It Gets Worse!!

basher161

alwaysthereinspirit

As bad as McCann has been since returning to Scotland do you honestly believe it can get any worse.:(

boabyarsebiscuit
As bad as McCann has been since returning to Scotland do you honestly believe it can get any worse.:(

Elliot and Zaliukas could both not be suspended? That would be worse.

True.He couldn't have been worse than Chesny,Stewart,Miko,Jonnson and Ruben on Tuesday.:eek:

I had to laugh when i read the words "sensational return"...not really very sensational now is it??

bear in mind, the same website also called Elliot 'hitman' :dribble::wacko:

Glad to see Neil McCann back. And glad to see Elliot and Zaliukas still unavailable.

Completely agree. :)

loveofthegame

McCann cannot be any more ineffectual than Miko, Audrey or Ivaskevicius are 90% of the time, and at least he'll give a ****.

Glad to see him back

One thing about his return, you can bet on him putting a better cross in in one game than Neilson or Miko have in their entire Hearts careers :)

If Frail says he's been flying in training that's good enough for me. He may not be a great manager (I don't even think he wants to be one at this time), but he's a good coach. I think i'd actually play him behind the striker in the Audrey role. The pace is gone for being a winger and we're covered in the middle of the park. Although i'd drop Stewart for his performance on Tuesday - unless he was still ill.

boabyarsebiscuit
bear in mind, the same website also called Elliot 'hitman' :dribble::wacko:

I've always said they were shocking at spelling on the official website.

One thing about his return, you can bet on him putting a better cross in in one game than Neilson or Miko have in their entire Hearts careers :)

Neilson actually put a couple of good crosses in against Hibs and at least one that I can remember @ Fir Park on Tuesday, but as usual they are forgetten about. I'll give you the Miko one though, they tend to hit the first defender en-route to the box...

I'll give you the Miko one though, they tend to hit the first defender en-route to the box...

aye, he probably learned that from his pal on the right hand side!

:P

Also delighted to see that he's coming back. It's great news that he can still play at all to be honest, I thought that might have been the end of it all for him after that last injury...well done Terry. :)

He might not be as quick as he used to be, but put him in the middle instead of out wide and he can do as efficient a job as anyone else we have at our disposal. Maybe better actually, McCann can actually place a pass....hehe. Not to mention that he has the experience we're missing desperately, AND he's likely to get a bit vocal...we definitely need some of that. Good news.

who knows? if he plays he may show some passion and that might affect the rest of the team in a good way???

Welcome back Terry, i hope you can convince our captain to be vocal for once rather than just wearing the armband, a leader on the park is what we need, Berra can learn a lot from Terry.

Seymour M Hersh
I had to laugh when i read the words "sensational return"...not really very sensational now is it??

See his first game back at killie. He had their full back on toast. My matesand myself thought we'd got the real McCann back and were really excited about it. Then the dirty bar-steward killie **** bucket scythed him down from behind and did his knee. That was it.

p.s. No foul was given let alone the straight red it deserved. Same with Bednar and the born again hun barsteward!!!!

maroonlegions

Both Calum Elliot and Marius Zaliukas are suspended for the Dons meeting, :)although goalkeeper Anthony Basso returned to training yesterday after a back problem.:eek::gloomy:

Stick him 'in the hole'. I hope he starts tomorrow.

I have been very disappointed with McCann since he returned to Hearts mainly because he has played more withdrawn - left midfield instead of left wing and very deep in the centre. If we are insisting on persisting with the 4-4-1-1 formation we could do a lot worse than playing McCann in the hole, he should at least have the intelligence to play there, even if the pace and eye for goal have gone. I don't think he is a viable option beyond this season but he could have an important part to play for the rest of this season.

200milesfromgorgie

the state of things....i'm happy to have him back.

Now neil score a hat - trick then feck off to leeds.

Guest JamboRobbo
Both Calum Elliot and Marius Zaliukas are suspended for the Dons meeting, :)although goalkeeper Anthony Basso returned to training yesterday after a back problem.:eek::gloomy:

heh heh been missing your summaries with the smilies in them! ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
I have missed watching McCann getting the ball and then run round in circles with it..........:wacko:

whilst keeping posession, and allowing other players to make runs......

although I think one or two circles at a time should be enough...even for the likes of ivaskivicius.....five circles is pushing it a bit ...... :)

loveofthegame
I have missed watching McCann getting the ball and then run round in circles with it..........:wacko:

At least he wants the ball to run around in circles with, unlike some of our wingers who hide for so much of the game that we'd be as well playing without them. Terry put in some cracking crosses in the few games he played last season and created a good few goals- much more than Miko etc have done and they've played a hell of a lot more

Vlad_Knows_Best
At least he wants the ball to run around in circles with, unlike some of our wingers who hide for so much of the game that we'd be as well playing without them. Terry put in some cracking crosses in the few games he played last season and created a good few goals- much more than Miko etc have done and they've played a hell of a lot more

Brilliant mate........pmsl

Thought I'd heard everything on here.

With any luck he will tell Stewart to GTF and take some of the free kicks and corners himself.

Hurry back kingston, have you seen the quality crosses he's been firing in at african cup.

loveofthegame
Brilliant mate........pmsl

Thought I'd heard everything on here.

It was a tongue in cheek comment!! What i was saying was that at least he wants the ball. Not notice the joke thrown in no?!

:laugh:

Heehee! Stifling your amusement in the office isn't easy, I just made a ridiculous snorty noise and had to try and pass it off as a cough. Argh.

Good point though, and one of the many reasons I'm feeling slightly better about this weekend's game. It's looking less terrifying by the minute.

loveofthegame
:laugh:

Heehee! Stifling your amusement in the office isn't easy, I just made a ridiculous snorty noise and had to try and pass it off as a cough. Argh.

Good point though, and one of the many reasons I'm feeling slightly better about this weekend's game. It's looking less terrifying by the minute.

Thank you mate im glad you at least got it!

Was just thinking. Other than Ruben and Kingston maybe Pinilla and Cesnauskis are there any Hearts players you would pay money to watch?

Just thinking about tomorrow and there is going to be a hell of a lot of players in that sqaud where I am just going to sigh.

The Mighty Thor
Welcome back Terry, i hope you can convince our captain to be vocal for once rather than just wearing the armband, a leader on the park is what we need, Barry can learn a lot from Terry.

2977.jpg

Ai, ai, ai calm down, calm down.....

Victor Meldrew
I have been very disappointed with McCann since he returned to Hearts mainly because he has played more withdrawn - left midfield instead of left wing and very deep in the centre. If we are insisting on persisting with the 4-4-1-1 formation we could do a lot worse than playing McCann in the hole, he should at least have the intelligence to play there, even if the pace and eye for goal have gone. I don't think he is a viable option beyond this season but he could have an important part to play for the rest of this season.

I totally agree with that.

Although, I do remember him doing a decentshift in a holding CM role against Celtic once.

Good luck Neily. Glad he's back. If we are playing one up front, then he can sit just in behind. Half the form of season 1998 he showed would do for me. :)

Exacatamundo m8.....................:)

Neil McCann hasn't been a fitbaw player since 1999.

The sooner we all realise it....the better!

if you're happy playing miko then thats your problem.

letsmakesomenoise

Written by the same ****** that called CLUM a "Hitman" (thought that was Lee Wallace....has a gun) and "Strike Ace"!

One of my mates was up watching the training the other day, he said Neil McCann looked a stand-out during the session. We're that short of wide options at the minute his return can't be a bad thing.

bigbryanthejambo
if you're happy playing miko then thats your problem.

When did this become a Miko Vs McCann debate?

I thought it was a thread on whether or not we would agree with our club that McCanns return is "sensational."

Just for the record. Miko, Chesny, Driver, ALL before McCann, by a country MILE!

When did this become a Miko Vs McCann debate?

I thought it was a thread on whether or not we would agree with our club that McCanns return is "sensational."

Just for the record. Miko, Chesny, Driver, ALL before McCann, by a country MILE!

It's only sensational in how quickly he has recovered from a horrific injury, which at the time looked like it would end his season completely.

bigbryanthejambo
It's only sensational in how quickly he has recovered from a horrific injury, which at the time looked like it would end his season completely.

Fair comment....but seriously....I havent seen Terry kick the ball ONCE, or make ONE run that would signify he is even HALF the player he used to be.....

Not good enough for our team now. Not even in the dire straits we find ourselves in. IMO He's Simply not good enough anymore.

Fair comment....but seriously....I havent seen Terry kick the ball ONCE, or make ONE run that would signify he is even HALF the player he used to be.....

Not good enough for our team now. Not even in the dire straits we find ourselves in. IMO He's Simply not good enough anymore.

I agree, he is definitely not good enough anymore. I think the angle the story was taking was due to the swiftness of his return rather than the impact it'll have on the team.

But we're toiling for options due to injuries so it can't be a bad thing having a wide man available.

Archived