Hearts Namby Pamby XI

Jim_Duncan

52 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am the same mate . I just can not see what good could come from this . Refusing to offer up names 

Sadly I think my piss take is being taken seriously - but this thread is just a bit of fun, not to be taken seriously.

Surely people even with a passing semi-interest in the world of football know how mentally and physically tough it is to make it as a footballer. what is it - less than 0.5% of kids make it?

I also think being good at winning the ball off the opposition in a clean manner = soft to some. 

Ironic - given that these days, our lads only have to acquaint themselves with opposition players to be awarded yellow and red cards.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Jim_Duncan

• Pasquale for King

• GorgieFifeLife

10 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

think it was Hans Eskillson who missed a sitter, and explained afterwards it was the noise of the crowd that had unnerved him.

i wonder what he thought of the noise of Jim Jeffries post match…

Hans Hair got in the way remember his shot v hibs 

Samuel Camazzola
50 minutes ago, Black Swan said:

Neil "tippy tappy" mcfarlane

A very underrated player. Neat and tidy, could put a foot in and played to his strengths. 

In the last 5 years alone you could have some belters for this. 

GMS, Jordan Roberts, Demetri Mitchell, Jake Mulraney, Craig Wighton, Elliott Frear, all players who were absolutely pishing themselves in fear at the thought of a tackle or challenge being made. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Gary Mackay for me. Wouldn't tackle a shadow and when chips were down, was like playing with 10 men.

No heart, no bravery and no fight.

:rofl:

One of the worst takes I’ve ever read on here. Our record appearance holder had “no heart, no bravery and no fight”. 

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

:rofl:

One of the worst takes I’ve ever read on here. Our record appearance holder had “no heart, no bravery and no fight”. 

Does he mean GMS?

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Does he mean GMS?

Let’s hope so but it’s doubtful such a conclusion could even be drawn on GMS and the way it’s written suggests it’s about the Hearts legend. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Салатные палочки
11 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

think it was Hans Eskillson who missed a sitter, and explained afterwards it was the noise of the crowd that had unnerved him.

i wonder what he thought of the noise of Jim Jeffries post match…

I remember an open day at Tynecastle the week before the '96 cup final. The first team did a shooting drill and Eskillson was absolutely shite :laugh2: blazing over shots from 6 yards, headers ending up at the corner flag, sclaffing volleys. Even JJ and BB were pissing themselves. 

IIRC he wasn't actually a striker and carved out a decent career as a defender. 

GorgieFifeLife
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

This thread.  I thought I could just rubber neck this carcrash, but here I am posting.  This thread!!

Rowles! Grant! Pallardo! Barrie McKay.

It's just wild how little people comprehend football but devote so much of their energy into misunderstanding it.

Is there any other hobby or passtime like it?! Do some people get a chess set out and roll the dice to see who goes first?  Love greyhound racing but lose their shit that the bunny wins every race?

Rowles and Grant are as soft as shit in a generally weak squad.  Barrie McKay is the definition of namby pamby.  One of the biggest shitebags to wear the shirt.  

Well although I love the jkb tradition of completely missing the point of this type of thread, with people just naming shit players or ones they disliked.

What about Sean Clare and Meshino? Technically good players, no doubt, but probably too namby pamby for what we needed at the time.

14 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Rowles and Grant are as soft as shit in a generally weak squad.  Barrie McKay is the definition of namby pamby.  One of the biggest shitebags to wear the shirt.  

Ah didn't expect to see you here...

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

This thread is all about opinions. To me the step up to the Premier was too much. Seemed to always get bullied. I found him hiding a lot.

in the championship pallardo was fantastic - as dominant a midfielder as I have seen in a hearts jersey at the relative level - didn’t go charging about (he couldn’t) just strolled up to players and took the ball off them and picked up lots of second balls - great tackler great reader of the game and could play too

i don’t agree he hid in the premier league but even in the championship against hibs and rangers (particularly hibs - mcgeough mcginn Bartley) it was obvious he was struggling physically particularly lack of pace - no lack of fight or effort imo just physically couldn’t get around the pitch at that higher level / intensity 

myself and a couple of others highlighted that he might struggle in the premier league at that time (which relatively speaking he did) which was of course shouted-down by the experts’ experts with the usual lines about not understanding the game

:qqb006:

so for me pallardo definitely not in this team but I see what you are saying to a point 

barrie McKay fully deserves to be in this line up - gutless at rangers gutless at hearts - a very very good player who has had / is having a decent career - massive underachiever though 

(and if anyone disagrees it’s because they haven’t played at a sufficient level and don’t fully understand the game)

:qqb014:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 minutes ago, DD88 said:

That moroccan left back that went to hibs??

:spoton:

could field several teams from the last few years shambles

actually struna was worse - looked like a half decent player but either gutless or not trying (or both)

Bazzas right boot

Barrie Mckay apparently needs to work on getting stuck in, battling and winning 50/50's, another great take by the rabids on here.

Do these sort look at guys like Saka, Messi, Sterling KDB and a host of  other technical players and think"  nae good, doesn't run about enough,  kick folk and getting involved in 50/ 50 's with centre halfs enough".

Tragic outlook on football and a footballer.

RustyRightPeg

Ashley Smith-Brown. Walking injury. 

Annoyingly looked decent in the pre season friendly against Newcastle then vanished.

Leonard Sowah was so weak he barely had the energy to lift the ball above his head to take a throw in.  The only professional (perhaps even footballer in general) I have seen make 2 foul throws in the space of 5 minutes.

Edited by i8hibsh

26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Leonard Sowah was so weak he barely had the energy to lift the ball above his head to take a throw in.  The only professional (perhaps even footballer in general) I have seen make 2 foul throws in the space of 5 minutes.

After all these years we agree on something.  Perhaps my top choice of worst player I've seen in a Hearts jersey.  Perreira the most catastrophic, but Sowah the one who most looked like an amateur plucked from the crowd.  I'm usually joking with this, but I honestly think I'd have been better!

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

After all these years we agree on something.  Perhaps my top choice of worst player I've seen in a Hearts jersey.  Perreira the most catastrophic, but Sowah the one who most looked like an amateur plucked from the crowd.  I'm usually joking with this, but I honestly think I'd have been better!

To my surprise he went on to play for a top Polish side, but after a few games got punted back to Hamilton.  From Hamilton he went to and is still playing in the Hamburg regional league or something.

I mean ffs a German regional league, they are about 15th tier in their pyramid structure.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

To my surprise he went on to play for a top Polish side, but after a few games got punted back to Hamilton.  From Hamilton he went to and is still playing in the Hamburg regional league or something.

I mean ffs a German regional league, they are about 15th tier in their pyramid structure.

Even for him to have shown up at Hamilton when he did I found unbelievable.  Like, what did they see!?!?!  What did we???  When people bash our current setup, that period under Levein/Cathro was the absolute shits when it came to recruitment.  Even Mr Glasshalffull McHappyclapper here was crying myself to sleep!  Picked apart a decent enough squad and filled it with absolute dross, rather than build on the foundation of a decent team who were actually achieving.  Arrogance in the most extreme is what it was.

3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Gary Mackay for me. Wouldn't tackle a shadow and when chips were down, was like playing with 10 men.

The most blatant piece of trolling I’ve ever seen on this forum. Believe me, that takes some doing.

**** sake :rofl:

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

(and if anyone disagrees it’s because they haven’t played at a sufficient level and don’t fully understand the game)

:qqb014:

That'll be a FACT then 

Graham Thomson
4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You jest surely 😲😲

2 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Rowles is statistically one of the best defenders outside the old firm and he never shirks a tackle or challenge . Nothing namby pamby about him

Why the **** would you want a slightly built winger flying in to 50 50 challenges 

“ Right Barrie , you are off shooting drills this week , we need to work on your flying in to 50 50 tackles against huddies on the touch line . “ “ I really feel that is what is missing from your game . “ 

“ Right Rowles , over to pitch number two , and take this bag of wrenches with you , Coach Malofeev is waiting “

DA11E1C5-E22E-4D78-B7CE-6B6CC936ACA7.jpeg

GorgieFifeLife
26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Rowles is statistically one of the best defenders outside the old firm and he never shirks a tackle or challenge . Nothing namby pamby about him

Why the **** would you want a slightly built winger flying in to 50 50 challenges 

Even the top level most creative players need to win their battles.  Barrie McKay shits the bed when it’s time for a 50/50.  Rowles is one of the weakest defenders I’ve ever seen.  Gets ragdolled all over the shop and has the heart of a mouse.

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Even the top level most creative players need to win their battles.  Barrie McKay shits the bed when it’s time for a 50/50.  Rowles is one of the weakest defenders I’ve ever seen.  Gets ragdolled all over the shop and has the heart of a mouse.

Hibs AF

1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

🤣utterly clueless.  You don’t like an opinion so must be Hibs😏

No , just you 

Others are clearly not Hibs AF

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

No , just you 

Others are clearly not Hibs AF

You’re making a spectacle of yourself.  I think it’s fairly obvious to anyone with half a brain that I’m not Hibs.  Try harder🤫

19 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

about time someone wrote these clichés....it's what Kickback is for! :)

Any other pearls of wisdom?

perhaps glove laying related?

a sudden fear descending for some as the team bus approaches a certain service station on the M8? :)

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

about time someone wrote these clichés....it's what Kickback is for! :)

Any other pearls of wisdom?

perhaps glove laying related?

a sudden fear descending for some as the team bus approaches a certain service station on the M8? :)

I think you will find I documented a good bingo card full of them . The sort of banter that Hibs social media guys spew out …………… oh hang on

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Barrie Mckay apparently needs to work on getting stuck in, battling and winning 50/50's, another great take by the rabids on here.

Do these sort look at guys like Saka, Messi, Sterling KDB and a host of  other technical players and think"  nae good, doesn't run about enough,  kick folk and getting involved in 50/ 50 's with centre halfs enough".

Tragic outlook on football and a footballer.

That's your take on people naming wee Barrie?

Get help. That's even more tragic than your Neilson patter. 😂 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

That's your take on people naming wee Barrie?

Get help. That's even more tragic than your Neilson patter. 😂 

It’s been fun to watch his desperate attempts to paint himself as a PHM ever since he embarrassed himself with the vermin

:pleasing: