• Pasquale for King

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

I'm calling it now, 'The GMS Derby' 

:peepwall:

naw yer no 

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

I am in the minority as a jambo. Terrible record. Hate Easter Rd. Only been to 5 derbies there won 1 and lost 4. 

6-2.

0-2 Nade, Glen.

1-0 Fletcher. 

1-0 Game after 5-1.

3-1 Going on 6-1 under Cathro.

Don’t really have an option on my favourite but hopefully after Sunday I will!

please tell me you're not coming

1 hour ago, King_Kurt said:

1984082502.jpg.dddffef8d7782cd4373d99fd64169cb9.jpg

that's the one 

39 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I think Mart was saying that his first real ‘doing’ of the Hibs was the  New year game in 1991?

👍🏻

Class of 75

Mine was the Scottish Cup win in 1994 when Foster scored at the death. Cracking result. Absolute bedlam in our end. Brilliant day

18 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Read it back, my mistake.  Sorry bud👍🏻

No probs, D4. 👍

1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

If you were at this game then yes the best. image.jpg?quality=65&smart&width=640

Given that everyone in that photo is engaged with the action other than the ginger lad bottom right, could it be that your photo has captured the famous 'Bearded Man' as a teenager?

Just a thought ...

Screenshot_20220805-230833_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, TommyBizarro said:

Mine is from 2009. We were down to ten men after Big Zal got sent off. Those clowns were 2-1 up with not long to go and Stephen Elliott equalised. It was only a draw, but a split second after Elliott scored I was rolling about on the floor…..my boy who was 16 at the time, went absolutely mental and grabbed me and his younger sister. Scrambling about on the floor, I should have been annoyed……pissed off….and embarrassed. But I just remember thinking…”ah, so not loosing to these muppet’s means this much to you 😂

That one's up there for me as well. Then coming out the stadium and seeing big Kevin Kyle. At first I couldn't understand why we were singing "there's only 1 Kevin kyle" when he wasn't even playing, then I seen him. As he was injured he was in with the fans.

57 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Always, always the Rudi 3-1 afternoon. That goal was sublime 

Watched it in a bar in goa

A Shoreditch Heart
1 hour ago, martoon said:

My first, too.

Great memories.

yeah, after all the pain of the 1970's that was the first time I'd see us win there too 

5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

'Shoes Off' for me. 

The bedlam when the winner went in with not long to go. How we ruined a cup parade! 😂 

The laugh as stewards tried to get us to vacate row by row only for the fans to keep moving up the stand. Eventually there were masses squeezed in to the back row! 😂 

I loved that derby, I remember the police eventually moving us out and I tried arguing that I wanted to watch the cup parade 😂

They never learn, a cup parade after a derby, they should have know what would happen!!

2 hours ago, King_Kurt said:

My first ever away derby. I only had a £1 and there was no kids gate so my brothers mates had to sub me. I think it was £2. I got hit with all sorts of missiles at the front from the back of our the support. Loads of kids got head wounds from the bricks from the back . It's still one of my best games. Walking up Easter road after the game felt amazing. People say Robbo's goal in 83 was the start, but I think this was the turning point.

section s heart
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m sure he scored the equaliser too, we were in their main stand, vague memories as a 10/11 yo. Was it a diving header Rae scored for us 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤣?!?!

Can't remember now you ask, but diving header rings a bell. Any og will do though. 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Mixu & O'Connor ... 😀

An equiliser with 4 mins to go and then ...

Total Scenes ...

Ps ... Late Edit ...

McAnus was on the bench that day.

Maybury would have been playing for a big team back then.

3 hours ago, King_Kurt said:

Various images from that eventful day. Hearts end went absolutely berserk when Derek O'Connor scored. 

Probably the last time the Hearts fans misbehaved as a large group (mindless thuggery) 

Authorities were shitting it as the Hearts were heading over to Paris very soon after this game. 

918048823.jpg

IMG-20220413-WA0009.jpg

20220103_001803.jpg

-evkh7y.jpg

ogxgfq.jpg

-k3s5o5.jpg

A policeman carries LIttle boy injured after crowd trouble during the Hibs v Hearts Edinburgh derby football match at Easter Road in August 1984. Final score 1-2 to Hearts..jpg

A policeman helps an injured fan after crowd trouble during the Hibs v Hearts Edinburgh derby football match at Easter Road in August 1984. Final score 1-2 to Hearts.jpg

Friends help an injured fan after crowd trouble during the Hibs v Hearts Edinburgh derby football match at Easter Road in August 1984. Final score 1-2 to Hearts.jpg

-g7njzo.jpg

Alex MacDonald (11) watches as Craig Levein heads the ball during an Edinburgh derby in August 1984.jpeg

My first Edinburgh derby_ A win for The Hearts, naturally.jpeg

2009-01-15_23-07-37_ghyuikol.jpg

Hibs v Hearts 1984 aug.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-011745_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-011629_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-011927_Gallery.jpg

7 hours ago, jager man said:

My first ever away derby. I only had a £1 and there was no kids gate so my brothers mates had to sub me. I think it was £2. I got hit with all sorts of missiles at the front from the back of our the support. Loads of kids got head wounds from the bricks from the back . It's still one of my best games. Walking up Easter road after the game felt amazing. People say Robbo's goal in 83 was the start, but I think this was the turning point.

My first ever away derby too, in fact my first ever derby.

Frankie says...

14 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The Wayne Foster match is prominent for me.  

Me too. Walking up fester Road after that was a hoot.

Robbo injury time equaliser 1995,carnage in away end , Mercer derby the atmosphere was electric and poisonous,and my favourite was Stamps winner the carnage and celebration was awsome

16 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Would love to have been at the Mercer derby.

One for the oldies though, 5-3.  Wallace got a double iirc.  Hibs weren't the duplicitous toerags they are today at that time and they played their part in making it a great day.

1964-65 season? If so, following our 8-1 win against Airdrie?

I remember the 5-3 result mainly because my dad and I got soaked.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

All the best ones been said multiple times but a few honourable mentions:

0-2, Colquhoun lob over Bandy from 30 yards. They had just played a cup final, or were just about to and we were shit that year. That was when we were in their heads so badly. Scott Leitch of all people was unplayable.

1-3, 1996 or thereabouts. Routine demolition. 3 up at half time I think. Ray Wilkins played for them and I think Alex Miller was sacked soon after.

0-1, McCann cupping his ear. One of the first signs we were in for a great season.

N Lincs Jambo

For me 2-1 McQuade and O’Connor game November 78. Our only victory at Fester that entire decade and the first derby after the day of carnage at Tynie in August when they equalised in about the 98th minute. For once Easter Road (the street not the stadium) didn’t get trashed afterwards by the Hearts support. There’s been better games since, the Mercer derby being a classic but given our record against the tramps in the 70s, to win there was amazing.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

For me 2-1 McQuade and O’Connor game November 78. Our only victory at Fester that entire decade and the first derby after the day of carnage at Tynie in August when they equalised in about the 98th minute. For once Easter Road (the street not the stadium) didn’t get trashed afterwards by the Hearts support. There’s been better games since, the Mercer derby being a classic but given our record against the tramps in the 70s, to win there was amazing.

I remember being at that game. Great goal from McQuade. 

16 hours ago, jager man said:

Great days buddy what a team they were.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
19 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m in that photo, as a few of us are 😆

You can’t be mate you were called out as a hibby last week by one of our most fanatical supporters - strangely they haven’t posted on this ultra pro-hearts thread where the closest thing to an argument is a discussion as to what the most destructive beasting hibs have received from us on their own patch

:interehjrling:

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 hours ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Normal service for the time was resumed a couple of weeks later when they knocked us out the cup but fortunately hibsed a couple of chances to beat rangers in the final if I’ve got the right season

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
16 hours ago, dannymack said:

Various images from that eventful day. Hearts end went absolutely berserk when Derek O'Connor scored. 

Probably the last time the Hearts fans misbehaved as a large group (mindless thuggery) 

Authorities were shitting it as the Hearts were heading over to Paris very soon after this game. 

918048823.jpg

IMG-20220413-WA0009.jpg

20220103_001803.jpg

-evkh7y.jpg

ogxgfq.jpg

-k3s5o5.jpg

A policeman carries LIttle boy injured after crowd trouble during the Hibs v Hearts Edinburgh derby football match at Easter Road in August 1984. Final score 1-2 to Hearts..jpg

A policeman helps an injured fan after crowd trouble during the Hibs v Hearts Edinburgh derby football match at Easter Road in August 1984. Final score 1-2 to Hearts.jpg

Friends help an injured fan after crowd trouble during the Hibs v Hearts Edinburgh derby football match at Easter Road in August 1984. Final score 1-2 to Hearts.jpg

-g7njzo.jpg

Alex MacDonald (11) watches as Craig Levein heads the ball during an Edinburgh derby in August 1984.jpeg

My first Edinburgh derby_ A win for The Hearts, naturally.jpeg

2009-01-15_23-07-37_ghyuikol.jpg

Hibs v Hearts 1984 aug.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-011745_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-011629_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-011927_Gallery.jpg

great photos as always mate 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
17 hours ago, jager man said:

I reckon this was an important point of consolidation but the 3-2 game was the turning point

the next game after 3-2 was at Easter road if I am remembering correctly we were 1-0 down and looking like we would never score until robbo’s speculative shot took a crazy deflection and ended up sneaking in at the post - that was consolidation pint number 1 - don’t kick a ball all day and come away with at least a point followed up quite soon by this game

i was there but don’t remember who was the better side but this last minute goal must have been another major sickener and set the tone for a number of late goals we’ve scored against them (sometimes 2)

:)

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Normal service for the time was resumed a couple of weeks later when they knocked us out the cup but fortunately hibsed a couple of chances to beat rangers in the final if I’ve got the right season

You have got the right season. Wins at Pittodrie, Fester and the Buzzbomb double at home v Celtic had us thinking we were staying up but again we screwed it up. The Cup game I think was the quarter final and I remember there was quite a bit of trouble in the Dunbar end. The last 40 years worth of derbies have put that decade to bed thank feck!

4-0 on New years day. Cameron scored at least once so did Hamilton. Went to a great new years party down junction street after singing all the way there doing twirlys and White xmas! Pished as a fart.

7 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

great photos as always mate 

Glad to share 👍

7 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I reckon this was an important point of consolidation but the 3-2 game was the turning point

the next game after 3-2 was at Easter road if I am remembering correctly we were 1-0 down and looking like we would never score until robbo’s speculative shot took a crazy deflection and ended up sneaking in at the post - that was consolidation pint number 1 - don’t kick a ball all day and come away with at least a point followed up quite soon by this game

i was there but don’t remember who was the better side but this last minute goal must have been another major sickener and set the tone for a number of late goals we’ve scored against them (sometimes 2)

:)

The New Year's Day game at Easter Rd 1985 was also vital in our stake at stamping our authority in the Edinburgh Derby. 

20210101_171138.jpg

The Famous 5 were obviously a great side but no match for Hearts in derbies.  People have posted the stats on that era before and they heavily favour us.

I'm too young to remenber any of that but I do remenber my dad's recollections.  Massive crowds, Hearts victories.

Natural order.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The Famous 5 were obviously a great side but no match for Hearts in derbies.  People have posted the stats on that era before and they heavily favour us.

I'm too young to remenber any of that but I do remenber my dad's recollections.  Massive crowds, Hearts victories.

Natural order.

The five seasons covering the Famous Five's three titles.

1947/48 

T. Hearts 2-1 (League Cup)

E. Hearts 2-1 (League Cup)

T. Hearts 2-1

E. Hibernian 3-1

1948/49

E. Hibernian 3-1

T. Hearts 3-2

1949/50

T. Hearts 5-2

E. Hearts 2-1

1950/51

E. Hearts 1-0

T. Hearts 2-1 

1951/52

T. draw 1-1

E. Hearts 3-2

36 minutes ago, martoon said:

1947/48 

T. Hearts 2-1

E. Hibernian 3-1

1948/49

E. Hibernian 3-1

T. Hearts 3-2

1949/50

T. Hearts 5-2

E. Hearts 2-1

1950/51

E. Hearts 1-0

T. Hearts 2-1 

1951/52

T. draw 1-1

E. Hearts 3-2

Thanks Martoon.  Males me so proud.  My dad would have loved all of that and in such a different era, he admired that Hibs side.

On 05/08/2022 at 21:15, King_Kurt said:

Frankie says…..FTH. A tremendous  send off before heading to Paris…Bonjour Bonjour, nous sommes les Gorgie garçons🇱🇻

N Lincs Jambo
46 minutes ago, martoon said:

1947/48 

T. Hearts 2-1

E. Hibernian 3-1

1948/49

E. Hibernian 3-1

T. Hearts 3-2

1949/50

T. Hearts 5-2

E. Hearts 2-1

1950/51

E. Hearts 1-0

T. Hearts 2-1 

1951/52

T. draw 1-1

E. Hearts 3-2

The 49-50 season saw the biggest derby crowd ever in Edinburgh at almost 66,000 and of course a Hearts victory. My Hibs supporting uncle was there and said there was another 50,000 locked out. No idea if true. Also, had Hibs even taken one point off us that season they would have won the league. Well done the jambos for preventing that!

3 minutes ago, Hook said:

Frankie says…..FTH. A tremendous  send off before heading to Paris…Bonjour Bonjour, nous sommes les Gorgie garçons🇱🇻

Was a wonderful time following Hearts in those days.

Forgotten Paris followed this game.

Ended up in Lothian Road that night .

Bagged of with a bird that I got some bother for when I got back from Paris.

Great times.

57 minutes ago, Ked said:

Was a wonderful time following Hearts in those days.

Forgotten Paris followed this game.

Ended up in Lothian Road that night .

Bagged of with a bird that I got some bother for when I got back from Paris.

Great times.

image.jpeg.ae1cd1aaeb3b0cddefe1bc3ea5aaa735.jpeg

image.jpeg.4de373d6acdb672b7e0fdd1ce9672f46.jpeg

Great times, indeed Ked.

Got this printed at Topsport in Gorgie and worn as a 13yr old to ER that day and to Paris the following week.

If only I could still fit into it😜🇱🇻

Bindy Badgy

Velicka 2-2 derby was good even though we didn't win. Coming back from 2-0 down after having Miko sent off mainly thanks to two Zibi **** ups was sweet.