FAO Watsonians

londonjambo

Yeah sad news. He started I think the year after I left but I am sure my brother who is three years younger held him in high regard.

ArmiyaRomanova

I left a couple of years before he arrived at the school, but it's sad news nevertheless.

Made me wonder whatever happened to Lawrence 'Daddy' Denholm, who taught English there in the mid 70's. A real character, if I remember. He probably didn't last long there.

I left a couple of years before he arrived at the school, but it's sad news nevertheless.

Made me wonder whatever happened to Lawrence 'Daddy' Denholm, who taught English there in the mid 70's. A real character, if I remember. He probably didn't last long there.

He never taught me but he was in charge of the Oxbridge applications and I went with him and a few people to stay in Peterhouse, Cambridge, for a few days to see all about it. I remember him saying reading 10 books a week was the ideal, but I think he thought it was attainable.

Does anybody know the author of the obituary? It wouldn?t surprise me if it was Les Howie.

Thanks for posting this. I had heard of his untimely death before Christmas, but I don't buy the Scotsman any more.

My best Higher result was in English - entirely down to Harry Quinn. The mention of Maxim Gorky's Enemies sent a wee shiver down my spine - I was in it!

Does anybody know the author of the obituary? It wouldn?t surprise me if it was Les Howie.

The paper version simply says "Contributed"

No author credited.

GC

i never had him as a teacher, but always heard he was sound. Anyone on here leave watsons in 2003?

I left in 1984 - before you were even born!!

Sheriff Fatman
I left in 1984 - before you were even born!!

You must have been in my sisters year, she left in 84 as well.

Archived