European travel thread

The_razors_edge

thehibsareintheirbeds

Confirmation no charter flight big enough for supporters which is a shame but least they've confirmed and explained they tried. 

May just leave it til group stages now

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• The Hogfather

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Don't shoot the messenger... tried to not listen to any rumours flying about, however,  started to stress a bit due to getting into basel at 8pm on the Wednesday. No chance of recouping losses for cancelling.

Fair enough. 

You'll be fine as nothing will change. 

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Tour22 said:

Don't shoot the messenger... tried to not listen to any rumours flying about, however,  started to stress a bit due to getting into basel at 8pm on the Wednesday. No chance of recouping losses for cancelling.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/europa-league-update

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Are there any cheap flight / travel options left for this tie?  The cheapest I can find is flying Newcastle to Milan and then hiring a car and driving up.

3 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Are there any cheap flight / travel options left for this tie?  The cheapest I can find is flying Newcastle to Milan and then hiring a car and driving up.

0640 Thursday Manchester to Basel then train from Basel to St Gallens. 

Gets back to Manchester Friday evening 1850. 

Be quick though as it was £190 Friday now £250.

Edited by mbhmfc

1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

Edinburgh to palma on 17th.palma to memmingen on 18th.dusseldorf weeze on 21st to edinburgh.think about £130ish.added bonus is the whole of August on Deutsche bahn for 9 euros.some german footy on way back as well.

What are the realistic chances of getting a ticket in the fc Zurich end if it is confirmed that we have been tied with them? Would love to go but doubt I will get a ticket for hearts end as a non season ticket holder.

Heartsmad1874
4 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

What are the realistic chances of getting a ticket in the fc Zurich end if it is confirmed that we have been tied with them? Would love to go but doubt I will get a ticket for hearts end as a non season ticket holder.

Don't want to get your hopes up but this is a 20K seater stadium and Zurich's attendance for their home game yesterday against Sion was 13K at their own ground.

High chance Hearts will get as many as they want for this game. 

20 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

you will get a ticket easy in the Hearts end. Anyone that wants to go will get a ticket. They take 10k fans to there games in there own stadium will probably be less at St Gallen stadium 

12 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Don't want to get your hopes up but this is a 20K seater stadium and Zurich's attendance for their home game yesterday against Sion was 13K at their own ground.

Ah right all good, well will wait and see, but if not will try to buy in home end as soon as fixture is confirmed, if not guess I will just watch on the tv :(

bean counter
On 03/08/2022 at 21:38, ericb said:

All right mate, 

I've booked Zurich and st gallen, both can be cancelled free, I'm thinking Tuesday night in Zurich and wed - Fri in st gallen 

How you doing

We have now booked a St Gallen hotel

Flying Edin - Cologne - Zurich then train to St Gallen

Nucky Thompson

Edinburgh - Bari - Milan (Wednesday). Leaves Edinburgh 7am and arrives Milan 15.10pm

Milan - Edinburgh (Saturday), Leaves Milan 15.50pm and arrives Edinburgh 17.20pm

£203 return, then your train fair up to St Gallen 

5 Brussels Hearts by car, stopover in Germany Wednesday night then onto St Gallen, Hostel 40 euros and back Friday

Tuesday- Fly Edinburgh to Dublin then direct flight to Zurich. Train to St Gallen and staying near the train station for 3 nights. Hotel is a 20 min bus ride from the stadium. 
Friday - train to zurich for 7.30am. Train to the airport and then then 10.25 flight to Dublin. Then a flight to Edinburgh getting in around tea time.

Travelling solo as all the guys I was meant to be going with have slowly and surely pulled out. 

42 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Tuesday- Fly Edinburgh to Dublin then direct flight to Zurich. Train to St Gallen and staying near the train station for 3 nights. Hotel is a 20 min bus ride from the stadium. 
Friday - train to zurich for 7.30am. Train to the airport and then then 10.25 flight to Dublin. Then a flight to Edinburgh getting in around tea time.

Travelling solo as all the guys I was meant to be going with have slowly and surely pulled out. 

Fair play! But what a trip planned! 

Famous 1874

Tuesday: fly to Turin from Edinburgh (£34)

Wednesday: head through to Milan and spend the night there (£7)

Thursday: travel from Milan to St Gallen via Zurich (£30)

Friday: travel back to Milan from St Gallen via Zurich (£30)

Saturday: flight back from Milan to Edinburgh (£22)

Have to take into account hotels / air bnb’s but a fairly reasonable trip price wise. Going to attempt to go to both the Allianz Stadium in Turin and the San Siro in Milan on the Wednesday. 

Or I might just travel through to St Gallen on the Wednesday. Undecided. 

Dublin based so Dublin to Zurich - and price ended up about EUR30 less than the cost of Dublin to Edinburgh flight for the home game the following week. Hopefully Ticket Office will facilitate those of us who live far away from Tynecastle and not require we turn up in person! All my mates have slowly pulled out so won’t be able to bring my ticket - and not sure I trust the post to get here on time.

2 minutes ago, IanV said:

Dublin based so Dublin to Zurich - and price ended up about EUR30 less than the cost of Dublin to Edinburgh flight for the home game the following week. Hopefully Ticket Office will facilitate those of us who live far away from Tynecastle and not require we turn up in person! All my mates have slowly pulled out so won’t be able to bring my ticket - and not sure I trust the post to get here on time.

I know on previous trips there have been collection points to pick up tickets on the day off the game from Hearts not sure if it will be the case here 

Heartsmad1874
12 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I know on previous trips there have been collection points to pick up tickets on the day off the game from Hearts not sure if it will be the case here 

Tickets won't be by post for this. I'd imagine you'll be able to buy on e-tickets, sent a email voucher with a specific code to collect over in Zurich/St Gallen with photo ID. Thats certainly how many other British clubs distribute tickets.

Or the ticket will be a mobile ticket/QR code.

Dundee Utd got fortunate that AZ Alkmaar brought tickets with them for their away leg.

Frank Sidebottom

Is anyone planning to head back into Zurich straight after the game or are most people staying in St Gallen?

3 hours ago, IanV said:

Last European away game in Malta, Hearts issued the tickets from a local hotel.

2 hours ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Is anyone planning to head back into Zurich straight after the game or are most people staying in St Gallen?

10 of us staying in St Gallen.

StuttgartJambo1874
20 hours ago, braveheart said:

Edinburgh to palma on 17th.palma to memmingen on 18th.dusseldorf weeze on 21st to edinburgh.think about £130ish.added bonus is the whole of August on Deutsche bahn for 9 euros.some german footy on way back as well.

Hi, 

Just joined here as I've seen this €9 ticket pop up a few times now and wanted to make people aware. 

Yes Deutsche Bahn are running their €9 ticket. But this only covers regional services I.e. the Ubahn, Sbahn etc....and not the ICE trains which are much faster. 

To put it into perspective I'm travelling to Cologne in a few weeks for the Stuttgart game. On the €9 ticket it wld take me roughly 6hrs, on the ICE train jst under 3. I don't want people missing out over any confusion.

For reference, I've been living in Stuttgart for over 8yrs. Oh and I'll be there nxt week, jst over a 2hr drive to St Gallen. Looking forward to seeing you all there :) 

24 minutes ago, StuttgartJambo1874 said:

Hi, 

Just joined here as I've seen this €9 ticket pop up a few times now and wanted to make people aware. 

Yes Deutsche Bahn are running their €9 ticket. But this only covers regional services I.e. the Ubahn, Sbahn etc....and not the ICE trains which are much faster. 

To put it into perspective I'm travelling to Cologne in a few weeks for the Stuttgart game. On the €9 ticket it wld take me roughly 6hrs, on the ICE train jst under 3. I don't want people missing out over any confusion.

For reference, I've been living in Stuttgart for over 8yrs. Oh and I'll be there nxt week, jst over a 2hr drive to St Gallen. Looking forward to seeing you all there :)

Ice,ic and ec trains I think are excluded.will be the same options as a weekend ticket.plan is 7 hours including a couple of changes to Frankfurt on the friday where Frankfurt ll play at night then in cologne by dinnertime on Saturday for fortuna koln v Schalke ll.brother might goto Leverkusen instead.trains might be slightly slower but still a great service compared to uk.

Cameron_hogg

I am currently looking into booking a 50 seater coach picking us up from Basel airport and driving us to st gallen on the 17th and also then returning us to the airport of the 19th Before I booked it I just want to know if would interest anyone, looking to be around 65pp 

Drop me a message on 07481848942

B3D741D8-E6BF-47AA-9BB3-30EF669FBF4E.jpeg

mellors1874
18 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Tuesday: fly to Turin from Edinburgh (£34)

Wednesday: head through to Milan and spend the night there (£7)

Thursday: travel from Milan to St Gallen via Zurich (£30)

Friday: travel back to Milan from St Gallen via Zurich (£30)

Saturday: flight back from Milan to Edinburgh (£22)

Have to take into account hotels / air bnb’s but a fairly reasonable trip price wise. Going to attempt to go to both the Allianz Stadium in Turin and the San Siro in Milan on the Wednesday. 

Or I might just travel through to St Gallen on the Wednesday. Undecided. 

How are u doing the Milan to at gallen part mate can't seem to find anything in that price range or available 

Famous 1874
13 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

How are u doing the Milan to at gallen part mate can't seem to find anything in that price range or available 

Milan to Zurich (either by Bus or train) and then Zurich to St Gallen by Train mate. 

Bus is 4 hours and a bit to Zurich from Milan. Train is 3 hours and a bit. 

Train is 1 hour to 1 hour 15 from Zurich to St Gallen

mellors1874
34 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Milan to Zurich (either by Bus or train) and then Zurich to St Gallen by Train mate. 

Bus is 4 hours and a bit to Zurich from Milan. Train is 3 hours and a bit. 

Train is 1 hour to 1 hour 15 from Zurich to St Gallen

Cheers mate will check it out never know may have a few jambos on your trip to Italy lol

36 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Flixbus or Trainline for bus or train. Unsure if there are better websites available. Anyone know?

Have you looked at the Trenitalia website? Cheapest one way ticket from Milano Centrale to Zurich seems to be 46 euros. 

Trained One
11 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

Me and some pals were having a debate do you think it’s appropriate to wear a kilt on a hearts trip?

After the chaffing in Braga I would avoid.  

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

Me and some pals were having a debate do you think it’s appropriate to wear a kilt on a hearts trip?

Go for it.

48 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

Get yersel doon tae the club shop. 😄

This 👇 fella's ragin'. "Who're you lookin' at?" 🤭

Screenshot_20220809-213842_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

On 08/08/2022 at 20:15, Official_AB said:

Edinburgh > Brussels > Zurich (Wednesday)

Zurich - Edinburgh (Saturday)

The exact reverse for me😉

12 hours ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Assuming it’s an early kickoff, that’s my plan.
Added - trains from the station near the stadium back to Z

82AAE5FD-FC9F-40CF-B37E-82146055A15B.png

Edited by Elljay

Doctor FinnBarr
On 08/08/2022 at 17:13, braveheart said:

Oh aye, getting the x hundred miles from memmingen to Weeze should be easy,

Famous 1874
4 hours ago, stirlo said:

Have you looked at the Trenitalia website? Cheapest one way ticket from Milano Centrale to Zurich seems to be 46 euros. 

Thanks mate. Based on the travel times. Thinking about getting an AM bus to Zurich on the Thursday and then back to Milan on the Friday. 

My mate has had his holidays knocked back for next week. I have a flight up for grabs that would just require a name change.

Flying from Edinburgh, Tuesday @ 7:05pm direct to Zurich and return is 7:30am on the Friday flying from Zurich to Edinburgh via Brussels. 

Paid £300 - open to offers👍🏻 

Edited by CSincs21

6 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Flixbus or Trainline for bus or train. Unsure if there are better websites available. Anyone know?

Best site for train info/tickets in any European country is https://www.seat61.com/

You can search any routes by city/region/country etc. The 'guide to train travel in Europe' drop down box has everything from timetables to specific info for each country. 

Edited by ADAM

2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Oh aye, getting the x hundred miles from memmingen to Weeze should be easy,

Train every hour.unless theres a uk train strike it should be.

That thing you do
On 08/08/2022 at 12:30, Heartsmad1874 said:

AZ only sold 5k for United visit but dutch police not allowing any more sales to United fans. Club tried several times. But legally you cant buy without an AZ clubcard bought in july.

Might not be so easy, even if logic is let more in make more money

United allocated 1.3k but 2k plus are travelling 

StevenNaismith
12 hours ago, CSincs21 said:

My mate has had his holidays knocked back for next week. I have a flight up for grabs that would just require a name change.

Flying from Edinburgh, Tuesday @ 7:05pm direct to Zurich and return is 7:30am on the Friday flying from Zurich to Edinburgh via Brussels. 

Paid £300 - open to offers👍🏻 

Is this still available? Mate of mine who isn’t on kickback is looking for flights.

Frank Sidebottom
17 hours ago, Elljay said:

Assuming it’s an early kickoff, that’s my plan.
Added - trains from the station near the stadium back to Z

82AAE5FD-FC9F-40CF-B37E-82146055A15B.png

cheers, we are going back into Zurich after the game as we’re on the early flight back to Edinburgh on Friday. 

Had presumed we would need to back to St Gallen main station. What station are you getting those trains from?

1 hour ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

cheers, we are going back into Zurich after the game as we’re on the early flight back to Edinburgh on Friday. 

Had presumed we would need to back to St Gallen main station. What station are you getting those trains from?

the suburban station 600 metres from the stadium in St Gallen🤞  - look it up on Google earth

It should’ve been 12!

Assuming it’s Zurich does anyone know where best in Edinburgh to buy/order Swiss Francs or what is everyone doing currency wise/card? Thanks