Sweaty Socks Going Mental on Real Radio

IMA MAROON

Carl Weathers
i don't mind Butcher being Scotlands No2, he's spent a lot of his life here and i'm sure his kids were born in Scotland.

Wouldn't worry me either. I think he could be a decent asset.

I would have like Pressley as his assistant. Just to see the look on Vlads face if they ever crossed paths at Tynie.

Ersehole.

They aint going back if Butcher joins Scotland.

Are they racist?

Aye, that will be the same sweaty jocks that fly union jacks @ Ibrox and worshiped El Tel when he played for Der Hun!! :eek:

A lot of them are raging!

Threatening a half empty Hampdump

Roughie says they are racist as they never moaned when Bertie was in charge.

Carl Weathers
Aye, that will be the same sweaty jocks that fly union jacks @ Ibrox and worshiped El Tel when he played for Der Hun!! :eek:

Please don't give him the attention he craves!

;)

What do you mean? :confused:

The Old Tolbooth

I love seeing engerrlluunnd get humped at every opportunity, but would welcome Butcher, it's hardly the worst appointment GB could make!

Butcher will be a good motivator for the players. God, this must be one of the most petty, insular countries despite so many enlightened, friendly and encompassing people living here - I'm sad to say their is a healthy minority of bigots and xenophobes nad they shame us all. :(

What did Burns say (appropriate to quote the great man today I think) -

"A Man's a Man, for aw that...".

What do you mean? :confused:

They all loved terry @ Ibrox when he was there, they all sang the English National anthem whilst flying the union Jack & ST george flag....now they are wanting to disown Terry and hide behind the saltire!

hypocrites... Im Scottish thru n thru ... have friends from dan sarf! and have no problem with Terry Butcher being part of the Scotland setup!

Cardiac Rucksack
They all loved terry @ Ibrox when he was there, they all sang the English National anthem whilst flying the union Jack & ST george flag....now they are wanting to disown Terry and hide behind the saltire!

hypocrites... Im Scottish thru n thru ... have friends from dan sarf! and have no problem with Terry Butcher being part of the Scotland setup!

Just to be pedantic but its the British national anthem.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

1. He's talking about Scotland fans, not Rangers fans.

2. There's no such thing as the English National Anthem.

no problem with terry's nationality, its his record i've a problem with.

its pants.

GB should've brought is guys he had at tynecastle with him, and theyt were english if less well known. maybe thats why he went for tel.

There will be a few like that but most will be SNP voters (one Scotland many cultures).

Just to be pedantic but its the British national anthem.

What proportion of Scots, Irish and Welsh know the words? It's the British national anthem in name only.

1. He's talking about Scotland fans, not Rangers fans.

2. There's no such thing as the English National Anthem.

could have swore I have heard god save the queen when England play a game? Flower of Scotland when Scotland play...... I could be wrong tho. ;)

Cardiac Rucksack
could have swore I have heard god save the queen when England play a game? Flower of Scotland when Scotland play...... I could be wrong tho. ;)

Scotland could have God save the Queen if they wanted.

To the above poster, im pretty sure a large percentage other of Northern Irish, Welsh and Scots know the words to it.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

No, you're right. The English don't have their own anthem so they use the British one. I think Northern Ireland do the same. Doesn't mean it's theirs though.

They aint going back if Butcher joins Scotland.

Are they racist?

I don't know who the feck is phoning the clowns up but the T.A. are in no way racist.

Give it a bit of thought.

In recent years half the team has been made up of guys with English accents, half of whom had never been to Scotland.

Did you hear any abuse ?

Racist my arse ! Real Radio and the OP are at the wind up.

Most of the callers will be sellick fans who are already paranoid because of their firm belief that Burley is a card carrying Rangers supporter. The appointment of Butcher would just add to the paranoia. You can look forward to this sort of keek on a regular basis.

Personally I don't have an issue with Butcher as assistant manager. But then I didn't have a problem with Darren Jackson joining Hearts or with Stephen Pressley going to Celtic.

Some fans won't care when someone that once captained their biggest rivals joins their team. Others will never take them to heart.

:sobored:

I don't know who the feck is phoning the clowns up but the T.A. are in no way racist.

Give it a bit of thought.

In recent years half the team has been made up of guys with English accents, half of whom had never been to Scotland.

Did you hear any abuse ?

Racist my arse ! Real Radio and the OP are at the wind up.

It might well have been just a few idiots but they were not happy.

I guess you could try the tartan army boards for a better idea of what they all think.

The full version of the National Anthem is:

1. God save our gracious Queen,

Long live our noble Queen,

God save the Queen!

Send her victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to reign over us;

God save the Queen!

2. O Lord our God arise,

Scatter her enemies

And make them fall;

Confound their politics,

Frustrate their knavish tricks,

On Thee our hopes we fix,

God save us all!

3. Thy choicest gifts in store

On her be pleased to pour;

Long may she reign;

May she defend our laws,

And ever give us cause

To sing with heart and voice,

God save the Queen! 4. Not in this land alone,

But be God's mercies known,

From shore to shore!

Lord make the nations see,

That men should brothers be,

And form one family,

The wide world over.

5. From every latent foe,

From the assassins blow,

God save the Queen!

O'er her thine arm extend,

For Britain's sake defend,

Our mother, prince, and friend,

God save the Queen!

6. Lord grant that Marshal Wade

May by thy mighty aid

Victory bring.

May he sedition hush,

And like a torrent rush,

Rebellious Scots to crush.

God save the Queen!

last verse is a bit iffy imho..............

What does it matter. English, Scottish, Irish even the French - at the end of the day we're all part of the human race.

I have'nt got any time for the Germans though.

It might well have been just a few idiots but they were not happy.

I guess you could try the tartan army boards for a better idea of what they all think.

"A few idiots."

The massive majority of the T.A. don't live within 100 miles of the central (west coast) broadcasting area of that pesh station.

No doubt it was some Weeg feckwit wind up merchants.

I'm shocked that some people are so stupid and ignorant*

*That they admit to listening to Real Radio

MacDonald Jardine
What proportion of Scots, Irish and Welsh know the words? It's the British national anthem in name only.

there's a hell of a lot of folk can quote chapter and verse about how anti Scottish the never used 3rd verse is.

That would suggest great familiarity with the words.

Totally embarrassing that some people have a problem with Butcher becoming number 2 - what planet do these people live on? Butcher's always come across as a decent guy and a good coach - and if the Scotland players play with the same commitment and passion that he showed as a player I'll have no complaints.

Shows what a large number of the TA are. Total e rse holes. :)

Hope Butcher does get appointed would shut all these jacos up once and for all. ;)

I would have thought that Terry Butcher knows more about Scottish Football the George Burley to be honest. He certainly spent more of his career in Scotland than George ever did.

can i just but in , it was not roughie or ewen that made the remark about being racist , it was andy devlin , but i dont think he ment it in that way he was just meaning "why so anti english" OMI likes

God Save The Queen is a sh*te anthem. It's amateurish compared to the other nations in Europe. Queen is nowt but a nice old lady too. Ruling monarch? OAP more like.

Butcher would be a quality appointment, knows the Scottish game, good manager (though stalled at present), great player and captain of his country so knows all about international play.

Anybody saying different is just "Celtic minded" and an utter tw@t.

Is it the Terry Butcher that played for Ipswich, managed Motherwell, captained England and was born in Singapore. Him I have no problems with being George's no.2.

If it's Terry Butcher the plumber, then you've got to say no.

God Bless Scotland.

England can appoint a Scottish assistant in 1996, but 12 years later we can try the opposite and yet still have racist AND sectarian overtones.

Ya beauty.

:thumb:

Living in England I have to put up with the term sweaty socks (Jocks).

You should see their faces when I reply "slimey limeys".

As Her Majesty might say " We are not amused".

Commander Harris

I would take the OP's point a lot more seriously, and would generally sympathise with that view, if he hadn't used a racial slur in the thread title.

Yeah , why appoint a guy who has played at the highest level in England , led his country in a world cup tourney , been a decent coach/manager at Motherwell. It's plain crazy - if he's English.

Personally , I was more insulted by Barry The Crab's comments about Burley. WTF does he know about Burley ?

Yeah , why appoint a guy who has played at the highest level in England , led his country in a world cup tourney , been a decent coach/manager at Motherwell. It's plain crazy - if he's English.

Personally , I was more insulted by Barry The Crab's comments about Burley. WTF does he know about Burley ?

Has Barry approved this appointment, then?

Archived