Why I can't wait to go to Hampden...

JamboGraham

In thirty seasons (my age...nearly!) we have entered 60 domestic cup competitions...

----

We have a 3% win rate in these competitions.

We have been to a final in 8% of these entries.

We get to the semi-final in 30% of these tournaments.

----

70% of the time we are sat in the house on these occasions watching on TV or listening to the Radio. I hate that!

Over these thirty years I have had to watch Kilmarnock, Dundee United, Motherwell, St Mirren, Aberdeen, Hibs, Livingston and even Raith Rovers come away from finals with the trophy. I hated every one of these!

Just 5 times of out of 18 semi-finals have we left the ground knowing that we are coming back with a chance to take the trophy. That is not enough!

-----

This coming Wednesday we get to see our team play in a Semi-Final. We only do this 3 times in every 10 cups played for.

We have the chance to win our way through to only our sixth cup final in thirty years.

We have the chance to get 90 minutes closer to our third trophy in thirty years.

This is a huge night for Hearts. Better Hearts teams have never got near this stage. Much worse teams than our one (look at the non-old firm winners list) have gone to the final and even come away with silverware.

-----

Nights like this at Hampden are the reason that we follow football, cup history shows us that we lose many more than we win. That is why the success is all the more sweet.

See you at Hampden.

bigbryanthejambo

Top Post Mate!

I too share your enthusiasm for Wednesday night. Cannae wait! Not only the chance to hump wan o' the weedgie Ugly Sisters at Hampden....but 90mins away from another Cup Final!!!

BRING ON THE RANGERS!:dribble:

In thirty seasons (my age...nearly!) we have entered 60 domestic cup competitions...

----

----

70% of the time we are sat in the house on these occasions watching on TV or listening to the Radio. I hate that!

Over these thirty years I have had to watch Kilmarnock, Dundee United, Motherwell, St Mirren, Aberdeen, Hibs, Livingston and even Raith Rovers come away from finals with the trophy. I hated every one of these!

Just 5 times of out of 18 semi-finals have we left the ground knowing that we are coming back with a chance to take the trophy. That is not enough!

-----

This coming Wednesday we get to see our team play in a Semi-Final. We only do this 3 times in every 10 cups played for.

We have the chance to win our way through to only our sixth cup final in thirty years.

We have the chance to get 90 minutes closer to our third trophy in thirty years.

This is a huge night for Hearts. Better Hearts teams have never got near this stage. Much worse teams than our one (look at the non-old firm winners list) have gone to the final and even come away with silverware.

-----

Nights like this at Hampden are the reason that we follow football, cup history shows us that we lose many more than we win. That is why the success is all the more sweet.

See you at Hampden.

Well said !::)

The Old Tolbooth

----

----

-----

-----

See you at Hampden.

What a brilliant post JG, I'm loving it!!

----

----

-----

-----

See you at Hampden.

Step forward... Mr Pedro Lopez.

(Just kidding - I agree 100%, but understand why thousands of good Hearts supporters would rather not waste their money)

----

----

-----

-----

See you at Hampden.

Top post mate.

It was like the Celtic 2-0 cup game. A few folk I know didn't go for various reasons (We would get beat). We all thought we would be coming away with nothing.

But if there is a chance for glory. Even the slightest chance. You go and take it.

Guest Proletarian

Spot on Graham. Most Jambos have seen us win the grand total of 2 trophies.

Nowhere near good enough for the size of club we think we are!

Forget our problems people and get to Hampden, doing what we do best, making some noise.

We done the other filthy, manky, jakey, ned, sockless, toothless, flee infested shower o' despos at Parkhead, so lets complete the double and go on to win a ****ing trophy!

I won't be surprised if we beat Rangers.

After such a bad season it would only be fitting to take the CIS Cup from Leith and bring it all the way to Gorgie.

joshmorris1874

----

----

-----

-----

See you at Hampden.

See ya there! ;)

----

----

-----

-----

See you at Hampden.

See ya there!!!!!

That is the first post for ages that has got me excited about an up and coming match.

See ya there!!!!!

That is the first post for ages that has got me excited about an up and coming match.

should not need a post on KB to get you up for the semi final of a national competition!!:)

----

----

-----

-----

See you at Hampden.

Along the lines of my thread last night mate re it not being a diddy cup and given our record in winning trophies we can't be picky. If it was good enough to win for the terrible trio...it sure is good enough for Berra, Miko and Elliot!

Lombardia Jambo

----

----

-----

-----

See you at Hampden.

See ye all there !!

I'm mainly looking forward to a half day from work, getting shat-faced in the afternoon and the laugh on the way through.

The game is low on the radar (mainly because I expect us to get pumped).

I'm mainly looking forward to a half day from work, getting shat-faced in the afternoon and the laugh on the way through.

Exactly what we are gonna do! Can't wait!!

:)

loveofthegame

Top post mate, cant wait myself. Just wish more fans would go through so we could really get right behind the team.

Mind you i was at celtic in the earlier round and what a night that was despite the fact there werent that many of us! we'll go and we'll enjoy our day/night out. i wont be worrying myself or thinking about the rest of the Hearts supporters sitting at home

[/b]

should not need a post on KB to get you up for the semi final of a national competition!!:)

Correct but the negativity of KB is getting to me. Thankfully there are other boards that are happier places to be.

I wonder where you get your optimism from, JG? It must run in the family!!

PS - I think we might just win this one.

Archived