Jump to content

Scottish Cup v Morton - Mon 11/3 19:45 tickets on sale 10am 22/2/24 ( updated )


martoon

Recommended Posts

John Findlay
11 hours ago, jamborich said:

Scottish cup winners go above 3rd place in Europe if the old firm get to the final it gives us a better chance of getting Europa league play of spot and of course more money let’s hope we can win it ourselves 

Hearts finish Third, and win the Scottish Cup, problem solved for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mikey1874

    22

  • ToadKiller Dog

    15

  • martoon

    13

  • Wee Mikey

    12

13 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

The draws being made before the airdrie game - bit weird. 

 

It is.

 

They've been doing that down the road in the FA Cup, too.

 

There must be a reason but I'm stumped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, martoon said:

 

It is.

 

They've been doing that down the road in the FA Cup, too.

 

There must be a reason but I'm stumped.


Doing it after all the games had been completed reeked of fairness, logic and common sense.

 

The SFA has realised that was completely out of step with its profile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, leginten said:


Doing it after all the games had been completed reeked of fairness, logic and common sense.

 

The SFA has realised that was completely out of step with its profile.

 

Aye.

 

If there's a wrong way to do it Scottish football will find it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mikey1874
15 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Morton vs. Motherwell 1-0

Aberdeen vs. Bonnyrigg 3-0

ICT vs. Hibernian 1-0

Kilmarnock vs. Cove 2-0

Partick vs. Livi 2-0

Rangers vs. Ayr 2-0

St. Mirren vs. Celtic 1-0

Airdrie vs. Hearts 0-2

 

This is good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lovecraft
1 hour ago, martoon said:

 

Aye.

 

If there's a wrong way to do it Scottish football will find it.

The draw is being done after the only teams that matter have played.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No Idle Talk
3 hours ago, cheetah said:

I'm in the get the OF pumped out as soon as possible camp. 

 

Would rather see a trophy paraded along Gorgie Road than a big Cheque.

 

Sensible man. I would hope that is how most Jambos are viewing things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

The draws being made before the airdrie game - bit weird. 

 

I agree but it's not a historical anomaly. I remember when we beat Celtic at Tynecastle in 1987, the draw for the next round had been made before that match finished. So everybody knew if we beat Celtic we would be playing Motherwell in the next round.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

The draw is being done after the only teams that matter have played.

 

 

 

A good point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

The draw is being done after the only teams that matter have played.

 

 


It’s colossally unfair. The draw being made immediately prior to our match shouldn’t in theory have a negative psychological effect on our players, but in reality it could. Airdrie won’t give a shit about the draw, because if they beat us it’s a big scalp for them and any opponent in the quarter-final is a bonus. If we knew that Parkhead or Ibrox was next up (assuming the arse cheeks get through), the players’ heads might just go down a little.

 

Another totally avoidable ****-up by the absolute goons who run the game in this country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

 

I agree but it's not a historical anomaly. I remember when we beat Celtic at Tynecastle in 1987, the draw for the next round had been made before that match finished. So everybody knew if we beat Celtic we would be playing Motherwell in the next round.

 

I remember the QF and SF draws in 1990 were made together. Something to do with a Maggie Thatcher visit i think (I may be completely misremembering).

 

Aberdeen or Hearts vs. Dundee United or Hibs.

 

Aberdeen ended up beating United at Tynecastle. We were at Dunfermline that day and there were was a brief maroon/red/tangerine skirmish on arrival back at Haymarket Station.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No Idle Talk
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

 

I remember the QF and SF draws in 1990 were made together. Something to do with a Maggie Thatcher visit i think (I may be completely misremembering).

 

Aberdeen or Hearts vs. Dundee United or Hibs.

 

Aberdeen ended up beating United at Tynecastle. We were at Dunfermline that day and there were was a brief maroon/red/tangerine skirmish on arrival back at Haymarket Station.

 

 

 

That's true. They did do double draws. I was never a fan of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mikey1874
10 minutes ago, leginten said:


It’s colossally unfair. The draw being made immediately prior to our match shouldn’t in theory have a negative psychological effect on our players, but in reality it could. Airdrie won’t give a shit about the draw, because if they beat us it’s a big scalp for them and any opponent in the quarter-final is a bonus. If we knew that Parkhead or Ibrox was next up (assuming the arse cheeks get through), the players’ heads might just go down a little.

 

Another totally avoidable ****-up by the absolute goons who run the game in this country.

 

The big boost would be Airdrie drawing Rangers or Celtic away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

 

The big boost would be Airdrie drawing Rangers or Celtic away.


For them, you mean? Huge payday and all that. Or for us?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, leginten said:


For them, you mean? Huge payday and all that. Or for us?

 

For the Airdrie players. Another boost and incentive to win the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

 

For the Airdrie players. Another boost and incentive to win the game.


Yes, I agree. A boost for them, and a downer for us. Before a ball is kicked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, leginten said:


It’s colossally unfair. The draw being made immediately prior to our match shouldn’t in theory have a negative psychological effect on our players, but in reality it could. Airdrie won’t give a shit about the draw, because if they beat us it’s a big scalp for them and any opponent in the quarter-final is a bonus. If we knew that Parkhead or Ibrox was next up (assuming the arse cheeks get through), the players’ heads might just go down a little.

 

Another totally avoidable ****-up by the absolute goons who run the game in this country.

But what about the win bonus?😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mikey1874
8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Hubs with 6 of their new players (?) starting . This could be fun

 

 

A bit of confidence about the new players too.

 

 

20240210_141117.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ToadKiller Dog
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

A bit of confidence about the new players too.

 

 

20240210_141117.jpg

Amos is that the guy they signed on loan  from Emmerdale 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vegas-voss
22 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Hubs with 6 of their new players (?) starting . This could be fun

 

I just had a look on Hibs.net they like the look of the team.How the **** can they say that the striker has never played for them he is 18 and has barely scored goals at any level 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disser Pointon
5 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Anyone got a stream?

No streams for the cup games unfortunately

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Italian Lambretta
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

A bit of confidence about the new players too.

 

 

20240210_141117.jpg

There lineup is not as good as ours

 

We have Clark Kent

They have Fish Boyle 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1971fozzy
16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I just had a look on Hibs.net they like the look of the team.How the **** can they say that the striker has never played for them he is 18 and has barely scored goals at any level 🤣


👍 amazing how a defeat at home by an arse cheek installs so much confidence. Weird bunch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

leipzig76
2 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

I'll be surprised if that works but fingers crossed

I'm pretty keen to see it working.I fancied Morton last night and I think starting 6 of their new lads against Caley is inviting more snotters on Leith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Abiola Dauda

Livi at 9/4 is good. They are bad but there is a big drop to Championship level and I think their physicality will get them through. Thistle are not very good.


morton are on a run and Motherwell are soft so not surprised by yesterday 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vegas-voss
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:


👍 amazing how a defeat at home by an arse cheek installs so much confidence. Weird bunch. 

It's mental it's a Scottish cup tie and that team has very little experience.You know these teams are usually right up for it and make it a physical game I would be sceptical of how that side would perform against ICT.Then again when you have to watch the shit they have been watching anything different must make you optimistic 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

manaliveits105

Hibs are even trying to look like Celtic now I see 

Edited by manaliveits105
Link to comment
Share on other sites

alicante jambo
5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hibs are even trying to look like Celtic now I see 

Where you watching this bud?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Where you watching this bud?

Maybe he’s on the commentary team 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Livi at 9/4 is good. They are bad but there is a big drop to Championship level and I think their physicality will get them through. Thistle are not very good.


morton are on a run and Motherwell are soft so not surprised by yesterday 

 

Mmm Airdrie beat st Johnston, morton beat Motherwell,  livi are worse than both.

Livi might win, but not sure where the confidence comes from.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ToadKiller Dog
Just now, indianajones said:

Sheep 1 up vs Rose. 

According to auld wullie ,against the run of play .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

indianajones
3 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

According to auld wullie ,against the run of play .

 

Trying to find a stream for both this and the Inverness game but Fawa seems to have died a death today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Come on Inverness.   Get into that shit. 

 

"Hibs are falling apart again" over the radio :kirklol:

Edited by HMFC01
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

 

Trying to find a stream for both this and the Inverness game but Fawa seems to have died a death today. 

Aye. manalive sounds like he has a stream - maybe direct from Tory HQ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup v Morton - Mon 11/3 19:45 tickets on sale 10am 22/2/24 ( updated )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...