The fixture computer throws us a break!

JamboGraham

Well here we go again...in the weekly words of Mr Stephen Frail, "This is a must win game..."

Well actually we have three matches coming up that could go a long way to adding respectability to this season. It may even just move us some way along the line to a level of success.

By fortune we have some interesting fixtures coming up in the next two weekends.

Target 1 : Falkirk play both the old firm on consecutive Saturdays. They should still be on 32 points after these matches.

Target 2 : Inverness face two tough away games at Motherwell and St Mirren. Look at the home form for St Mirren, excellent so far this year. Inverness to pick up two points on the road (max!)

Target 3 : Gretna lose to both Hibs and us on consecutive Saturdays. The last of the talk of relegation and Hearts stops.

Target 4 : Hibs win their match versus Gretna but lose to Dundee United.

Target 5 : Hearts beat Aberdeen away and Gretna at home.

This sequence would mean that 4 points separate five clubs between 9th and 5th (30pts to 33pts) (Aberdeen, ICT, Falkirk, Hibs, Hearts).

Even if there were some swings on these results the fact is that 6 points from these two games would put us right in the heart of the battle for the top six. A possible downside is that we would be helped by Motherwell and Dundee United continuing to win therefore pushing a 3rd/4th place further away. However, I don?t think we deserve to get one of these spots this campaign and we should take one step at a time.

Eight days, three Hearts wins, season on,on,on?

The only thing that ended on Wednesday night at Fir Park was our Scottish Cup campaign. There is a lot of meaningful football to be played by Hearts before this season is finished. However, this really is getting to last chance saloon?fail to take at least two out of three wins in the next 8 days and we really can switch off for the season (or if we lose all three we start to get very nervous!)

It starts tomorrow; 3 points for Hearts would be huge...c'mon the Jambos!

Get down the bookies and put some money on those predictions. You could be a rich man!!!

You're right the season is not finished but it's hard on recent form to see Hearts taking 6 points from the next two games. I really really hope you're right.

I`m feckin sick of hearing "this is a must win game". The players and coach just need to keep it shtum and get on with the job.

A "must win game" is more in line witha game that judges your fate there and then.

FFS, he`s probably(Frail) puting more pressure on the players saying things like that.

Get a 4-4-2, get them motivated and get the feckin job done. Simple, gie me a job!:rolleyes:

Get down the bookies and put some money on those predictions. You could be a rich man!!!

You're right the season is not finished but it's hard on recent form to see Hearts taking 6 points from the next two games. I really really hope you're right.

Indeed, rather worrying that out of all the results the only one that I really, really struggle to believe could happen is a win for us tomorrow in Aberdeen...

Still we are football fans...if we don't have hope then what do we have left?

I`m feckin sick of hearing "this is a must win game". The players and coach just need to keep it shtum and get on with the job.

Indeed does this mean that on some weeks the team talk is...

"Don't work too hard this week lads only three points at stake here, don't need them too much though, just have fun out there!"

Stupid phrase!!!

Well here we go again...in the weekly words of Mr Stephen Frail, "This is a must win game..."

Well actually we have three matches coming up that could go a long way to adding respectability to this season. It may even just move us some way along the line to a level of success.

By fortune we have some interesting fixtures coming up in the next two weekends.

Target 1 : Falkirk play both the old firm on consecutive Saturdays. They should still be on 32 points after these matches.

Target 2 : Inverness face two tough away games at Motherwell and St Mirren. Look at the home form for St Mirren, excellent so far this year. Inverness to pick up two points on the road (max!)

Target 3 : Gretna lose to both Hibs and us on consecutive Saturdays. The last of the talk of relegation and Hearts stops.

This sequence would mean that 4 points separate five clubs between 9th and 5th (30pts to 33pts) (Aberdeen, ICT, Falkirk, Hibs, Hearts).

Even if there were some swings on these results the fact is that 6 points from these two games would put us right in the heart of the battle for the top six. A possible downside is that we would be helped by Motherwell and Dundee United continuing to win therefore pushing a 3rd/4th place further away. However, I don?t think we deserve to get one of these spots this campaign and we should take one step at a time.

The only thing that ended on Wednesday night at Fir Park was our Scottish Cup campaign. There is a lot of meaningful football to be played by Hearts before this season is finished. However, this really is getting to last chance saloon?fail to take at least two out of three wins in the next 8 days and we really can switch off for the season (or if we lose all three we start to get very nervous!)

Just goes to show how far we have fallen. I recall when levein came in back in 2000, CPR said top six was a minimum requirement. If we get top 6 this season you get the feeling some people will want an open top bus along Gorgie Road.

Indeed, rather worrying that out of all the results the only one that I really, really struggle to believe could happen is a win for us tomorrow in Aberdeen...

Still we are football fans...if we don't have hope then what do we have left?

Alcohol :booze:

Just goes to show how far we have fallen. I recall when levein came in back in 2000, CPR said top six was a minimum requirement. If we get top 6 this season you get the feeling some people will want an open top bus along Gorgie Road.

No open top bus for me Horse...just a huge sigh of relief that the history books will continue to show us part of a very elite group to do this every year since the split was introduced.

Champions league it is not, UEFA Cup it is not...but based on the shambles we have seen this season it would be something, not much, but something!

From where we are now that would probably be justified.;)

No open top bus for me Horse...just a huge sigh of relief that the history books will continue to show us part of a very elite group to do this every year since the split was introduced.

Champions league it is not, UEFA Cup it is not...but based on the shambles we have seen this season it would be something, not much, but something!

could not agree more..would be good to continue to be the only club outside OF to be ever present in the top 6. Just find it hard to take we are in the position.:(

could not agree more..would be good to continue to be the only club outside OF to be ever present in the top 6. Just find it hard to take we are in the position.:(

Back on the Prozac Horse you are becoming a very depressing poster on this site!!! ;)

Vlad_Knows_Best

Children.........This is what happens when you drink or take drugs...........you start to fantasies and imagine weird things being possible.

Guest JamboRobbo

Spot on. Less talk, more action is what is required from the management and players. 100% effort for 90 minutes would be a start.

Children.........This is what happens when you drink or take drugs...........you start to fantasies and imagine weird things being possible.

Well give me another pint of that fantasy juice...here we go!!!

It wasn't pretty but they worked hard, they chased loose balls and they got stuck in...result = win

scott herbertson
Well give me another pint of that fantasy juice...here we go!!!

It wasn't pretty but they worked hard, they chased loose balls and they got stuck in...result = win

Can you do a thread like this every week?

especially when ones a cup game :dribble::cool:

especially when ones a cup game :dribble::cool:

Bet they would put a sub committee together to see if points could be awarded for CIS victories if the old firm asked for it!

Archived