Any guitarists?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Anyone got any recommendations for guitar shops in Edinburgh, Glasgow or wherever else? Looking to get a new acoustic.

Red dog in the grassmarket or guitar guitar out passed costorphine are decent 

do so research online to what you want and what you can get in your budget, then go try a few 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Red dog in the grassmarket or guitar guitar out passed costorphine are decent 

do so research online to what you want and what you can get in your budget, then go try a few 

Red dog shut a few years back. 

47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Red dog shut a few years back. 

Man…shows how much I’m up the town these days!

Stupid Sexy Flanders
11 minutes ago, al_hearts65 said:

I'm not a guitarist but my son is. He also uses Guitar Guitar. 

Guitar Guitar in Glasgow says they're the biggest one in Scotland, I'll probably start there and see how I get on. 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Guitar Guitar in Glasgow says they're the biggest one in Scotland, I'll probably start there and see how I get on. 👍🏻

There's one on St John's Road near Drumbrae roundabout too, if you are Edinburgh based.

dozy dick the dooman

Scayles are very good  I think they  are linked to Hobgoblin  worth a look if you fancy something a bit different  to the usually  brands

• 1 month later...

Guitar guitar is good for selection some of the guys can be a big dour tho .  I try and speak to a guy called Chris he is very helpful and gives you a good trade in If you want to upgrade your gear.

On 03/08/2022 at 13:20, Victorian said:

Mev Taylor?

Mr Taylor (Dave) died a while ago, was a great guy good saxophone player I knew him very well. His partner Eric I think he was called I may be wrong tho on the name and anther guy had a shop just of the meadows but that closed down . I used to go to Mev Taylor’s at haymarket all the time for stuff .

12 minutes ago, One five said:

Guitar guitar is good for selection some of the guys can be a big dour tho .  I try and speak to a guy called Chris he is very helpful and gives you a good trade in If you want to upgrade your gear.

I've bought a few guitars from them in the past, one guy is really helpful, can't remember his name. 

Be prepared to re-mortgage your house if you're buying though, and be prepared to get shafted if you're trading in. 

28 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've bought a few guitars from them in the past, one guy is really helpful, can't remember his name. 

Be prepared to re-mortgage your house if you're buying though, and be prepared to get shafted if you're trading in. 

Never found that mate but it’s normally pedals I’ve  traded in , yes there guitars are expensive along with there amps recently I checked there pricing along  with a shop in England for a Gibson acoustic and guitar guitar where £299 more expensive.

3 minutes ago, One five said:

Never found that mate but it’s normally pedals I’ve  traded in , yes there guitars are expensive along with there amps recently I checked there pricing along  with a shop in England for a Gibson acoustic and guitar guitar where £299 more expensive.

Yeah, i would only go there to get a guitar setup these days. 

They're probably go under in todays market, which is a shame. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, i would only go there to get a guitar setup these days. 

They're probably go under in todays market, which is a shame. 

It would be, on line sales for pedal’s,  strings etc are fine for me but I like to try guitars before I buy .