Olivia Newton-John

chubby1973

John Findlay

Remember queuing up for about a hour and a half outside the Ritz, Rodney Street to see Grease in 1978.

RIP Olivia Newton John. You were a good singer. I think I first saw on the Cliff Richard show on the BBC around 1972ish.

rip olivia

saw grease at the cinema when it was released. got to know all the songs as my sister had the record. years later thrash band xentrix played summer nights at the edinburgh venue and everyone seemed to know the words:drummer:

11 hours ago, tedarmy said:

rip olivia

saw grease at the cinema when it was released. got to know all the songs as my sister had the record. years later thrash band xentrix played summer nights at the edinburgh venue and everyone seemed to know the words:drummer:

One of those iconic songs. Even if you haven’t seen the film, you know the song.

Konrad von Carstein

There's a couple of Grease songs that when they come on the radio in the car that I can sing along to, word for word.

:embarassed:

Mrs KvC's face is always a picture at that point.

:lol:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

There's a couple of Grease songs that when they come on the radio in the car that I can sing along to, word for word.

:embarassed:

Mrs KvC's face is always a picture at that point.

:lol:

Just a couple?

I'll admit to freestyling for "We Go Together" but the rest of it, yes - including "Hopelessly Devoted to You", gets a full Knightley blast any time.

Konrad von Carstein
23 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Just a couple?

I'll admit to freestyling for "We Go Together" but the rest of it, yes - including "Hopelessly Devoted to You", gets a full Knightley blast any time.

Wasn't wanting to lose the little credibility I have by listing them all :(

Hopelessly Devoted

Stranded at the Drive In

Tell me more 

etc

I'll just delete my account now :(

Not at all embarrassed to say that I don't know how many times I saw that movie during the holidays when it came out. :)

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

I P Knightley
35 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Wasn't wanting to lose the little credibility I have by listing them all :(

Hopelessly Devoted

Stranded at the Drive In

Tell me more 

etc

I'll just delete my account now :(

Not at all embarrassed to say that I don't know how many times I saw that movie during the holidays when it came out. :)

My sons' school did it as their year end production a few years ago. Most parents go to one performance out of three; I went to all 3.

OK, Knightley Minor was one of the minor T-Birds so I had good cause to go more than once (and the school productions are always top notch) but there was probably no excuse for going on the final night with my hair dyed black, gelled back and with a T-Bird logo on the back of my leather jacket.

It was worth every second of it when I saw KM stick his head round the stage curtain before the show and saying, "Aww, Fer Fox Ache!!"

I P Knightley
56 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Is it my drink addled memory, but was the press not always trying to make out her and Cliff to be the ideal couple.

Sounds familiar, before they moved him on to Sue Barker.

Apart from the obvious, I'm sure they'd have been a lovely couple.

26 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Sounds familiar, before they moved him on to Sue Barker.

Apart from the obvious, I'm sure they'd have been a lovely couple.

Was she not a bit holy holy?

Be careful now, IP:lol: