The Gyle Hearts Shop

Guest gorgie kev

Another shock horror exclusive!! I can remember that store not taking any form of debit card for long enough.The stock was the team kits and a heap of yaad after that!!

Don't know if its been mentioned but it closes tomorrow going to be River Island while it's being renovated.

Did they ever have a customer?

They had a 6 month temporary lease.

If it did well then the lease would have been continued for another 6 months. Although it's not financially sustainable.

They are moving the hearts stuff to the local woolworths as per the deal the club have with woolies.

Was that not the Livi store?

Or is it both?

Guest gorgie kev
They had a 6 month temporary lease.

If it did well then the lease would have been continued for another 6 months. Although it's not financially sustainable.

It wouldn't have been extended.R.I had an agreement with the gyle management

to move in to the vacant lot.

ToadKiller Dog

I thought all local woolies in east of scotland and south fife were to be stocking hearts gear and tac ,thats how i read the deal with woolies.

Nucky Thompson
Did they ever have a customer?
It was quiet when it first opened, but it seemed to pick up. I was in the Gyle a couple of weeks ago and it had a steady stream of people going in and out. Now the Livi shop, that was different, every time I was at Livi I never once saw a person in it.

Guest gorgie kev
It was quiet when it first opened, but it seemed to pick up. I was in the Gyle a couple of weeks ago and it had a steady stream of people going in and out. Now the Livi shop, that was different, every time I was at Livi I never once saw a person in it.

Not even the staff:eek:

I thought all local woolies in east of scotland and south fife were to be stocking hearts gear and tac ,thats how i read the deal with woolies.

I knew about the 'Woolies' deal, I didn't know if all the other stores would be closed as a result of this deal.

The reason I asked is because I don't believe there's a 'Woolies' in the Gyle or anywhere surrounding like there is at the almondvale.

short term lease; RI were lined up a while ago.

small shop but was busy.

better than having NO shop gripers, (like the docksiders.) but given the current climate, the negativity train is is a runaway.

Theres not but the decision is no surprise

Operating a store in the gyle isnt cheap, the turnover of the store simply wont have been worth continuing with

Id not be surprised if the St James shop goes soon as well

I knew about the 'Woolies' deal, I didn't know if all the other stores would be closed as a result of this deal.

The reason I asked is because I don't believe there's a 'Woolies' in the Gyle or anywhere surrounding like there is at the almondvale.

there aint or @ least there wasnt two weeks ago.

Operating a store in the gyle isnt cheap, the turnover of the store simply wont have been worth continuing with

I'd put it down to the impending administration personally.

Guest gorgie kev

There is no way the Gyle management would let a woolies in the centre would really cheapen the place.Oh and it's a pesh shop as well.

I'd put it down to the impending administration personally.

that and the fact romanov has killed the feel good factor we had 2 years ago:rolleyes:

Nucky Thompson

This will be posted on the next administration rumour over on *****reptiles.net:rolleyes: Sergey will already have his trousers at his ankles:eek:

ToadKiller Dog

Yeah there isnt a Woolies in the gyle but four or five stores with a EH postcode ,not in edinburgh myself so do not know if they are all selling our stuff.

You the man that sets the rent then?

or are you just assuming?

You the man that sets the rent then?

or are you just assuming?

In his own little world, He is just 'the man'.

Dont know how they could have turned a profit, i got a free scarf there yesterday, which BTW is keek and will be throw on the pith wednesday night, gonna wear my traditional maroon white stripped one :)

In his own little world, He is just 'the man'.

Out of interest what is yours ( and at least 3 other members) obsession with me that you have to stalk everyone of my threads with that sort of response

I do apologise , I should have realised that prime retail space in a massive outlet centre costs peanuts :)

The "closest" Woolies will be Corstorphine. Pass it all the time but can't remember the last time I could have parked anywhere near it.

Out of interest what is yours ( and at least 3 other members) obsession with me that you have to stalk everyone of my threads with that sort of response

I do apologise , I should have realised that prime retail space in a massive outlet centre costs peanuts :)

The "closest" Woolies will be Corstorphine. Pass it all the time but can't remember the last time I could have parked anywhere near it.

You can park in the

.Toby hotel,Agenda hotel,Oak inn and Glebe Road.ALL FREE

Hope this helps you to spend your money

Guest gorgie kev
You can park in the

.Toby hotel,Agenda hotel,Oak inn and Glebe Road.ALL FREE

Hope this helps you to spend your money

Yeah can really seeing the owners of these pubs letting hundreds of Hearts fans have free parking when it comes to the new strip being launched.

Yeah can really seeing the owners of these pubs letting hundreds of Hearts fans have free parking when it comes to the new strip being launched.

Glebe road isnt a pub.By the way your signature is wrong.

Guest gorgie kev
Glebe road isnt a pub.By the way your signature is wrong.

I know its where the Broons stay number 10 in fact.Why is my signature wrong?

gyle is the 3rd most expensive retail centre in scotland to rent a unit. The centre is really designed for the big hitters in retail.

gyle is the 3rd most expensive retail centre in scotland to rent a unit. The centre is really designed for the big hitters in retail.

Cheers Statto. :)

much as i hate to agree with Prancer i'm afraid he is correct, St..J's is next to go.

I'm sure I heard someone from Hearts on Talk 107 a few weeks ago denying that any of the other shops were going to close following the closure of the Livingston store - in fact he specifically mentioned what a great success the Gyle store had been.

portobellojambo1
I know its where the Broons stay number 10 in fact.Why is my signature wrong?

The great thing about Glasgow is that if there's a nuclear attack it'll look exactly the same afterwards.

I am guessing at what Towzer is thinking but suspect he possibly thinks the following may be more accurate -

The great thing about Glasgow is that if there's a nuclear attack it'll look much better afterwards.

After work one night last week I overheard a guy(works in the Gyle Store) talking to a colleague on the phone talking about stock and saying they had 18 white tracksuits or away tops and the stock count suggested that they should have 120.

Hmmm.

Archived