What is woke and how does it impact you?

Unknown user

Just now, Led Tasso said:

Yes, when you keep changing the subject and changing the parameters of the debate, that’s not an actual salient challenge, it’s just throwing shite.

I've never changed the subject or the parameters, I've poked holes in your argument and you don't like it and I've asked you questions you've failed answer.

It's that that's changed parameters and moved the goal posts with nonsense about Albinos and changing skin colour to cheek colour and saying it's ok because there's hardly any of them anyway.

We're never going to convince each other sso lets just leave it here👍

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• Dawnrazor

• il Duce McTarkin

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've never changed the subject or the parameters, I've poked holes in your argument and you don't like it and I've asked you questions you've failed answer.

It's that that's changed parameters and moved the goal posts with nonsense about Albinos and changing skin colour to cheek colour and saying it's ok because there's hardly any of them anyway.

We're never going to convince each other sso lets just leave it here👍

Sure, chief.

Unknown user

Actually just had some gammon, but it's cool, it was cured and very pleasant

Edited by Smithee

Just now, Smithee said:

Actually just had some gammon, but it's cool, it was cured and very pleasant

Cured with what? Spicey Honey Coated from a free range farm near me is the best I've ever tasted.

Unknown user
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Cured with what? Spicey Honey Coated from a free range farm near me is the best I've ever tasted.

That sounds good actually. I don't know, it was cheap off cuts for the dog, I couldn't resist a sandwich though.

I used to smoke pork in the garden in Holland, mesquite smoked with a chili honey glaze will do it, sounds similar

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That sounds good actually. I don't know, it was cheap off cuts for the dog, I couldn't resist a sandwich though.

I used to smoke pork in the garden in Holland, mesquite smoked with a chili honey glaze will do it, sounds similar

Not anything to do with "woke" but have had the smoked Eel while you've been im Holland? When I was young we visited a family my Grandad stayed with during the war, it was near Nijmegen, the Eel was called "Palling" and was was absolutely delicious. I've tried to make it but haven't come close in taste.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Not anything to do with "woke" but have had the smoked Eel while you've been im Holland? When I was young we visited a family my Grandad stayed with during the war, it was near Nijmegen, the Eel was called "Palling" and was was absolutely delicious. I've tried to make it but haven't come close in taste.

I haven't, I can't do fishy type things, haring season was tough every year!

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I haven't, I can't do fishy type things, haring season was tough every year!

😆👍

ZadokThePriest
19 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

How on God’s green earth going by the same logic?

Some seriously tortured thinking going on here to try to manufacture white grievance.

I’m not trying to manufacture anything.

If it’s acceptable to label angry whites as gammon because there’s a tinge of red in it, then going by your logic (something I don’t advise) we could do the same for angry blacks by calling them black pudding.

Edited by ZadokThePriest

19 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

How on God’s green earth going by the same logic?

Some seriously tortured thinking going on here to try to manufacture white grievance.

that is the most contrived nonsense yet. The poster is nowt but a white pudding. 😛

3 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Is it woke for gammons to think the term 'Gammon" is racist?

Are Gammons now Woke??

Dunno but they aren’t very ‘freedom of speech’ after all it seems, rather ❄️❄️❄️ we could say. 

Unknown user
38 minutes ago, ZadokThePriest said:

I’m not trying to manufacture anything.

If it’s acceptable to label angry whites as gammon because there’s a tinge of red in it, then going by your logic (something I don’t advise) we could do the same for angry blacks by calling them black pudding.

If I say you should have a giant riddy for that post, is it racist?

ZadokThePriest
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

If I say you should have a giant riddy for that post, is it racist?

No, because that can apply to both blacks and whites.

Edited by ZadokThePriest

Francis Albert

The use of woke only annoys me in the same way that the use of the word activist does. They both represent virtue signaling which could be avoided by use of simple and unambiguous English.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The use of woke only annoys me in the same way that the use of the word activist does. They both represent virtue signaling which could be avoided by use of simple and unambiguous English.

It's "conservationist" that bugs me, usually used or given to someone who does **** all for conservation.

Francis Albert

And an "activist" is applied to someone who glues himself to a road or a painting rendering him pretty inactive. The Hitler Youth were activists. Just the wrong sort of activist.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And an "activist" is applied to someone who glues himself to a road or a painting rendering him pretty inactive. The Hitler Youth were activists. Just the wrong sort of activist.

You have to activate the glue, for it to stick. 🤷‍♂️

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You have to activate the glue, for it to stick. 🤷‍♂️

Super glue doesn't need activating and in my experience does not glue anything as well as it glues your skin

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Super glue doesn't need activating and in my experience does not glue anything as well as it glues your skin

It needs air, but you are right about it's quality. 🤣. Nightmare.

A Boy Named Crow
17 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Is it woke for gammons to think the term 'Gammon" is racist?

Are Gammons now Woke??

:interehjrling:

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Woke is why we can no longer sing ..oh the hibees are gayyyyy..  was only 2006 this was belted out 

If you were a gay fan at at stadium when the fans were singing this song I can tell you it wasn’t very comfortable . 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

If you were a gay fan at at stadium when the fans were singing this song I can tell you it wasn’t very comfortable . 

Why? Are you a closet Hibby?

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Oh all the insults on this I’ve had that takes the biscuit 🍪 

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Think there has been numerous discussions on this thru the years why most decent people found this chant offensive . 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh all the insults on this I’ve had that takes the biscuit 🍪 

🤣

John Findlay
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Think there has been numerous discussions on this thru the years why most decent people found this chant offensive . 

I guess most of the Hearts support weren't decent people that day.

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I guess most of the Hearts support weren't decent people that day.

Naw just were unaware that it might be offensive to Some I think . 

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Belted it out with gusto along with 20,000+ others. Wouldn't sing it nowadays. Times change.

Do you think we can sing that they’re gammon if we can get it to fit a tune instead? 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Belted it out with gusto along with 20,000+ others. Wouldn't sing it nowadays. Times change.

Well I must have been ahead of the game , even then , dare I say “ woke” 😎 my ex partners nephew used to cringe too when we took him to the matches as well and he was 16 then . 

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I don't think you were woke, James, just gay ;)

E88F3BD8-52FB-4E96-B38E-0F14F9DF4EA7.gif

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Smoked-Glass
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Which is related to Woke.

Times changed but is it for the better?

12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dangerous territory 

Glad I caught him last night. As offensive as ever with some world class card magic thrown in. Ironically, he had a good few rants about the type of pussies that complained about his show. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Glad I caught him last night. As offensive as ever with some world class card magic thrown in. Ironically, he had a good few rants about the type of pussies that complained about his show. 

I saw him a couple of years ago, I thought the act had aged terribly, just another angry, middle aged man, shouting.

He's a talented prestidigitator to be fair, but I don't really care for magicians. I don't think I know anyone who does actually.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I saw him a couple of years ago, I thought the act had aged terribly, just another angry, middle aged man, shouting.

He's a talented prestidigitator to be fair, but I don't really care for magicians. I don't think I know anyone who does actually.

The beauty of opinions and freedom of expression. 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Zico said:

I’ve only seen him on tv . Comedy should only be offensive if it isn’t funny ! If it makes you laugh it’s funny ,

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

They fascinate me . An ex used to do magic tricks , particularly with cards , my credit card ! 😂😂 boom boom 

13 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

"The text highlights that these women were rebels for taking on typically male tasks, and in doing so they adopted a form of male identity." 

From that article, this paragraph is the crux for me. If we stop splitting things like that up by gender then people can just get on with their lives. Rather than feel she had to take on male identity, why not just let her be a badass female. Males don't own those tasks, society just chooses to make it that way. 

33 minutes ago, Taffin said:

"The text highlights that these women were rebels for taking on typically male tasks, and in doing so they adopted a form of male identity." 

From that article, this paragraph is the crux for me. If we stop splitting things like that up by gender then people can just get on with their lives. Rather than feel she had to take on male identity, why not just let her be a badass female. Males don't own those tasks, society just chooses to make it that way. 

I like that. She's not a male. She's a badass female. With attitudes, values and approach that were perceived as "male" against the perceived social norms of the time.

JudyJudyJudy
35 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Rather than feel she had to take on male identity, why not just let her be a badass female. Males don't own those tasks, society just chooses to make it that way. 

Yep but that whats all this gender identity nonsense does. It ascribes stereotypicals roles one MIGHT associate with men or women and those labels a person trans or non binary if they dare to behave outside that role.  Its trans washing of history yet again. They have done it with the Stonewall riots and thats been shot down in flames now. 

21 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dangerous territory 

This is vile. 

The problem with cancel culture is that the bar continually lowers because what someone finds offensive is subjective. 

I've always thought that if you don't like something, vote with your feet. If the person is so egregiously offensive then others will follow and whatever their doing won't be profitable enough to continue. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, OTT said:

I've always thought that if you don't like something, vote with your feet.

Agreed, But the problem is they demand that you be offended too so then insist the person or show is " cancelled".  its getting a massive backlash on social media so hopefully another venue picks him up and says deck you to the Pleasance. The more worrying aspect of it was that the Pleasance director said that it was not the kind of show for the whole of the fringe. Since when did he decide this ? Who the deck does he think he is  ?