What is woke and how does it impact you?

Unknown user

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

"The text highlights that these women were rebels for taking on typically male tasks, and in doing so they adopted a form of male identity." 

From that article, this paragraph is the crux for me. If we stop splitting things like that up by gender then people can just get on with their lives. Rather than feel she had to take on male identity, why not just let her be a badass female. Males don't own those tasks, society just chooses to make it that way. 

FZ97pxpXoAECcyE.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• Dawnrazor

• il Duce McTarkin

Dick Dastardly
On 12/08/2022 at 15:21, BlueRiver said:

Do you think we can sing that they’re gammon if we can get it to fit a tune instead? 

The tune would have to be Jammin by Bob Marley. I'll leave the words uo to someone else 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Before the stents went in and the arthritis took over.  :laugh: 

What was that in response to ? 😂

18 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What was that in response to ? 😂

You need to follow the thread of questions and answers.  All I'm doing is replying to your question.  And all the moaners are doing is whinging about when life was better. 

But life isn't worse because life has gotten worse.  Life is worse because the complainers are getting older, what with their arthritis, dodgy backs, statins and stents, and they just don't have a clue what the young crew are banging on about now.

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

You need to follow the thread of questions and answers.  All I'm doing is replying to your question.  And all the moaners are doing is whinging about when life was better. 

But life isn't worse because life has gotten worse.  Life is worse because the complainers are getting older, what with their arthritis, dodgy backs, statins and stents, and they just don't have a clue what the young crew are banging on about now.

Old people referring to "the young crew" . Is that a deliberate example of what you are on about,?

JudyJudyJudy
11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

To be honest that’s basically saying younger people are more sensible and progressive and older people are relics ? Least older people can say  categorically what a woman and a man is ! Ask some of the dipit young crew and they can’t tell you or won’t.  

“ youth is wasted on the Young” 

21 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The tune would have to be Jammin by Bob Marley. I'll leave the words uo to someone else 

Would honestly hate for that class record to be used in this way.

But it fits perfectly.

39 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Good response from Jerry 

Could this backfire on the fringe.

I'd like to see some court action about this.

Does he have a legal case ?

43 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Good response from Jerry 

Yip. Spot on.

Pleasence have made a tit of themselves. “ We don't censure comedians...” then they censure a comedian.

Anyone going to a Jerry gig surely must know what they are going into.

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Ked said:

Could this backfire on the fringe.

I'd like to see some court action about this.

Does he have a legal case ?

Yes its really backfired.  Unsure if he has legal case as its a private contract between him and the venue. However the director of the Pleasance had absolutely no right in stating that Jerry wasnt welcome at the Festival at all. Who the hell does he think he is ? 

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip. Spot on.

Pleasence have made a tit of themselves. “ We don't censure comedians...” then they censure a comedian.

Anyone going to a Jerry gig surely must know what they are going into.

Yep.  Hes not my cup of tea as a comedian but I would defend his right to perform . 

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dearie me.

He was commentating about a  Mans football game. it was perfectly legitimate what he said. 

Graeme Souness sparks sexism row by saying football is ‘man’s game’ while sitting with Karen Carney (msn.com)

Yep way it is these days laughable nonsense but that'll be him done at sky I suspect.

Ron Burgundy

Saw Jerry Sadowitz at the festival about 6 years ago, sure it was the assembly rooms on George street.

I thought he was fantastic.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dearie me.

He was commentating about a  Mans football game. it was perfectly legitimate what he said. 

Graeme Souness sparks sexism row by saying football is ‘man’s game’ while sitting with Karen Carney (msn.com)

A classic bit of trigger happy wokeness over-sensitivity.  In context his meaning was perfectly clear.

(And to be non-woke, who exactly was waiting 56 years for the Lionesses' win?)

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

And to be non-woke, who exactly was waiting 56 years for the Lionesses' win?)

No one. Not even any English 

joondalupjambo
6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dearie me.

Can a woman not watch a woman's game and say, "great a real woman's game"?  Nobody would bat an eye lid.  The world, as one Piers Morgan would say has gone nuts.

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Can a woman not watch a woman's game and say, "great a real woman's game"?  Nobody would bat an eye lid.  The world, as one Piers Morgan would say has gone nuts.

Yep she can apparently 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

In effect they (women but also men) did during the Euros.  There were frequent comments on how much less cheating and how much better disciplined was the woman's game. So different from the men's game Souness was describing.

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In effect they (women but also men) did during the Euros.  There were frequent comments on how much less cheating and how much better disciplined was the woman's game. So different from the men's game Souness was describing.

Is that not just the same as stating negative things ?

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

14 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

To be honest that’s basically saying younger people are more sensible and progressive and older people are relics ? Least older people can say  categorically what a woman and a man is ! Ask some of the dipit young crew and they can’t tell you or won’t.  

“ youth is wasted on the Young” 

You've absolutely no notion what I'm saying.  :laugh: 

The phrase "it's a man's game" is widely accepted to mean "it's a physical game".

It's a simile.

There is absolutely nothing sexist about it.

Same goes for "man up" which is a simile for "be brave".

And "be a man" which is a simile for "take responsibility".

Edited by Cade

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Does Putin's military obsess over diversity quotas?

What on earth are we doing?

Maybe Putin arranged it when BoJo skipped his security detail and went partying at Lebedev's mansion.

I guess no one will ever know what was arranged. In fact no one will ever know what was done with, or to, the current prime minister in the KGB officers sons house. Even he can't remember it all...

I guess we'll never know what leverage Putin has over the current prime minister.

dobmisterdobster
48 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Maybe Putin arranged it when BoJo skipped his security detail and went partying at Lebedev's mansion.

I guess no one will ever know what was arranged. In fact no one will ever know what was done with, or to, the current prime minister in the KGB officers sons house. Even he can't remember it all...

I guess we'll never know what leverage Putin has over the current prime minister.

We can discuss deranged conspiracy theories on one of the dime-a-dosen "Tories bad" threads. This thread is about Wokeness.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

The phrase "it's a man's game" is widely accepted to mean "it's a physical game".

It's a simile.

Yes those feeble little responsibility-shirking women can't be physical nor brave. 🤷‍♀️

Weakened Offender
43 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

We can discuss deranged conspiracy theories on one of the dime-a-dosen "Tories bad" threads. This thread is about Wokeness.

Quite a fascinating time to live in Britain when offending the Gammonati is more important than the  PM's links with the KGB. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

You'll be on your own for that one! I'm just pointing out that national security is suddenly a serious issue for you, now that a Tory PM isn't the specific problem.

Dennis Reynolds

"There is no pause in Royal Air Force recruitment and no new policy with regards to meeting in-year recruitment requirements," the spokesperson said.

:sniff:

More the case, that young men don't want to fight for the these animals anymore, so they tell everyone they are not recruiting them. Who would put up their life for the British establishment. :rofl: It used to over employ Scots, now Scots don't comply. You can take as many Britnats from Scotland as you please, they won't be missed.

Francis Albert
13 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Yes those feeble little responsibility-shirking women can't be physical nor brave. 🤷‍♀️

Souness did not say football is a "man's game". He used an old football cliche to describe a game which had become "tasty" with players ( and the benches) getting physically more aggressive. (I don't think it had anything to do with "bravery" or "responsibility".  In fact I'd say he was talking about men becoming irresponsible.

One of the common features of wokism is to read into language something that is not there ... or only there in their woke  minds.

Francis Albert
11 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

"There is no pause in Royal Air Force recruitment and no new policy with regards to meeting in-year recruitment requirements," the spokesperson said.

:sniff:

A classic spokesperson statement. Words that don't really mean anything much.

On 16/08/2022 at 19:09, Cade said:

It's a simile.

And "grow a pair" which IIRC is a reference to HRT.  :runaway:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
17 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Wow ! Well Done that guy . He clamped Martin . Censorship 

The guy kind of embellished what “martin” said so didn’t properly nail him (unfortunately) - although these days perception  actually is reality so who knows

“martin” in general tho 

:lion:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
On 14/08/2022 at 23:17, jonesy said:

Must admit, I had a conversation with an 18 year-old lassie yesterday and the only relatable cross-reference was Sonic the Hedgehog and the TV show Friends (both coolly geeky retro to her, both reminders of my childhood). Most of the other stuff she was talking about went right over my head. I'm only 39 :( 

cam girl ?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Yo soy cam boy. 😞

thats good mate I’m sure you do well

attracting some younger clients too 👏👏

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Feel free to pass on my username: dad_bod69

sounds good I might take a look myself - feels non-progressive not to 😃

16 hours ago, jonesy said:

Feel free to pass on my username: dad_bod69

15 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

sounds good I might take a look myself - feels non-progressive not to 😃

Any chance of a PM?  :hae36: 

JudyJudyJudy
JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nothing wrong with them looking to the future and not repeating the mistakes of the past, but you have to let your hair down from time to time or you become very repressed. I had a girlfriend once who had been the classic 'good girl' all the way through school and uni. Got to about 25 years old and just went daft, sleeping around and drinking too much.

Hide contents

Or, perhaps, that was because she was going out with me...

Wow she was late to the game 😎😂

On 13/08/2022 at 14:09, Smithee said:

I saw him a couple of years ago, I thought the act had aged terribly, just another angry, middle aged man, shouting.

He's a talented prestidigitator to be fair, but I don't really care for magicians. I don't think I know anyone who does actually.

Honestly, I love great sleight of hand. Shin Lim makes me feel like I'm a child again. Genuinely no idea how he does some of his stuff, and honestly don't want to know. 

9 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Social media. My mates brother in law is a young pup. 21-22. He says a lot of them don't get pissed because they're terrified someone will film them on their phone and upload to whatever social media young pups use nowadays.