Youth Cup 2000

ZacBaker

just watched the highlights on world and wondered what happened to most of them?

Jancyzk scored the first two, any clue as to what hes upto these days?

Did any of them make it, aside from craigy G?

;)

just watched the highlights on world and wondered what happened to most of them?

;)

Janny is at brechin now and is one of there better players, failed in the 1st division though

What was rest of the team?

Guest jambomickey

;)

jancyzk just stays up the road from me in mayfield and he plays for one of the lower league scottish clubs, can't remember which club though

vlad on the tyne
Janny is at brechin now and is one of there better players, failed in the 1st division though

What was rest of the team?

some name off the top of ma heid

gordon

goldie

mcillroy

davidson

janczyk

sloan

anton smith

simmons

neeson

gordon

goldie

mcillroy

davidson

janczyk

sloan

anton smith

simmons

neeson

Sloan is at Raith Rovers

Anthony Smith was a good player, always looked promising. If I am talking about the same dude, Ryan Giggs style curly mop and was also a wide player.

gordon

goldie

mcillroy

davidson

janczyk

sloan

anton smith

simmons

neeson

Gordon - We all know

Goldie - seems to have spent a year at stirling after hearts and dissapeared off the face of earth

McIllroy - released by hearts and no sign since

Davidson - seems to have spent time at stirling and a few other teams in the lower leaguesand then dissapeared

Janny- St Johnstone then brechin where he has having limited sucess

Sloan - Livvy? then raith where he has found his level

Smith - seems to have dissapeared too - although vague memories of him getting done for beating up his pregnant GF with a bar or the likes

Simmons - Released by Dunf and on trial at morecambe

Neeson - Went to cowdenbeath and seems to have dissapeared since

Elliot Smith - Journeyman lower leagues now at forfar

Charlie-Brown
Anthony Smith was a good player, always looked promising. If I am talking about the same dude, Ryan Giggs style curly mop and was also a wide player.

He was a decent youngster BH and went on to play for Airdrie under Alex MacDonald then also for Dundee Utd at tannadice - but he played almost a decade earlier than Craig Gordon's youth team - he played in the early nineties in the same youth teams as Tommy Harrison, Allan Jonston & Padraig Moran - and like those other promising youths had his progress stalled by Joe Jordans reluctance to play youngsters relying instead on ageing huddies like Ally Mauchlen & other no-marks.

Charlie-Brown
Gordon - We all know

Goldie - seems to have spent a year at stirling after hearts and dissapeared off the face of earth

McIllroy - released by hearts and no sign since

Davidson - seems to have spent time at stirling and a few other teams in the lower leaguesand then dissapeared

Janny- St Johnstone then brechin where he has having limited sucess

Sloan - Livvy? then raith where he has found his level

Smith - seems to have dissapeared too - although vague memories of him getting done for beating up his pregnant GF with a bar or the likes

Simmons - Released by Dunf and on trial at morecambe

Neeson - Went to cowdenbeath and seems to have dissapeared since

Elliot Smith - Journeyman lower leagues now at forfar

Darren Goldie's career was wrecked by an incurable injury whilst at Hearts to his lower-back or pelvic area - he tried to continue at Stirling but was forced to retire in his early 20's - a real shame cos he was a good prospect and a good captain / leader on the pitch.

Sloan was definitely at Alloa a few seasons back.

Did Goldie possiby go to America? I'm sure we had one or two ex-yougsters over there?

He was a decent youngster BH and went on to play for Airdrie under Alex MacDonald then also for Dundee Utd at tannadice - but he played almost a decade earlier than Craig Gordon's youth team - he played in the early nineties in the same youth teams as Tommy Harrison, Allan Jonston & Padraig Moran - and like those other promising youths had his progress stalled by Joe Jordans reluctance to play youngsters relying instead on ageing huddies like Ally Mauchlen & other no-marks.

You are right mate, I am getting my eras all wrong!:)

You are right mate, I am getting my eras all wrong!:)

So...could it be said...you don't know your eras from your elbow ;)

So...could it be said...you don't know your eras from your elbow ;)

Oh dear!

As unfunny as it is possible to be! :(

;)

Archived