Passport

jamborich

Sort of messed up wasn’t going to the qualifying but looking to go to the group stage now realised my passport has expired should really stop blaming covid.  So no interest in what it cost what is the best way to get a passport 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Sort of messed up wasn’t going to the qualifying but looking to go to the group stage now realised my passport has expired should really stop blaming covid.  So no interest in what it cost what is the best way to get a passport 

Trip through to Glasgow, take all the documents and they will sort you out.

Beyond me how you cant get one in the capital city.

1 minute ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Get a new photo and do it all online. Your photo has a code, it's pretty easy to do.

Ok take it you go photo booths

Dennis Reynolds

I used the photo booth in a Tesco. Was really easy to do. You just type in a link on the online application and it's uploaded. From sending my old one back to getting my new one it took about two weeks.

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I used the photo booth in a Tesco. Was really easy to do. You just type in a link on the online application and it's uploaded. From sending my old one back to getting my new one it took about two weeks.

My son just did his online, sent in his old passport next day delivery and he got the new one in about a week, no need for appointments or paying for express service as long as it is a straightforward renewal and you get an online link for the photo.

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

Take your own photo at home and upload it. It's free. No point paying at a photo booth.

This, my photo got rejected first time but just do another with suggested alterations. Then it’s all done online with email updates,I got new one within 3 weeks.

6 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Trip through to Glasgow, take all the documents and they will sort you out.

Beyond me how you cant get one in the capital city.

Just did this on Monday. You need to do the renewal process online, then get an appointment to go pick it up. You cannot just walk up and do it there and then, they were turning people away for this - I watched them do it. 

Book the online premium service, then go through to Glasgow to pick it up in person. You cannot, and I repeat CANNOT, just go to the passport office and get a new one without applying online (or by mail) first. 

RE: you're second point - Glasgow has the only passport office in Scotland. Next closest by distance is Belfast. That is scandalous, especially if you are from sheep-worrying regions. 

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, jamborich said:

Call the main passport office in Glasgow, they will book you an appointment to turn up for an “emergency” passport, they even have a photo booth there.  It’s a bit pricy mind……..I did this about 10ish years ago at a cost of £120, you’ll get an appointment within 48hrs……….unless of course things have changed.

My passport expires in may 2023, had planned to try and away trip this year, European group stages. I know there’s rules regarding travelling on a minimum amount left on passport. Reckon it’s safer just to renew now? 

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

My passport expires in may 2023, had planned to try and away trip this year, European group stages. I know there’s rules regarding travelling on a minimum amount left on passport. Reckon it’s safer just to renew now? 

https://www.travelsupermarket.com/en-gb/blog/travel-advice/passport-post-youd-better-hope/

OmiyaHearts
13 hours ago, jamborich said:

Don't be put off by the recent passport horror stories. I applied for a renewal about 3 weeks ago and got my new passport in 5 working days - easy and quick. 

Did cost me about £85 though.

Doctor FinnBarr
11 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Don't be put off by the recent passport horror stories. I applied for a renewal about 3 weeks ago and got my new passport in 5 working days - easy and quick. 

Did cost me about £85 though.

My daughter who had slight water damage to her passport applied for a replacement about 5 weeks ago, still waiting. She applied for my grandaughter at the same time, it came back inside a fortnight.

On 03/08/2022 at 02:12, trotter said:

Just did this on Monday. You need to do the renewal process online, then get an appointment to go pick it up. You cannot just walk up and do it there and then, they were turning people away for this - I watched them do it. 

Book the online premium service, then go through to Glasgow to pick it up in person. You cannot, and I repeat CANNOT, just go to the passport office and get a new one without applying online (or by mail) first. 

RE: you're second point - Glasgow has the only passport office in Scotland. Next closest by distance is Belfast. That is scandalous, especially if you are from sheep-worrying regions. 

Unless you've left it to the last minute to renew then there's no real reason you'd need to go to Glasgow or any passport office. 

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Unless you've left it to the last minute to renew then there's no real reason you'd need to go to Glasgow or any passport office. 

Or like in my case, my passport was full, I need it for work trips and I was back for a wedding amyway and didn't want to risk the current 10 weeks wait for applying out of country. 

17 minutes ago, trotter said:

Or like in my case, my passport was full, I need it for work trips and I was back for a wedding amyway and didn't want to risk the current 10 weeks wait for applying out of country. 

So you left it to last minute 😉

On 04/08/2022 at 10:13, trotter said:

You should keep two 👍

19 hours ago, IronJambo said:

You should keep two 👍

Got the big 50-pager this time. If work keeps getting busy, I'll probably do that. Foreign visas generally need a whole page to themselves

dobmisterdobster
On 02/08/2022 at 22:14, IronJambo said:

Take your own photo at home and upload it. It's free. No point paying at a photo booth.

You only need to do it once then you have a digital copy that you can re-use for other things

3 grand and you can have it in 24 hours. 

You can choose any of the names below

Miguel Di Santos

Rev. Richard Smythe

Roberto Garbinelli

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You only need to do it once then you have a digital copy that you can re-use for other things

That's not selling it to me when the other option is easier and free. When your driving license is up for renewal you can reuse it for that anyway.