Alan Forrest

dazajmbo

47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Good point ………. should be fine though because Neilson apparently insists on every player being able to play every position 

Apart from striker.

Clark Griswold

He’s had a great start to his Hearts career. If he gives his all in every game he plays he’ll be up there for our POTY 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 04/08/2022 at 16:23, Le Chat said:

The player we thought we were getting when we signed GMS.

He'll do well here.

Decent summary.

And much younger.

Our surprise package of the summer IMO.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
On 04/08/2022 at 14:49, stuart500 said:

Reminds me of John Colquhoun. No bigger compliment than that. 

I agree, too.

Takeshi kovac
1 hour ago, brux said:

The way Forrest plays will free up Barrie, excited to see how many goals and assists they will get between them this season 

This is it for me, we relied on Barrie last year for the creativity but now we have that down both sides, 2 very good attacking players all be it very different styles 

That big lump Porto-loo will be having nightmares on Saturday night.

Forrest is going to tear him and the rest of the H1b5 defence, a new one.

upgotheheads

I have watched Alan Forest for almost ten years since he appeared as a schoolboy at Ayr. His talent is obvious and he is approaching his best years but people should take a step back and not put so much pressure on him, he's a good player for sure and hopefully will get better but some of the stuff on here only puts added pressure on him and could backfire. 

39 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I have watched Alan Forest for almost ten years since he appeared as a schoolboy at Ayr. His talent is obvious and he is approaching his best years but people should take a step back and not put so much pressure on him, he's a good player for sure and hopefully will get better but some of the stuff on here only puts added pressure on him and could backfire. 

I would really like us to get another winger of a similar level to Forrest. GMS is past it, Gino isn't improving and neither are ever going to start ahead of Alan or Barrie. 

Clueless who, maybe this South Korean laddie is that player? Middleton may well have been perfect!

On 04/08/2022 at 14:49, stuart500 said:

Reminds me of John Colquhoun. No bigger compliment than that. 

Same. On both counts.

On 04/08/2022 at 14:25, mscjambo said:

I like his attitude. He's old fashioned and direct. Work rate is second to none as well

Reminds me of Suso 

Unknown user
On 04/08/2022 at 14:15, Sooks said:

Looks like a wee laddie ………….. does not play like one though

Love players like him we need more of that sort of thing 

Up with that sort of thing

On 04/08/2022 at 14:44, Pasquale for King said:

Doesn’t run like Captain Jack Sparrow also. 

:laugh2: under rated

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, OTT said:

I would really like us to get another winger of a similar level to Forrest. GMS is past it, Gino isn't improving and neither are ever going to start ahead of Alan or Barrie. 

Clueless who, maybe this South Korean laddie is that player? Middleton may well have been perfect!

Nothing like watching 1 game, seeing a player score and thinking "let's have him". 

Middleton is not perfect, Forrest will be better and aye, if we go as far as Korea, hopefully they are better than Middleton. 

I'd be suprised if Middleton has as good a career GMS has had and folk want him binned. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nothing like watching 1 game, seeing a player score and thinking "let's have him". 

Middleton is not perfect, Forrest will be better and aye, if we go as far as Korea, hopefully they are better than Middleton. 

I'd be suprised if Middleton has as good a career GMS has had and folk want him binned. 

We've surely all seen Middleton before though.

Unfortunately GMS' good career is behind him and counts for little looking forward to the season. There may still be highlights but he's not the player he once was. I'm okay with him staying to be fair, he's the kind of guy you look to the bench for when you need something later on, but I get why some don't fancy him.

9 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I’m aware, I just don’t believe in saying player X is shite without giving an alternative. Middleton had a poor loan spell at Hibs, I think his first spell at St Johnstone was good but 2nd not so much? His goal reminded me a lot of Templetons against Liverpool.

Anyway, not a scout, just don’t think it adds much to the discussion without suggesting an alternative! Although Middleton was more of a captain hindsight suggestion than anything else! 😂

RE the GMS comparison, their respective careers so far don’t mean much it’s about what they do next, what I’ve saw from GMS in a hearts jersey has been extremely underwhelming. I can’t think of any games where I’ve thought ‘that’s why we signed him’. At 36 Chris Burke was running the show at Killie, so it’s disappointing GMS seems to be in that career wind down mode already. 

Edited by OTT

9 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Reminds me of Suso 

Yup thats the one for me. Wee terrier of a winger who will hound you off the ball and run at you with it. Energy and drive.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I’m aware, I just don’t believe in saying player X is shite without giving an alternative. Middleton had a poor loan spell at Hibs, I think his first spell at St Johnstone was good but 2nd not so much? His goal reminded me a lot of Templetons against Liverpool.

Anyway, not a scout, just don’t think it adds much to the discussion without suggesting an alternative! Although Middleton was more of a captain hindsight suggestion than anything else! 😂

RE the GMS comparison, their respective careers so far don’t mean much it’s about what they do next, what I’ve saw from GMS in a hearts jersey has been extremely underwhelming. I can’t think of any games where I’ve thought ‘that’s why we signed him’. At 36 Chris Burke was running the show at Killie, so it’s disappointing GMS seems to be in that career wind down mode already. 

Makes sense. 

What I meant was I'd be suprised if Middleton goes on to have the same career as GMS. 

Unfair to compare atm and he may well go on to big things. 

Killie are shite, says more about them than Burke imo. 

GMS isn't as good as McKay imo and last season you could argue the case for GMS or Gino either way. 

Now we have Forrest who I thought was good last season has started well and looks like he is on a upward trajectory. 

Utd and many of their players getting a big love in, let's see how they get on over a season. 

Ross has history for long runs of good results followed by a very poor run that he struggles to reverse. 

It's a theme of his career. 

18 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I agree, too.

Exactly what I’ve been saying a JC for  the 2020’s! 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
20 minutes ago, Clear few said:

Exactly what I’ve been saying a JC for  the 2020’s! 

He scored pre-season (forget who we were playing), and the finish was reminiscent of JC. His stubble is even the same. :lol: