibs Fanzine.

That's exactly what the Scotsgreen is. :mad:

jambos_4_hibs_0

This has been something that has been in on the backpage of the sport section for absolutly ages now. and to be honest some weeks it is worth a giggle.

i think it sums up our glorious leader very well actually

he is a bit strange and deserves ridicule

sometimes a boot in the baws can be funny

They've been squeezing this execrable parody out on a regular basis.

It is consistently remarkable in its ability to avoid being funny, insightful or even well written over such a long period; especially given the subject matter.

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Embarrassing piece of sh*t which should be in a hibs fanzine.

Where's the article ripping Rod 'tighter than a ducks a**e' Petrie. :mad:

Can we not laugh at ourselves?

Come on, join in, everybody else is laughing at us and justifiably so.

*Yawn*

It's nothing to do with being sour-faced or stubbourn. It's just simply that it's not funny at all, if it was well written, witty or insightful then i might have a wee chuckle to myself. It's all ferking boring and petty but a newspaper that's let itself go in an alarming fashion in recent years.

It seems it's adaption from Broadsheet format was, afterall, a leaning towards a more tabloid-thinking newspaper. Shame, really.

Remember when newspapers used to report facts?

I can laugh at myself. I can laugh at the miserable excuse for management that my team endures from week to week. I often do. I very seldom laugh at semi-retarded journo "humour" like this though, even if it's aimed at the hobos. (dons tin hat) Jeremy Clarkson is often very funny in The Times car reviews, mind you.

When this feature started it was when Vlad was in full flow and I found these pieces quite funny.

Now I don't bother reading them as they stopped being funny a long time ago.

This article has been appearing in the Scotsman on a Saturday for the year and half or so.

I read it most weeks and like most regular 'humorous' articles sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This one's not great I'll admit but the wailing and gnashing of teeth by some of the contributors on this thread is embarrassing in the extreme.

It's a 50 word article that poke's fun at our somewhat erratic, contraversial and and at times silly owner, FFS.

Look's like some folks sense of humour and proportion has gone to h ell in a handcart..

loveofthegame

I've always found it quite funny. Its just a tiny paragraph on the back page of there excellent Saturday sports pullout. Its in amongst other tongue-in-cheek, funny bits and pieces.

Really nothing to get too worked up about

It was bordering on amusing when it was actually topical and VR was making his statements to the press.

It now just serves to remind how far the Scotsman has fallen.

frankfielding

Fair point on the Cumberland (bar) though. That's were Burley used to go of an evening and get totally guttered. I saw this first hand, he used to leave bouncing off the walls.

Vlad_Knows_Best

Ah! So thats where that bit of paper that went missing from the wee ones nursery ended up. In the Scotsman.

Imagine stealing a pre school childs work.

200milesfromgorgie

it is a little funny but should not be in the scotsman. they're a racist bunch of gets anyhoo. keep it for viz

I thought we'd seen the last of this crap. The author might just be eligible to apply (unsuccessfully) for a job with Lord Gnome after another 20 years experience.

I suggest he/she stick with the day job (or wait until secondary school before trying satire).

Archived