Chase bank

DarthVodka

I thought there was a previous thread on this but I couldn’t find it.

I notice that chase bank have started in the uk. Using the debit card in the US is appealing as I’m going there next month (and visit regularly).  The website is a bit vague, it says ‘great’ exchange rates but nothing more.  The exchange rate is terrible just now anyway but don’t fancy going there and actually getting less for my money than normal.

anyone got an account ? 

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

I thought there was a previous thread on this but I couldn’t find it.

I notice that chase bank have started in the uk. Using the debit card in the US is appealing as I’m going there next month (and visit regularly).  The website is a bit vague, it says ‘great’ exchange rates but nothing more.  The exchange rate is terrible just now anyway but don’t fancy going there and actually getting less for my money than normal.

anyone got an account ? 

They have a pretty dodgy history with the Nazis, but I doubt that's much help!

Dennis Reynolds

I don't have a chase bank account but I used my Monzo card over in the state's loads and the exchange rate is good. No fees as well.

Think you get a good cashback rate with the chase account though. 

7 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I don't have a chase bank account but I used my Monzo card over in the state's loads and the exchange rate is good. No fees as well.

Think you get a good cashback rate with the chase account though. 

i have a travel card I have used before where you load on cash at the set exchange rate and at least you know the balance in dollars. I have used my nationwide credit card over there several times and the exchange rate is decent too.

the main issue with the travel card is that many cash machines will charge a fortune on their fees to get cash out, chase machines are pretty common over there so I can maybe avoid that.

I’ll check out monzo though!

I have a Chase account and a Monzo card. Got the chase account because they were offering a decent interest rate with instant access. But I ALWAYS use the Monzo card abroad - even for purchases of a pound or two. No charges and  the best exchange rate. This includes ATM's if you need cash.

The exchange rate will just be the interbank exchange rate you get for Visa/Mastercard (whoever it is that Chase use), there are plenty of other cards out there that offer the same, such as Monzo mentioned above, or Revolut, Halifax Clarity and a few others.

Samuel Camazzola
31 minutes ago, jvm32 said:

The exchange rate will just be the interbank exchange rate you get for Visa/Mastercard (whoever it is that Chase use), there are plenty of other cards out there that offer the same, such as Monzo mentioned above, or Revolut, Halifax Clarity and a few others.

Spot on. 👍 

Also, whenever an exchange/conversion rate is displayed on the ATM, always decline. 

The exchange rates only ever differ by a couple of pence. You'd have to spend a grand to save £20. Barely seems worth the bother shopping around for rates IMO. 

Jambo_jim2001
6 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

This bloke doesn't like Chase much

Men in white coats are usually the ones that take you away😳