Supporting a team - do you ever wonder why you bother?

Craigieboy

I certainly do. Not so much with bad results but the fact that I spend my hard earned cash to go and watch my beloved team, particularly when there seems far too many non triers attached to the club.

chester copperpot
I certainly do. Not so much with bad results but the fact that I spend my hard earned cash to go and watch my beloved team, particularly when there seems far too many non triers attached to the club.

Not a question I've ever asked myself until this season. I dont feel like I'm supporting hearts, It doesn't feel like my club, because my club wouldn't accept the amount of shiiiite that is going on.

Or so I thought.

Nucky Thompson

Never. From the day you choose your team it's part of your life through the good times and the bad.

The Old Tolbooth
It's time they started supporting us....

HMFC pensions for everyone!

Christ, we wouldnt half be skint come 65 years old lol!!!

Supporting Hearts is like a faith, a religion, a "needs must to stop being dragged around shops on a Saturday" kinda religion.

I've sussed it, it's called blind faith! :wacko:

Ask me that question when i'm padding about the shops with her indoors at the end of June.Needing a football fix badly!

I need it.Its rank at the minute but you have to support them.

Baaaa!!

After every defeat I wonder why I bother, then after the first pint in the pub I remember that there's nothing better than being a Jambo.

Thunderstruck

Supporting a team like Hearts is an act of faith. Those without the patience or belief will soon enough turn to the dark side and follow one of the ugly sisters where similar strength of character is not a requirement.

Far too often TBH, and there have been many times when I've truly thought that I could have done better myself

I've no intention of heading off in search of glory though..............but nor do I really want to wallow in our underachievement like it's a badge of honour :(

I'm not sure WE choose the football tam we suport, or that it simply chooses US.

Once a supporter of any team, it is as if we are a member of a family, and whether we experience good times or bad, we are impenetrably bonded.

We can change our religion, job, nationality, wife, name, country of residence, nationailty etc, and many people do, but we can never, ever change the football team we support.

At least I can't.

ME i was a can i say this a hibee until i was 12 then saw the light been a jambo for 27 years. I was taken to a hibs game didn`t do anything for me, went to a hearts game, that was me thank god i married a jambo. Hearts are there and always there for us and our kids (even though our youngest wants to b a CELTIC fan (he 6 ) been like from when G G left told him to live somewhere else lol Jambos only in my house .(by the way he can come and say mum i`m gay fine son , Celtic or Rangers fan thats a no :)

Sometimes I do.

I don't regulary post on here as living in Australia for nearly twenty years I feel I no longer have the right to comment on the day to day happenings at HMFC, but I watch/ listen to the games on HW. I have been through good times and (a lot of ) bad times, but would never , never, say or think what you have said.

We are going through a bad patch this season for more reasons that have been suggested, but I feel Heart of Mid Lothian Football Club will survive and BE A STRONGER TEAM

I don't regulary post on here as living in Australia for nearly twenty years I feel I no longer have the right to comment on the day to day happenings at HMFC, but I watch/ listen to the games on HW. I have been through good times and (a lot of ) bad times, but would never , never, say or think what you have said.

We are going through a bad patch this season for more reasons that have been suggested, but I feel Heart of Mid Lothian Football Club will survive and BE A STRONGER TEAM

Thats great pal.

Nice one.

I'll always support Hearts. I'll almost certainly continue to go week in week out.

But I don't care anywhere near as much as I used to.

Nope. When you have watched your team playing first division football, you realise how lucky we are now.

I've watched them play First division football. I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than I've enjoyed the last two seasons.

Archived