Favourite Hearts goal. Game you were at. Game you weren't at.

No Idle Talk

No Idle Talk

What is your favourite Hearts goal at a game you attended? And your favourite Hearts goal at a game you didn't attend?

My favourite goal at a game I was at, was John Colquhoun at Pittodrie in 1986. That was the day I first truly believed Hearts were going to win the league. What a feeling.

Favourite Hearts goal at a game I didn't attend? Strange choice but I am going to say Ryan Edwards in the 2019 Scottish Cup Final. When that ball hit the net I saw some serious limbs going on in the Hearts end. The end result was sad but in that moment it really seemed like Hearts were going to do it.

Game I attended - Unstoppable Robbo free kick into the beach end (away end as it was then) at Pittodrie. Sure it was a cup replay, certainly at night. It wasn’t televised so only about 2000 Hearts fans saw it.

Game I didn’t attend. Missed the Hibs semi due to Covid. Both goals were fantastic but Ellis for the controlled power way he hit it like a bullet shades it for me.

jamtartan74

Game attended has to be Kingsley free kick just because of the importance of it, but what a strike it was anyway and well worked. 

game I didn’t attend then big Alim Oztürk has to be the one I think, an absolute peach of a strike and made a near defeat seem like a win 😂amazing. 

Games I was at.

Beattie's penalty v Celtic was a special moment.

Quitongo's goal v Celtic always brings a smile. We were absolutely pummelled that game and to draw like that was pretty funny. 😂

Hearts games I wasn't at.

Ferguson free kick v Bayern and Kingsley v the vermin are two of the best.

17 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Game attended has to be Kingsley free kick just because of the importance of it, but what a strike it was anyway and well worked. 

game I didn’t attend then big Alim Oztürk has to be the one I think, an absolute peach of a strike and made a near defeat seem like a win 😂amazing. 

You beat me to it. Same here. That Kingsley free kick was extra-special, especially when viewed from the camera behind. I can't remember why I missed that Oztürk derby match but wish that I hadn't!!! Goals like that are a rare thing to witness.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Robbo’s 2nd against #!bs in what I think was his first derby. Still irks me there’s no footage. I was in the school end. Scenes.

Best goal that I wasn’t there to witness?

Tough call. I did like Ellis in the semi. But I’ve been drinking so probably change my mind tomorrow.

Game I did attend was a willie Hamilton wonder goal against Q o S at Tynie.

Game I didn't attend was Ellis Simms semi final goal against Hibs.  That's saying something as McGowans goal against Hibs was my favourite ever Hearts goal but I have to give it to Simms on quality.

43 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Robbo’s 2nd against #!bs in what I think was his first derby. Still irks me there’s no footage. I was in the school end. Scenes.

Tough call. I did like Ellis in the semi. But I’ve been drinking so probably change my mind tomorrow.

Feel free to change your mind. 😁 After all, It's totally subjective. There are heaps of goals worthy of consideration and it all depends on cicumstances. Some less than special match-winners will be remembered above 'wonder strikes'. 

I've already concurred with @jamtartan74but, for a goal not witnessed live, for me Sow's winner on the opening Championship match v The Rangers is cemented in my memory for good reason. Hence, it's a bit of a 'trick' question set by @No Idle Talk.

For a witnessed live example, Billy King's goal v Hibs was a joy to behold. Relegation Party? Ha-bloody-ha!! Just look at Locke's face, not to mention our supporters. I particularly like this 'un as I'm clearly visible behind the goals. 😉

So, I'll stick with that extra-special Kingsley goal as witnessed live, and Oztürk's late equaliser as missed ... but there are too many others equally worthy.

Here's the highlights of the 'Relegation Party' match featuring Billy King's fab goal. Oh, and a wee mention for Dale Carrick. H1b5 really are our plaything. 🤣

Attended - Probably Kingsleys at Hampden.

Wasn't there - Toss up between Templetons goal at easter road or his goal at Anfield

This is a tough one so I’m going to go for my top five ….

1. Quitongo v Celtic. 
2. Temps v Liverpool

3. Ferguson v Bayern

4. Adam v Rangers

5. Ozturck v Hibs

Missed ones is a tough one as well but the games I regret not getting to would be the Stevenson or Stamp games v Hibs or Magic v Rangers. I will go for the Wayne Foster v Hibs one though as that would have been an amazing moment at the football. 

Over the years supporting Hearts there have been so many amazing moments. There’s nothing quite like it is there. All the tough times make these good times feel that bit more special. There will be loads more of these moments ahead as well and I can’t wait!

Oh….. Glynn Snodin’s free kick v Prague is another one of the best I was there to see

Graeme Weir’s double….

There’s too many! 👍🇱🇻

So many to choose from! That I was there for - Iain Ferguson's goal against Bayern Munich takes some beating, but I'll go with a stunning 25 yard half-volley by Jim Townsend against Morton. I've never since seen a ball hit that hard. Still rising as it crossed the line, the ball the stuck between the net and the stanchion. Stunning strike.

As to one where I wasn't there, I'd go with Mauricio Pinilla's goal against Aberdeen at Pittodrie. Tremendous team goal started and finished by Pinigol.

Edited by Bickfest

A_A wehatethehibs

Game I wasn’t at, Rudis bullet finish at Easter road. Limbs flying love that goal 

Game I was at, Bruno Aguiar free kick against Celtic at Tynie. I was in the gorgie stand so could see the bend, magnificent. 

Joint best attended are Cameron pen and Beatties pen-both put us on path for cup glory. 
Not attended would be Zals at Easter Road to spoil the wee cup party, unbelievable scenes afterwards.

Best goal attending, for me , Gary Naismith against Aberdeen at Tynecastle, carried the ball for most of the pitch himself down the left side the hit a raker into the Gorgie end.

Best unattended, big Alim’s as formerly mentioned, the goal itself was wonderful, but as the camera shows the carnage in the Hearts end, it pans throughout the rodents to show bewilderment, dismay, and seethe, food & drink to us Jambos 😂😂

Attended - Darren Barr’s in the 2012 cup final. It just cut the tension and I think the second it hit the net we all had it confirmed what we already knew - we we’re going to win the game.

One I didn’t attend has to be Ozturk v Hibs. I wasn’t even watching it on tv. I was sat in the departures lounge at Amsterdam airport waiting for a flight home and from the opposite side of the gate I was sitting at I heard someone scream at the top of their lungs ‘aw for **** sake hibs!’ I had given up on us getting anything out of it when Paterson had been sent off and turned my phone off only to be given this gift from an irate hibby.

AC Mallin_51

Game I wasn’t at its a toss up between Beattie’s penalty in the 2012 semi and Kingley’s equaliser in the 2020 final (the 5 second wait for Beaton to check the goal line technology felt like a lifetime)

Game I was at is either Ryan Edwards goal in the 19 final, never seen celebrations like it. Stevenson in the league cup against the scum is also right up there, they absolutely battered us that night and it the was the definition of a snatch and grab. My first trip to Easter Road also so great memories from that one 

Ferguson’s goal again Bayern Munich - game I was at.

Robertsons goal against Dundee United at Tannadice in 1986 - game I wasn’t at.

game I was at : Beattie's penalty vs Celtic

games I wasnt't at: Kingsley's free kick vs them in the semi or Ian Ferguson's free kick

Bazzas right boot

The 3rd in the 4-2 v rangers in the sc. 

Taking away the obvious cup goals, that was a great game with great celebrations. 

Unexpected v a good rangers team. 

The Beatie goal or the winning goal v Aberdeen in semi finals of the sc. 

Goal v Bordeaux's away as well or anfield. 

:omg!:

AllyjamboDerbyshire
5 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

That Robbo goal will always live with me as special, coming as it did the day after my dad passed. I still remember looking up to the sky after it hit the net and thinking, 'that was for you, dad' (even though he only 'supported' Hearts because I did). The greatest goal I missed was the Willie Wallace wonder goal in our 3-2, down to 10 inside 5 minutes, game against Celtic (1966). Didn't even see it as I had the flu and couldn't go and my dad didn't turn the TV over to the highlights until too late to see it. Still the descriptions in the press of it were quite graphic in their wonderment.

August Landmesser

Game I was at: Robbo's winner in the '96 SF v the Sheep, finally ended our Hampden hoodoo and got us to a final

Game I wasn't at: Mikey Galloway in Prater Stadium, Vienna

At: Jimmy Bone's winner vs. Hibs in September 1983.

Absent: Temps at Anfield.

I listened to the game on the radio, in the house and on my own. I did the limbs thing dancing around the living room.

Adam’s goal in 98 final, had great view, ended a long wait. McCann against Celtic. Left field choice, in the relegation season, Jordan McGhee scored late header to give us 2-1 win against Aberdeen after being down to 10 men. The club was reborn after Vlad era, felt like we could pull off the great escape.

Any of those Skacel goals in off the post. His third against St Mirren, he seemed knackered but twisted their defence in and out and scored any way, right foot strike, goalie no chance.

Goals missed, Ferguson against Bayern Munich, Beattie pen in semi final.

Edited by naeclue

No Idle Talk
7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Games I was at.

Beattie's penalty v Celtic was a special moment.

Quitongo's goal v Celtic always brings a smile. We were absolutely pummelled that game and to draw like that was pretty funny. 😂

Hearts games I wasn't at.

Ferguson free kick v Bayern and Kingsley v the vermin are two of the best.

Those are great shouts btw. 

Quitongo's goal was indeed funny. Celtic absolutely battered us in that match so to steal a draw at the end like that was great. What made it even sweeter was that there were three Celtic fans sitting alongside us at the back of the old main stand. When Quitongo scored, their mask really slipped. They were spewing. 

N Lincs Jambo

Wow so many to choose from in both categories so for a game I attended both our goals in a 2-1 victory over the jungle jims at Darkheid in 92. That and the 98 final are the only two times I have seen us win there.

Not attended would have to be Robbo’s first at Tannadice in 86. I was working abroad at the time and missed most of that season. Went to almost every game when I was home though including the 2-0 at Ibrox.

No Idle Talk
7 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

It's such a pity there is no footage of that match. I started going to watch Hearts just a few weeks after that derby. A 0-2 defeat against Aberdeen at Tynecastle was my first match. I've heard that 3-2 win against Hibs being mentioned a lot of times over the years by people who were there. I'd love to be able to see the goals. 

Games I attended, I'd say Beattie vs Celtic, Ozturk vs Hibs or Edwards vs Celtic.

Game I never went would be Stamp vs Hibs for personal reasons. My Nana died only a couple of days later, but I watched the game with my Dad and his brother and when Stamp scored, we just went berserk. Coffee table flew across the living room as did the ashtrays. Nice wee family memory before what happened. Said uncle died only a couple of years after too.

Was there: Has to be Stephan Adam's goal in the 98 cup final as that gave us a wee cushion and had me believing that we would win the cup that day.

Wasn't there: I'll go for Kingsley's free kick against Hibs last season. I would have been there but for covid.

Percival King
14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Austin McCann v Celtic was pretty special.

Fantastic, not just for the goal itself but for what it did to Celtic's title hopes.

jamboiain13

Fave goal of a game I was at...
Robbo's 1st goal at Tannadice in April 1986.  His second in that 0-3 win had us all believing the league was finally ours.  The wee man's celebration for his 2nd and our 3rd is as iconic as it gets.  What a rollercoaster ride those final few weeks of the '86 season were.
Favourite goal of a game I wasn't at...
All 5 of those glorious goals at Hampden on 19th May 2012.  I was living in Daegu, South Korea at the time but pretty sure my cheers were heard all over Korea that day!

Game i was at has to be fergies v Bayern

Game not at, every hearts goal that was scored against the wee team that i never made i went too.

Attended was either Austin McCann v Septic or Paul Hartley pe although v the Sheep to go I to the Champions League 

Not at Ozturk against them or Ollie Boszanic v them

ArcticJambo

Robbo's smashed it at Tannadice in '86, there.

Johnston's third for his hat-trick vs Rangers, not there, unfortunately.

Edited by ArcticJambo

Салатные палочки

At: Robbo getting the third v. Rangers in the Scottish Cup in 95. 

Not at: Sir Paul Hartley's first in the '06 semi. I was on holiday but watching it I was a nervous wreck. Once he scored that the nerves just went. Funny as I was drinking but couldn't get drunk. After that goal I felt quite drunk :laugh2:

GlasgoJambo

Jeez that’s a tough ask - so much criteria to consider what means favourite - but off the top of my head, and in regard occasion, Beattie’s pen against Celtic in the semi remains an amazing moment for a goal I didn’t see in person. 

Tie for games I was at. Robbo at Tannadice in 86 and Fergie v Bayern Munich.  One I wasn't at has to be Ozturk at the San Giro! Oh to have seen that flying in!! 

to many

busby v hibs 4-1

dennis mcquade away to aberdeen in a 2-1 win against the best team in scotland at the time

robbo at tannadice

fergie against bayern

hartley free kick in semi, was right behind it

bannon's header at arbroath, great hang in the air by him

colquhoun at easter road from about 30 yards

one i missed ozturk and graham weirs injury time double fantastic

Edited by reaths17

5 hours ago, invernessjt said:

Game I was at - Beattie penalty v Celtic or Crabbe at Celtic 1992.

Game I wasn't at - Templeton at Liverpool.

7000 Jambos at Parkhead 

HillmanHearts

At : Jimmy Bone. winner 1983 v Hibs.

No at : Temps wonder dribble goal and Stampie’s late winner both at the SanGiro are close but in a nostalgic mood so : Ford’s back post header at Ibrox after Tommy Murray sat on the ball ( braw cross from Jim Brown in between !). 1972 in the “Ajax style” strip.

But there are numerous for both categories so I reserve the right change my mind 😊