New signings now are a waste????

Tatlock

Most posters on here agree that we need new players and we have all given our opinions on what positions we need to fill.

We also argue that if we sign someone now the 'new manager' (dont laugh) might not rate them.

Why dont we do what others do and try for some quality 'loan signings' from 'british clubs' other clubs do it (see falkirk for example) and we can then offer prospective managers and others to see if they are worth a permanent offer.

Before anyone says we do this already with the Lithuanians and other vlad stable players' I know but this is what CL and JJ have both done in the past when they were with the JT's and quite successfully.

Surely this would be the answer.

tin helmet on barricade built and dunces cap at the ready.

Darth Sidious

Notice Hobbs from Liverpool is away on loan to Scunthorpe. Quality player. These youngsters don't get a chance and maybe a wee loan could convince them to stay.

Falkirk have excelled at loans recently.

Personally I would prefer a manager to be appointed before any players are brought in - even if this means us missing out on the January transfer window.

We don't need new players, we just need the youngsters brought through to provide competition to those players who aren't being pushed for their place in the team.

The good thing about giving the youth a chance is that MAYBE our fans will get back to supporting the team instead of acting like Hobo's.

I think we need a new manager so that he can assess the current players and then ask for new ones if he thinks they're required. The problem is that with only a week of the transfer window left, this just ain't going to happen. There's no point in us signing anyone without a manager in case the new man doesn't rate them.

Unless of course Romanov is still keen on meddling in team affairs. Which might mean that its a good thing we've not signed anyone in this window.

I was having a debate with a mate at work who is a rancid hun. He reckons Vlad will wait til after the Diddy Cup tie and unveil a new manager with 4 or 5 new players on the 31st. These players may have been scouted by the new boss. He also says that if Screpis isn't here by close of the window then we may not be able to make any future transfers because we're making a farce of the transfer system.

Sounds like Vlad's type of plan. Wait til the last minute then bang in a few corkers to make it seem like nowts wrong.

If we go with Frail/Romanov managing the side and no new players, then relegation is a strong possibility.

You're right. Some players are in desperate need of replacing.

I mean Robbie Neilson ffs........He's costing us goals/points left right and centre.

;)

You're right. Some players are in desperate need of replacing.

I mean Robbie Neilson ffs........He's costing us goals/points left right and centre.

;)

:movethatass:

:biggrin:

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Its very difficult to sign decent players in the January window. Most team have thier own agenda's now, be it winning a league, a cup, qualifying for Europe or avoiding relegation. Clubs are going to be very reluctant to let key players go with a lot at stake. I know it wont affect us but most players will be cup tied etc. The last time we bought a lot of players in January they achieved the square root of **** all. Obviously if you wave enough cash at clubs they will sell but again, we've been down that route before and achieved nowt.

I say get a manager in now. Let him make up his mind either way about whats at the club and move people in and out come the summer. Barring a catastrophe we're not going down this year so regretably we bite the bullet, write the season off and start again.

But we all know that wont happen.

Archived