Alan Forrest

dazajmbo

Looks like a wee laddie ………….. does not play like one though

Love players like him we need more of that sort of thing 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

One I wasn't sure about, but he is a slow burner career wise, had a slow start Saturday like everyone else, thought he was the spark, late first half & into the 2nd half that made the difference

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

One I wasn't sure about, but he is a slow burner career wise, had a slow start Saturday like everyone else, thought he was the spark, late first half & into the 2nd half that made the difference

I was late to the party I only noticed the boy the season before last in some random game I was watching …………. said at the time he looks a player 

glad we signed him

Just now, mscjambo said:

I like his attitude. He's old fashioned and direct. Work rate is second to none as well

Reminds me a bit of Suso Santana 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Reminds me a bit of Suso Santana 

Yep. Head down and run at defenders. If he has as good an impact as Sudo then he will be a great player for us.

3 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Great player. Better than his brother too in my opinion!

He is now.

His brother's finished. Can't believe Celtic gave him a new contract.

10 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yep. Head down and run at defenders. If he has as good an impact as Sudo then he will be a great player for us.

Yip

jamboinglasgow

Looks great. Thought was a decent addition to the squad, but when Joe Savage did an interview of Hearts TV back in June he talked about the players already signed and was surprised at his words about Forrest, he is obviously going to talk him up but he talked about the believe Forrest can reach another level and came across as they genuinely think he could be a really good player.

His goal on Saturday showed his movement off the ball. When he lays the pass to Grant he runs into the right spot before Cochrane has even passed it.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Doesn’t run like Captain Jack Sparrow also. 

Pasquale for King

Like the look of him, bags of energy and can see him having a MoM performance on Sunday, he’s used to winning down there. 

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Looks great. Thought was a decent addition to the squad, but when Joe Savage did an interview of Hearts TV back in June he talked about the players already signed and was surprised at his words about Forrest, he is obviously going to talk him up but he talked about the believe Forrest can reach another level and came across as they genuinely think he could be a really good player.

His goal on Saturday showed his movement off the ball. When he lays the pass to Grant he runs into the right spot before Cochrane has even passed it.

Yes I agree it is his passing and movement to get the return that impresses me most ………… see a nother player whos movement and positioning is very under rated - Devlin

Watch Devlin for ninety minutes and you could deliver a presentation on how to move and where to position your self as a player he just never stops ……….. does his bit and then gets in to the right position to receive the ball again , he will link well with Forrest 

Sure he scored at Easter Road last season, thought he was our best player second half on Saturday, really like how direct he is and just drives at the defence. It's what defenders hate especially in the box. Was a great goal he scored if you watch his movement as he starts the move outside the box then drives for the 6 yard box to tap it in. He plays similar to his brother who has done ok for himself, if Alan can do the same at Hearts we will have some player. 

7 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Reminds me of John Colquhoun. No bigger compliment than that. 

:clap:

millerjames398
9 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Easy there, that's some accolade...if hes half as good as JC, were on to a good thing👍🏼

13 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Sure he scored at Easter Road last season, thought he was our best player second half on Saturday, really like how direct he is and just drives at the defence. It's what defenders hate especially in the box. Was a great goal he scored if you watch his movement as he starts the move outside the box then drives for the 6 yard box to tap it in. He plays similar to his brother who has done ok for himself, if Alan can do the same at Hearts we will have some player. 

According to one poster, he'll soon have that coached out of him by Neilson🤣

Thought he looked shite in preseason but definitely stepped up on Saturday. I’m all for talking players up but some comments on this thread though. 😂

13 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

According to one poster, he'll soon have that coached out of him by Neilson🤣

Natural centre half is wee Alan get him on the clearing headers at corners and set pieces 

It's such a likeable trait. Just go at defenders again and again. It was honestly the sort of player I thought GMS would be for us but sadly doesnt appear so.

Edited by Der Kaiser

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

He is now.

His brother's finished. Can't believe Celtic gave him a new contract.

Finished is harsh ( them on JKB tho-hit 30 and done!) , maybe not what celtic want but he's a good player and if he moves club he would  get more game time, less pressure and start enjoying his football again. 

100% take if available, if he ends up at Aberdeen, hibs or the likes he instantly improves them and is their best player. 

9 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

It's such a likeable trait. Just go at defenders again and again. It was honestly the sort of player I thought GMS would be for us but sadly doesnt appear so.

Forerst has got a bit of dig about his game whereas GMS is a whimp and scared of getting hurt.

1 hour ago, D4nny_ said:

At the same age his brother was an excellent player. If Alan turns out to be as good it will be a real bonus. 

It's an area that I felt let us down last year, GMS, Ginnelly & McKay, I was hoping for at least 10 goals from each of them whereas we struggled to get 10 goals between them.

Forest has started well and will hopefully get at least 10 goals this season.

He was very good in pre season and he's improving on it now.   Looking forward seeing him in action this Sunday. 

He must be a nightmare for our defensive players trying to get the ball back.    Our defenders will win more tackles on Sunday. 

38 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Finished is harsh ( them on JKB tho-hit 30 and done!) , maybe not what celtic want but he's a good player and if he moves club he would  get more game time, less pressure and start enjoying his football again. 

100% take if available, if he ends up at Aberdeen, hibs or the likes he instantly improves them and is their best player. 

Yeah, maybe a little harsh but I'd rather have his wee brother.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Natural centre half is wee Alan get him on the clearing headers at corners and set pieces 

Your joking eh, he's clearly Gordon's successor.

3 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Agree

9 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Your joking eh, he's clearly Gordon's successor.

Good point ………. should be fine though because Neilson apparently insists on every player being able to play every position 

Gives defenders something to think about instead of our passing from side to side stuff we saw with wingers for years before - has a footballing brain too which unfortunately is what prevents Ginnelly from being as effective 

Hector Riva

Spoke to him at the training camp in Spain. A real down to earth nice lad. I'm sure he will do well.