Cinema films you've walked out on

EH11_2NL

Malinga the Swinga

Walked out after 45 minutes of Showgirls. Just terrible, which considering the subject matter, was a disappointment.

Jambo_jim2001
7 hours ago, Pap said:

How can you fall asleep in the cinema? Not convinced those who say they have, have done it.

Mind numbing,soul destroying stuff that my Mrs watches,easy..might get her a season ticket for fester road,mind you I wouldn't go there or fall asleep 🤮🤮

crunchy frog

sixteen years of alcohol.

my date- who I was right into- told me her ex was one of the supporting actors. 

adambraejambo

Superman IV

Speed 2

Battlefield Earth

Miami Vice but have since watched it again on my own TV and enjoyed it . 

Also my partner said Tenet was to loud for her and said we were leaving (I went back next day with a my partners sister to watch it (it's OK JIH my partner knew about it😁

On 12/08/2022 at 18:35, frankblack said:

I fell asleep during Quiz Show.

Went to the boozer during Last of the Mohicans.

Sorry Frank, really love Last of the Mohicans. But I guess everyone sees it differently 👍

Edited by Class of 75

7 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Sorry Frank, really love Last of the Mohicans. But I guess everyone sees it differently 👍

True, to be honest one of my mates twisted my arm...

Quiz Show has no excuse though.  It was awful.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

Both films are superb 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Both films are superb 

Opinions, but I stand by mine on Quiz Show.  I tried watching Last of the Mohicans again on TV once but switched it off.

The only film I’ve ever walked out of was The Big Man. A not very good Scottish film from the early 90’s. There was a very graphic, brutal, and realistic fight scene in it. A few days before seeing it I’d been witness to a guy being beaten to a pulp in an attack in the street and it just triggered something in me. Bizarrely as I was walking up the aisle wee neds in the audience made jibes about me leaving as if it somehow made me less of a man to not enjoy extreme violence. 
This was in Glasgow. 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Opinions, but I stand by mine on Quiz Show.  I tried watching Last of the Mohicans again on TV once but switched it off.

Yeah thats true. It is odd though that people can watch the same films and have completely different opinions about it ?

4 hours ago, frankblack said:

True, to be honest one of my mates twisted my arm...

Quiz Show has no excuse though.  It was awful.

Agree with you there my friend 👍

3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Both films are superb 

The music score for Last of the Mohicans is fantastic. Great direction also from Michael Mann. Also loved his film, Heat.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

The music score for Last of the Mohicans is fantastic. Great direction also from Michael Mann. Also loved his film, Heat.

Oh so it is.  Its a great film proving how versatile DDL is.  " I will come back for you" he shouts to Madeline Stowe and you believe it. Mann also did the incredible " Manhunter" 

12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh so it is.  Its a great film proving how versatile DDL is.  " I will come back for you" he shouts to Madeline Stowe and you believe it. Mann also did the incredible " Manhunter" 

He does indeed. He is a great director and as you say very versatile. Manhunter is another great film.

Just now, Class of 75 said:

He does indeed. He is a great director and as you say DDL is very versatile. Manhunter is another great film.

I P Knightley
On 13/08/2022 at 16:44, Pap said:

How can you fall asleep in the cinema? Not convinced those who say they have, have done it.

I slept through a large chunk of The Doors (with Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison). The main reason probably being the amount of alcohol I'd consumed ahead of getting to the cinema. I'm sure if it was a more gripping film, I'd have stayed awake - and I like the music, that's not the excuse.

N Lincs Jambo
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I slept through a large chunk of The Doors (with Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison). The main reason probably being the amount of alcohol I'd consumed ahead of getting to the cinema. I'm sure if it was a more gripping film, I'd have stayed awake - and I like the music, that's not the excuse.

Deffo the alcohol 😂 

Anchorman 2.  I liked Anchorman, I thought this would be a slam dunk.

Absolutely ****ing diabolical film.

JudyJudyJudy

I should have waked out of “ heredity “ it was awful . My pal felt the same but didn’t want to suggest leaving .

Harry Potter
On 12/08/2022 at 21:17, N Lincs Jambo said:

Twice, parents took me to see Sound of Music at the Astoria In Corstorphine in the 60s. I started complaining that I didn’t feel well and wanted to go home. My mother was fuming as she really wanted to see that film but I got taken home before I kicked off in the cinema.

Next morning she noticed a load of spots on my face. Can’t remember which but I either had measles or mumps.

The other time was in the 80s. A group of us went to see an apparently avant garde film in the Film Festival at the arty cinema on Lothian Road. It was Querelle by Fassbinder. About half way through a collective decision was made to **** off to the pub!

The Astoria, my choice of cinema when i was wee, saturday shows were great, im sure the sound of music was one of them with mum and dad, battle of britain comes to mind as well.

Oh and ive never walked out of a cinema.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

The Astoria, my choice of cinema when i was wee, saturday shows were great, im sure the sound of music was one of them with mum and dad, battle of britain comes to mind as well.

Even when they turned the lights off ?

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Zico said:

I should’ve walked out of Mother. Absolutely shite pseudo-art wank (and I like my fair share of art wank films). 

Yes i mentioned that earlier. It was awful. Pretentious pile of shite 

The White Cockade

Not a film but tried watching the American version of The Office and it’s absolute drivel 

Totally unwatchable

A Boy Named Crow
On 14/08/2022 at 01:44, Pap said:

I managed it during Kingdom of Heaven, mid-00s snore-fest.

Admittedly I was recovering from a few too many the day before,  and the film definitely wasn't my choice, but I was out cold!

Weakened Offender
11 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Not a film but tried watching the American version of The Office and it’s absolute drivel 

Totally unwatchable

After Series 1, which granted was rubbish, it is hilarious. 

Francis Albert
19 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

You certainly couldn't have fallen asleep at the Saturday morning kids screenings!

Saw a Hard Days Night there with some boys from school and we ran back to Clerry over the hill imitating the fab four's many runs and chases.

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

You certainly couldn't have fallen asleep at the Saturday morning kids screenings!

Saw a Hard Days Night there with some boys from school and we ran back to Clerry over the hill imitating the fab four's many runs and chases.

😃, brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The movie that started it all for me. Remember going to see it in The Playhouse and as soon as it started the place erupted,girls standing on seats screaming their heads off. As an 12 year old I thought that'll do for me and the rest is history....😁😁

JudyJudyJudy

Not a film but walked out of “Gigi”musical which  had beryl Reid in it . It was dire . Ditto “ 7 Brides for 7 brothers” 

The Wall Street Journal are reporting that the Cineworld Group are preparing to file for bankruptcy.

Are there many in Edinburgh?

JudyJudyJudy
On 16/08/2022 at 13:34, Dick Dastardly said:

I've never managed to watch Silence of the Lambs all the way through without falling asleep.  

Sacrilege ! Its probably more favourite film 

Dick Dastardly
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sacrilege ! Its probably more favourite film 

I've watched it all but in installments.  Its a brilliant film but it just sends me to sleep,  every time. I don't know if its the music or  Fosters sultry tones or something else.  

On 16/08/2022 at 09:46, Weakened Offender said:

After Series 1, which granted was rubbish, it is hilarious. 

Completely agree, some of the funniest tv around, Steve carrell is excellent 

rudi must stay
On 14/08/2022 at 15:49, indianajones said:

Only God Forgives might be one of the worst films ive ever watched. 

My friend says the same I love it infact I love it more than Drive and that's saying something 

5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Wall Street Journal are reporting that the Cineworld Group are preparing to file for bankruptcy.

Are there many in Edinburgh?

Fountain Park but not sure anywhere else.

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Completely agree, some of the funniest tv around, Steve carrell is excellent 

He is brilliant. It's not so great but still very good when he quits. 

11 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

He is brilliant. It's not so great but still very good when he quits. 

Yeah ur right, some classic moments when he’s in it tho