• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Jim_Duncan

• Pasquale for King

• GorgieFifeLife

Malaury Martin.

Subbed off at halftime in a Scottish cup derby at Tynie then subbed off at halftime in the replay a week later. I still get raging about his performance in that replay. He must’ve bounced off John McGinn 10 times in the first half. I can remember thinking to myself how an experienced professional football player could be so weak. I can also vaguely remember him jogging over to a grounded Hibs player and helping to him to his feet . . WHILST THE GAME WAS STILL PLAYING!

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Malaury Martin.

Subbed off at halftime in a Scottish cup derby at Tynie then subbed off at halftime in the replay a week later. I still get raging about his performance in that replay. He must’ve bounced off John McGinn 10 times in the first half. I can remember thinking to myself how an experienced professional football player could be so weak. I can also vaguely remember him jogging over to a grounded Hibs player and helping to him to his feet . . WHILST THE GAME WAS STILL PLAYING!

All true, but most players bounce off that mutant 😆

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Demetri Mitchell didn't fancy it much. Boyack was another sadly unwell I think?

Allan Preston didn't offer too much heart either 

17 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Demetri Mitchell didn't fancy it much. Boyack was another sadly unwell I think?

Pretty sure Boyack done John O'Neil early on in the 5-1 derby win at Tynecastle. 

6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

After all these years we agree on something.  Perhaps my top choice of worst player I've seen in a Hearts jersey.  Perreira the most catastrophic, but Sowah the one who most looked like an amateur plucked from the crowd.  I'm usually joking with this, but I honestly think I'd have been better!

Grzelak was worse IMO. And he actually was plucked from non-league in Poland and think he headed back there too. Awful

10 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

A very underrated player. Neat and tidy, could put a foot in and played to his strengths. 

Going to back you up. Always rated McFarlane myself.

2 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Pretty sure Boyack done John O'Neil early on in the 5-1 derby win at Tynecastle. 

I liked Boyack tbh. Had a shirt with his name on the back of it back in the day. Admittedly there were much better choices to have on the shirt from that era e.g. Stamp, DeVries, Valois, Kirk, Wales etc; all quality players.

Just now, augusthearts said:

I liked Boyack tbh. Had a shirt with his name on the back of it back in the day. Admittedly there were much better choices to have on the shirt from that era e.g. Stamp, DeVries, Valois, Kirk, Wales etc; all quality players.

Levein inherited a mess first time around, something that's often forgotten. 

He built a very decent squad and enjoyed some memorable victories. 

23 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

First manager to get us into Europe 2 seasons in a row I think. 

Just now, H2 said:

yeah, pass the ball then move to a space where he's marked.

I remember him having a great game in the semi at Easter Road against Motherwell. Won everything in midfield that night. 

Just now, Tazio said:

I remember him having a great game in the semi at Easter Road against Motherwell. Won everything in midfield that night. 

I concede he did have the odd good game, we've had a few players like that, the odd great game, one in 4 good games and the rest of the time hiding.

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

Malaury Martin.

Malaury Martin is basically Antoine Griezmann if the latter smoked 40 a day and tanned a bottle of Ricard every night.

6 hours ago, Tazio said:

I thought Nelly was good for us too. He wasn't show off on Tik Tok material but he was a solid enough pro for us, just got on with it without any drama.

20 hours ago, Carter said:

Steven Boyack

Same Steven Boyack who tackled John ONeil so hard in the original 5-1 game , he hit the advertising hoardings and broke his collar bone ? Or was there another one who played for us 

11 hours ago, the posh bit said:

He did . Not sure he even played for Hibs again after that . Simmons on the other side left a bit on Paco Luna a couple of times too I think 

21 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Gary Mackay for me. Wouldn't tackle a shadow and when chips were down, was like playing with 10 men.

No heart, no bravery and no fight.

Gary Mackay, named in most namby pamby Hearts players??? Wtf 🤣

Would probably be a starter for most teams in the current league. 

A lack of genuine pace probably the only thing that stopped him going further. His heart and commitment to "play for the jersey" can hardly be questioned surely. 

ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS
11 hours ago, RS86 said:

Grzelak was worse IMO. And he actually was plucked from non-league in Poland and think he headed back there too. Awful

We signed him from a first tier club and he signed for a club that had just been relegated to the second tier when he left us.

It seems the namby pamby XI has turned into a thread for people to list players they didn’t particularly like or rate. 

16 hours ago, Gorgie Garcon said:

Bjorn Johnsen - Anyone that leaves a game at half time in tears after a 'rollocking' from hard man Ian Cathro. Probably doesn't get softer 😬

Good shout. 

Nice guy, but disappearing after a ‘fight’ with Limmy’s body double screams namby pamby. 

Barrie McKay all day long, he hides whenever the going gets tough, Vargas and Oda have both shown more guts and willingness to track back and put a challenge in during the short time they’ve been with us.

As far as the Hibs cup win wisher, naming KDB, Saka, Messi and Sterling in the same breath as McKay…Jesus!

Every single one of those players does their fair share of tracking back and tackling…ffs Sterling was literally just booked against Man City for a sliding tackle.

Mckay on the other hand, actively avoids any minuscule chance of a challenge or 50/50.

There was a really tall skinny black player who used to run about like Bambi on a skating rink . I can’t recall his name though . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

There was a really tall skinny black player who used to run about like Bambi on a skating rink . I can’t recall his name though . 

Obua? 

If so, I wouldn’t say he was anywhere near this thread.

1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

It seems the namby pamby XI has turned into a thread for people to list players they didn’t particularly like or rate. 

Indeed!

This thread should be for players who were timid and gutless…who you couldn’t rely on when the going gets tough.

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Tazio said:

First manager to get us into Europe 2 seasons in a row I think. 

For 40 years I think, good achievement nonetheless, not sure who took credit this time?

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, RS86 said:

Would he, aye?

Resized_Screenshot_20230527_223744_Firefox.thumb.jpeg.30cdf53472e34d8e9c5cd5bd19d4a8ad.jpeg

Short memories.

Arguing with a guy that the Hibs fan’s racially abused a few weeks ago 🤦🏽
Toby has a lot of problems, not heading the ball being a big one but definitely shouldn’t be on this list. 

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Craig Wighton. The veritable 'rabbit in the headlights' in front of goal. Looked petrified any time he had a chance to score.

Apart from at Hampden against Hibs in the semi final of the Scottish though eh.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Do our recovery times from injury merit a very harsh inclusion :lol:

Damned either way really, a bit mischievous but how frustrating it is waiting for players to recover

3 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Gary Mackay, named in most namby pamby Hearts players??? Wtf 🤣

Would probably be a starter for most teams in the current league. 

A lack of genuine pace probably the only thing that stopped him going further. His heart and commitment to "play for the jersey" can hardly be questioned surely. 

beyond belief.  

3 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Barrie McKay all day long, he hides whenever the going gets tough, Vargas and Oda have both shown more guts and willingness to track back and put a challenge in during the short time they’ve been with us.

As far as the Hibs cup win wisher, naming KDB, Saka, Messi and Sterling in the same breath as McKay…Jesus!

Every single one of those players does their fair share of tracking back and tackling…ffs Sterling was literally just booked against Man City for a sliding tackle.

Mckay on the other hand, actively avoids any minuscule chance of a challenge or 50/50.

100% spot on.  

14 hours ago, the posh bit said:

If Levein inherited a mess then I would love to hear how you would describe what Stendel inherited (from Levein).😂

Barry mackay......heart of a pea. That ballerinas run and limp maurice malpas style atm aswelll.......straight un the namby bin son

Craig Nelson........just looked like a high school.wimp

50 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

If Levein inherited a mess then I would love to hear how you would describe what Stendel inherited (from Levein).😂

He’s not coming back mate . Get over it 

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He’s not coming back mate . Get over it 

Well thank feck for that! What a bizarre response.😂😂😂