Why...

Ryan Gosling

..are people associating getting a manager with the transfer window?

If we don't have one by February 1st, it doesn't mean we can't get one until the summer. Incidentally, I don't think we will until the summer anyway.

Romanov has always controlled the signings, so I don't see how this is different.

I was thinking that myself ... but whats the point of signing 10 pish players at midnight on the 31/01/08 ... and a new manager in April?

Everybody loves Baz

If we don't have one by February 1st, it doesn't mean we can't get one until the summer. Incidentally, I don't think we will until the summer anyway.

Romanov has always controlled the signings, so I don't see how this is different.

Because they're thick as mince.

Maybe becuase we would like to see the manager given time to turn things round and maybe, just maybe get a top 6 finish.

Romanov might control signings but the longer it goes the more dross we'll have to watch until some one comes in that knows what they are doing.

PS Romanov said he would pass transfer control over the to the new boss, probably bollox but hey you have to hope.

I think it's more to do with getting a manager in place with enough time to get his own players in before the window shuts.

Could be wrong though.

jamboinglasgow

I agree with you on this, yes it would be nice to have new players in with a new manager but if it was a case of rushing in a new manager just to make signings or taking a small bit longer and getting the ideal candidate then I would happily take the later.

It would be nice to have a manager now but I dont think it will be too long before we get a proper one installed.

Guest JamboRobbo
Maybe becuase we would like to see the manager given time to turn things round and maybe, just maybe get a top 6 finish.

Romanov might control signings but the longer it goes the more dross we'll have to watch until some one comes in that knows what they are doing.

PS Romanov said he would pass transfer control over the to the new boss, probably bollox but hey you have to hope.

indeed.

Aye but are you saying if he's in by January 31, instead of February 1, there's an increased chance? The season is dead, we won't make the top 6, a few more days won't make a difference.

Guest JamboRobbo
I agree with you on this, yes it would be nice to have new players in with a new manager but if it was a case of rushing in a new manager just to make signings or taking a small bit longer and getting the ideal candidate then I would happily take the later.

It would be nice to have a manager now but I dont think it will be too long before we get a proper one installed.

If it was genuinely a case of "we can't get a manager in time" I'd be fine with it.

Given I no longer believe a word that comes out of the club, if they tell us this is the case, I won't believe it.

Thats the position IMO.

Patrick Bateman

Romanov has said a lot of things.

He's also a pathetic and habitual liar who has done everything to undermine the integrity of this football club.

I suppose we're still hoping against hope that not everything Romanov comes out with is complete and utter bullplop and that his statement about any "new manager" having at least some say in who is targeted is true. Given this, even if someone was appointed this afternoon, it would give anyone coming in very little time to bring in any players.

Personally, I'm not sure that new players are absolutely essential at this stage - our season is effectively over anyway - but I do think it is essential to get an experienced and competent manager in as soon as possible.

If the end of the month comes and there is not a manager in place and no significant signings have been made, it will be one more nail amongst many in the coffin of Romanov's credibility.

For me, It's more to do with the fact the 'statement' was made on the 1st January, If they were serious it should not take 4 weeks to make a decision whether it be Frail till the end of the season or otherwise.

Give youth a chance. We keep hearing on kickback that we have great youngsters so lets see if those posters know what they are talking about or not.

Gets the fans on board.

Youngsters provide a bit of passion for the cause and gain invaluable first team experience.

Get a manager in who can motivate and knows his tactics.

Not fussed if that's in January or not to be fair. Apart from a couple of good transfer signings we haven't really been that great with our buys anyway.

So, it's doubtful we'll appoint one before the season is out, and then, if we don't in the summer, what the heck do we have left to cling on to?

Absolutely nothing.

Time is fast running out for Mad Vlad.

Same as most other posters here, I think most of us are all aware there is no window for the manager, but it is important that we get one in before the window closes.

If we can do that and the manager can bring in a few new faces, it bodes well for the start of next season as the new faces will have time to adapt/improve fitness and intergrate with the existing squad members.

No point allowing frail to identify and sign players for a new manager to come in and the funds we had have gone and all we have to show for it is a pile of pish!

Well, theoretically speaking, would you accept Frail in charge until the summer, if Hearts announced they had agreed a deal with, say, McGhee to take over in the summer, because he won't leave Motherwell until the end of the season?

Guest JamboRobbo
Well, theoretically speaking, would you accept Frail in charge until the summer, if Hearts announced they had agreed a deal with, say, McGhee to take over in the summer, because he won't leave Motherwell until the end of the season?

I'd be delighted with that, if McGhee and Motherwell confirmed it was true.

If Hearts just come out with some wooly "we can't get our man right now but we'll have someone in the summer", then I for one won't believe a word.

We've heard these sort of lies before too many times.

Definitely.

That, to me, would be almost ideal.

If it was announced i'd be delighted.

Your having a laugh... surely?

I would go for that too. But they would have to come and be specific..... players do it all the time ....so yeah...lets here it, if thats whats happening?

I'd be delighted with that, if McGhee and Motherwell confirmed it was true.

If Hearts just come out with some wooly "we can't get our man right now but we'll have someone in the summer", then I for one won't believe a word.

Unfortunately either would I.

It would be another case of Vlad giving us lip service or a lesser charge of opening his mouth with out thinking about it.

He must know his names dirt in UK football.

The announcement was made on Jan 1st when most people are on holiday so a period of around 10 days or so for people to apply for the job would take until the end of the second week in january.

Another week would probably be required to draw up a shortlist of applicants as His-nibs wanted to be involved.

It would probably take another week to arrange interviews if part of the process involved going to Kaunas to meet with VR, so that would take us up to the the fourth week in january (today).

I'd imagine that someone will be offered the job either next week or (probably) the start of the following week.

If that person is the right man for the job then missing out on a couple of players in january will have been worth it.

awadooningorgie2
For me, It's more to do with the fact the 'statement' was made on the 1st January, If they were serious it should not take 4 weeks to make a decision whether it be Frail till the end of the season or otherwise.

I heard Campbell Ogilvie called Vlad on Hogmany and got him to agree to whatever he wanted. VR was totally wasted on 100% proof voddie.

True story.

The announcement was made on Jan 1st when most people are on holiday so a period of around 10 days or so for people to apply for the job would take until the end of the second week in january.

Another week would probably be required to draw up a shortlist of applicants as His-nibs wanted to be involved.

It would probably take another week to arrange interviews if part of the process involved going to Kaunas to meet with VR, so that would take us up to the the fourth week in january (today).

I'd imagine that someone will be offered the job either next week or (probably) the start of the following week.

If that person is the right man for the job then missing out on a couple of players in january will have been worth it.

haha yeh thats how it works.

I don't think you are wrong but would it not be better to get a new guy in as soon as possible to start using what talent there is in the squad and try to bring some respectability?

Anybody given responsibility could be motivating what he sees as potential, giving them the chance, hopefully winning games and cutting out the abundance of dead wood we have. It would also give time to consider his own tactics and the players he needs to do it over a period of time rather than try and do it in the transfer window.

Apart from that Frail is not good enough to sell season tickets, unlikely to be good enough to spot potential players and Romanov is still a lying egotistical bullying twinkletoes little spiv.

As Fergie stated earlier this month you don't get good players in January as their clubs don't want to sell them. You therefore get average players being bought for more than their market value.

We can get the same effect that new players would have on the squad by promoting the youngsters. The only signing I would make right now is a new right back.

As Fergie stated earlier this month you don't get good players in January as their clubs don't want to sell them. You therefore get average players being bought for more than their market value.

We can get the same effect that new players would have on the squad by promoting the youngsters. The only signing I would make right now is a new right back.

Average players could improve our squad, not as much as a good manager tho.

And the thing is JR the egomaniacs apologists will claim this to be a good thing, that we are waiting to get the right man etc etc but of course when nothing happens they will then turn around in the Summer when we get some nonentity and say that it is just unlucky, that nothing was ever guaranteed and that things have changed. They make me sick just as much as the egomaniac himself. The constant excuses and u turns by his small band of followers is embarassing.

hearts @ heart

Agreed. Living in hope. Until Vlad lets a manager control team & signing we wont move forward and stop the decline.

I think a lot of Hearts supporters are looking for a sign that he recognisess where and when mistakes have been made and he is learning from them.

At the moment all we see is another missed opertunity to stop the rot.

Sad frustrating and negligance of the highest order if we miss this window to stop the decline.

Getting a new manager into a club takes longer than people seem to think - Hibs took at least a month between Collins and Mixu and I'd like to think we're aiming for a higher calibre of manager. Also I would think we'd be interested in a number of those who didn't get the Scotland job, Vlad was probably advised to wait until that appointment was made.

I agree with you in that even if we get a manager he won't have much say in signings. However, by January 31st we will know whether we are still in any cups i.e. whether our season is over with four months to go. Who knows what impact a new manager might have had on progress in the Scottish Cup for instance.

Agreed. Living in hope. Until Vlad lets a manager control team & signing we wont move forward and stop the decline.

I think a lot of Hearts supporters are looking for a sign that he recognisess where and when mistakes have been made and he is learning from them.

At the moment all we see is another missed opertunity to stop the rot.

Sad frustrating and negligance of the highest order if we miss this window to stop the decline.

Its all gone from 'BELIEVE' to 'HOPE' what is this little clown doing to us?

Getting a new manager into a club takes longer than people seem to think - Hibs took at least a month between Collins and Mixu and I'd like to think we're aiming for a higher calibre of manager. Also I would think we'd be interested in a number of those who didn't get the Scotland job, Vlad was probably advised to wait until that appointment was made.

Aye right! some of the names in the frame included Dalgleish, Souness, Jordan, all legends waiting from a call from some Russian chancer?

hearts @ heart
Its all gone from 'BELIEVE' to 'HOPE' what is this little clown doing to us?

Its sad but that is what we are being reduced to.

Alway's be a jambo but our pride has and is taking a battering.

Thank ckfu I dont have a glass jaw:rolleyes:

I suppose we're still hoping against hope that not everything Romanov comes out with is complete and utter bullplop and that his statement about any "new manager" having at least some say in who is targeted is true. Given this, even if someone was appointed this afternoon, it would give anyone coming in very little time to bring in any players.

Personally, I'm not sure that new players are absolutely essential at this stage - our season is effectively over anyway - but I do think it is essential to get an experienced and competent manager in as soon as possible.

If the end of the month comes and there is not a manager in place and no significant signings have been made, it will be one more nail amongst many in the coffin of Romanov's credibility.

I tend to agree with this. Our much maligned players have proven (occasionally) that they have what it takes (the demolitions of Rangers, Falkirk and Aberdeen earlier in the season showed that). I feel that a competent, qualified manager, given full control of selections and tactics, would make those sort of performances the norm, rather than the exception. All the same it's now 25 days since they announced they were looking for a manager. Given that there aren't that many candidates to choose from how much longer do we have to wait?

Archived