Cinema films you've walked out on

EH11_2NL

Falling Down

Prince of Tides

The Fisher King

So awful that I couldn't sit through until the end. Might get pelters for Falling Down as it seems to have achieved some cult status but quite frankly it was 💩. Prince of Tides. Sorry but Nick Nolte is a dreadful actor. The Fisher King was NOT Robin Williams finest moment either. Only posting this as we watched The Clearing last night with Helen Mirren, Willem Dafoe and Robert Redford. Great cast but utterly pointless plot, bombscare script and wooden acting. Avoid!

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I think I'll watch it, if your opinion on the others, is anything to go by.

Best of luck. Painful stuff.

None. I dont do walking away......

Sat for the entire of Vampire in Brooklyn which was utter tripe.

And as for Falling Down? Can I presume there's another film with that name. Great film!

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

Falling Down

Prince of Tides

The Fisher King

So awful that I couldn't sit through until the end. Might get pelters for Falling Down as it seems to have achieved some cult status but quite frankly it was 💩. Prince of Tides. Sorry but Nick Nolte is a dreadful actor. The Fisher King was NOT Robin Williams finest moment either. Only posting this as we watched The Clearing last night with Helen Mirren, Willem Dafoe and Robert Redford. Great cast but utterly pointless plot, bombscare script and wooden acting. Avoid!

What was wrong with “ the prince of tides “? I thought it was ok ,not outstanding . “ The fisher king “ is brilliant ! Haven’t actually walked out of any film but felt close to it with “ mother” it was awful . Also saw a marvel film couple years back . I can’t even remember the name but it seemed yo drag on eternally 

99F8C1BB-35AC-426C-B424-29F1A9AF14A9.gif

I have not walked out on a film that I have been to on my own.

Used to go with my daughter when she was young and the only film she was wanting to leave early was the Flintstones.

Got out pronto in case she changed her mind.

Dennis Reynolds

Never done it myself but my wife and I were the only ones left at the end of Hardcore Henry. She only never left because I didn't. It was a terrible film.

JudyJudyJudy

Actually have walked out a film one time. I took my wee nephew to see a animation film. I cant recall the name of it and . It was about a squirrel who became a cop in  a big town. Think it was  a pixer film. Anyway a wee bit through it the wee said he had a sore stomach and wanted to leave.  Think he didn't like the film and made that excuse.  I was raging as I was enjoying it.  It was quite funny :)  Obviously never showed my rage and about 10 minutes later he's scoffing a Mcflurry . So much for the sore stomach . 😮 

N Lincs Jambo

Twice, parents took me to see Sound of Music at the Astoria In Corstorphine in the 60s. I started complaining that I didn’t feel well and wanted to go home. My mother was fuming as she really wanted to see that film but I got taken home before I kicked off in the cinema.

Next morning she noticed a load of spots on my face. Can’t remember which but I either had measles or mumps.

The other time was in the 80s. A group of us went to see an apparently avant garde film in the Film Festival at the arty cinema on Lothian Road. It was Querelle by Fassbinder. About half way through a collective decision was made to **** off to the pub!

Carl Fredrickson
8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Actually have walked out a film one time. I took my wee nephew to see a animation film. I cant recall the name of it and . It was about a squirrel who became a cop in  a big town. Think it was  a pixer film. Anyway a wee bit through it the wee said he had a sore stomach and wanted to leave.  Think he didn't like the film and made that excuse.  I was raging as I was enjoying it.  It was quite funny :)  Obviously never showed my rage and about 10 minutes later he's scoffing a Mcflurry . So much for the sore stomach . 😮 

Zootopia? Very clever film that my kids love. 

I have never walked out of a film - have often been the last in a screening. 

Closest I came was quite recent and IIRC it was called Men. Decent film upto a point but the last 20-30 minutes made me question why I was still in my seat. 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Zootopia? Very clever film that my kids love. 

I have never walked out of a film - have often been the last in a screening. 

Closest I came was quite recent and IIRC it was called Men. Decent film upto a point but the last 20-30 minutes made me question why I was still in my seat. 

Ive checked that online and YES it is that film.  It was really funny .  I was in stitches but wee one didnt like it i think.

😮

Greedy Jambo

I'm not sure why people pay money to go see films they don't know about, i'm also not sure why they walk out of them after paying money to see them. 

Auld Reekin'

The Stud, "starring" Joan Collins. My mates and I only went hoping to see some filth*, or at least some decent (indecent?) shots of naked female anatomy, only to be sorely and bitterly disappointed. We headed pubwards after around 20 minutes.  🍻

(*It was rated 'X', without any justification at all.)

The Soloist. It's about a tramp playing the violin or some pish. There was nowt else on so just went for that. Absolute ****ing dug shite doesn't do it justice. Walked out after an hour.

Bolt. Kids film about a dug that thinks he's got super powers, likewise above nowt else was on. Dug shite.

maroondevo52

Pushing Tin 

The film is loosely based around the real world New York TRACON radar facility. The film was a box office failure and received mixed reviews.

Lot of tosh.

The new matrix film, me and the Mrs lasted 20-25mins then left. I thought the original Matrix was no bad and I tried to watch them all prior to seeing the new film but the matrix is just shite. 

Went to see The Gentleman here in NC and there was a steady stream of offended Americans exiting early due to the excessive use of the c word. V amusing.

Never walked out but only because the people/person I was with seemed to be enjoying them:

Se7en, Brad Pitt. Lass I took really fancied him so I thought more chance of a bit of slap n tickle afterwards if I stayed and let Brad do the warming up for me .. NEVER do this...

KIDZ. Utterly disgusting and total crap. We both thought the other was enjoying it. We were both wrong. 

2 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Never walked out but only because the people/person I was with seemed to be enjoying them:

Se7en, Brad Pitt. Lass I took really fancied him so I thought more chance of a bit of slap n tickle afterwards if I stayed and let Brad do the warming up for me .. NEVER do this...

KIDZ. Utterly disgusting and total crap. We both thought the other was enjoying it. We were both wrong. 

You mean Kids? By Larry Clark.

Its an excellent film. Albeit not a film that i'd appreciate in the cinema either. Or in 3D.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Chicago 

Absolutely terrible. I think it was 6 of us went to see it. About an hour in 2 of us got up and walked out. 

I didn't see it cinema because we had already walked out of the Broadway show at the first interval. The tag line "All that jazz" should have been done under the Trade Description Act'" and I hate the Bob Fosse choreography style with all those cliched arm and body movements.

JudyJudyJudy
10 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Highlander 2 and Peggy Sue Got Married

Peggy sue got married is a brilliant film. A great twist on time travelling and quite moving. Especially when she sees her old gran and grandad again who had died years before.  Kathleen Turner was superb in it and Nicolas Cage was too. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I didn't see it cinema because we had already walked out of the Broadway show at the first interval. The tag line "All that jazz" should have been done under the Trade Description Act'" and I hate the Bob Fosse choreography style with all those cliched arm and body movements.

I thought it was a lost opportunity as the musical is very good. Although I really liked Rennee Zellweger in it. Shes an outstanding actress in particular comedy. She reminds me a lot in style of Ginger Rogers who funnily enough played the part of Roxie Hart in the 1942 " Roxie Hart" which later became the musical " Chicago".  Great comic timing.

dobmisterdobster

Walked out of IT towards the end because I had somewhere to be. I actually like that film tho.

Worst movie I ever saw in the cinema has to be Mama Mia.

20 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The Hobbit. After about five minutes my wife and I looked at each other and silently agreed on a quick escape.

Funny, because the closest I've probably came was a Lord of the Rings movie. Tbf I was quite young and probably influenced by my Mum, but was a lot of shite. The 1st one it was I'm sure. Dunno what we expected, but slow as **** and hadn't been to a movie which had an interval before.

Sorry OP, but Falling Down is a cracking movie, albeit I only watched it a year or 2 ago for the first time.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Funny, because the closest I've probably came was a Lord of the Rings movie. Tbf I was quite young and probably influenced by my Mum, but was a lot of shite. The 1st one it was I'm sure. Dunno what we expected, but slow as **** and hadn't been to a movie which had an interval before.

Sorry OP, but Falling Down is a cracking movie, albeit I only watched it a year or 2 ago for the first time.

There was no interval when I saw the Lord of the Rings films, possibly at Fountain Park.

4 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Walked out of IT towards the end because I had somewhere to be. I actually like that film tho.

Worst movie I ever saw in the cinema has to be Mama Mia.

Surely you knew what you were getting before you bought the ticket(s).

4 hours ago, Pap said:

How can you fall asleep in the cinema? Not convinced those who say they have, have done it.

I did.

Combination of extremely boring film and being hung over with Quiz Show.

Carl Fredrickson
5 hours ago, Pap said:

How can you fall asleep in the cinema? Not convinced those who say they have, have done it.

Trust me, it happens to me more often than I like. Full time job, parent and a carer for parent. Go to the cinema and a nice big comfy recliner is too much to resist.

Chain Reaction  absolutely dire Keanu Reeves (yes, I should have known) sci-fi rubbish

To Woo Fong, Thanks For Everything! Julie Newmar  absolutely dire American attempt to copy the superb Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.