Broadband/TV provider

Jambomuzz

Hey everyone, probably a little cheeky of me to post up, but if it saves a couple jambos some money and helps me out then I’m chancing it lol. I work for virgin media, if your not currently a virgin media customer and are thinking of swapping providers, drop me a message and I will be able to get you mates rates (around 20%) off various deals. Usually everything from broadband only, to the full works! A lot of deals now include 02 SIM cards for further savings if already on a sim only deal aswell. 
just get in touch with a wee PM and I’ll sort you all out. 

1 hour ago, Jambomuzz said:

Hey everyone, probably a little cheeky of me to post up, but if it saves a couple jambos some money and helps me out then I’m chancing it lol. I work for virgin media, if your not currently a virgin media customer and are thinking of swapping providers, drop me a message and I will be able to get you mates rates (around 20%) off various deals. Usually everything from broadband only, to the full works! A lot of deals now include 02 SIM cards for further savings if already on a sim only deal aswell. 

Would have been handy 2 months ago!

Ahhh that’s unfortunate. Bad timing. When you come to switch / renew at the end of your contract your welcome to drop me a message. I don’t believe there’s a limit on how many people I can sign up through mates rates!
If your an existing customer and have someone else in your property that could effectively open a “new account” that’s always an option aswell. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 hours ago, Jambomuzz said:

What can you do for the loyal customer who has paid in thousands of pounds over many years? 😉 

JudyJudyJudy
42 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I’m trying to get rid of Shell broadband. No interest in TV or phone, although do have a landline if that’s cheaper. How quickly can VM install from ordering?

I now have a good VM internet deal.  £23 per month.  No tv or phone. 

3 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

What can you do for the loyal customer who has paid in thousands of pounds over many years? 😉 

Other than get you to switch to your partners name, to get on a new customer deal, not very much unfortunately 😭.

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

I’m trying to get rid of Shell broadband. No interest in TV or phone, although do have a landline if that’s cheaper. How quickly can VM install from ordering?

although I’m a field engineer and do the installing, I don’t schedule the appointments unfortunately. This is something you can discuss on the phone though? I wouldn’t imagine it’s much longer than 1/2 weeks. You can usually select the installation date. It may depend on whether or not your property has had Virgin in the past and whether they need to have a fresh cable ran from the street outside your house. If your able to PM me a few details such as your address and post code I’ll do a check to see if your able to receive the services . 

1 hour ago, DarthVodka said:

My broadband runs out soon, I don’t think VM are in my area though 

Again, drop me a Pm with your address and postcode and I can easily check for you! 

8 hours ago, Jambomuzz said:

Ahhh that’s unfortunate. Bad timing. When you come to switch / renew at the end of your contract your welcome to drop me a message. I don’t believe there’s a limit on how many people I can sign up through mates rates!
If your an existing customer and have someone else in your property that could effectively open a “new account” that’s always an option aswell. 

Cheers bud

3 hours ago, Jambomuzz said:

although I’m a field engineer and do the installing, I don’t schedule the appointments unfortunately. This is something you can discuss on the phone though? I wouldn’t imagine it’s much longer than 1/2 weeks. You can usually select the installation date. It may depend on whether or not your property has had Virgin in the past and whether they need to have a fresh cable ran from the street outside your house. If your able to PM me a few details such as your address and post code I’ll do a check to see if your able to receive the services . 

Whilst its nothing to do with op I agreed a deal over the phone last week.

When email came confirming details the figures were all higher than agreed.

Phoned salesman and he said he couldn't cancel ,I'd have to go through cancellations.

Every time I phoned I was put on hold for 15/30 minutes before they hung up.

Customer services were no help either.

As I said nothing to do with Op and maybe I was just unlucky...

1 hour ago, sinks said:

Whilst its nothing to do with op I agreed a deal over the phone last week.

When email came confirming details the figures were all higher than agreed.

Phoned salesman and he said he couldn't cancel ,I'd have to go through cancellations.

Every time I phoned I was put on hold for 15/30 minutes before they hung up.

Customer services were no help either.

As I said nothing to do with Op and maybe I was just unlucky...

It sounds like you have been unlucky, they shouldn’t be agreeing deals and then putting prices up. If you do get it cancelled, which you definitely should, if you still want to try again I can Defos send your details in for mates rates. I have access to most of the deals currently on offer and can give you an idea of what’s available and for what cost before proceeding. 

8 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

It sounds like you have been unlucky, they shouldn’t be agreeing deals and then putting prices up. If you do get it cancelled, which you definitely should, if you still want to try again I can Defos send your details in for mates rates. I have access to most of the deals currently on offer and can give you an idea of what’s available and for what cost before proceeding. 

Hey JM,as I said not your fault but bear in mind if you turn up at my door on 6/9 with a bag of screwdrivers and a masonry drill you'll be told to GTF 🤣

35 minutes ago, sinks said:

Hey JM,as I said not your fault but bear in mind if you turn up at my door on 6/9 with a bag of screwdrivers and a masonry drill you'll be told to GTF 🤣

I’m in Glasgow, Defos won’t be me thankfully 😂😂

17 hours ago, jonesy said:

Cheers will do so after work.

Tried to drop you a PM but think your inbox might be full! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/08/2022 at 14:20, Jambomuzz said:

Other than get you to switch to your partners name, to get on a new customer deal, not very much unfortunately 😭.

Would that really work? Same surname and bank account? 😂

34 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Would that really work? Same surname and bank account? 😂

I’m not sure regarding same bank account… but my pal cancelled his wife’s account. Was given the termination date. I sent over his details and he got a call the same day and he took an account out in his name and set installation for the day/day after his wife’s termination date. I never asked if he used a seperate bank account. I assume he probably did though!

14 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

I’m not sure regarding same bank account… but my pal cancelled his wife’s account. Was given the termination date. I sent over his details and he got a call the same day and he took an account out in his name and set installation for the day/day after his wife’s termination date. I never asked if he used a seperate bank account. I assume he probably did though!

That's pretty awesome. I could make a different bank account work with easily.

This could save me an insane amount without having to switch back to Sky and put up with openreache's crumby broadband. 

46 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

That's pretty awesome. I could make a different bank account work with easily.

This could save me an insane amount without having to switch back to Sky and put up with openreache's crumby broadband. 

Well drop me a message and I’ll see what I can do for you :) 

Do The Dance
9 hours ago, Jambomuzz said:

https://www.virginmediapartners.com/familyandfriends/share/MRL483369275

If anyones still looking can get the mates rates deals through the above link 👌

Hi mate, can cancel my sky contract in a months time so will look to use your discount then. Hopefully still works then. 👍

1 hour ago, Jambomuzz said:

Well drop me a message and I’ll see what I can do for you :) 

Contracts not up until December, I'm just planning ahead in my mind. I'll get in touch nearer the time 👍

11 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

Hi mate, can cancel my sky contract in a months time so will look to use your discount then. Hopefully still works then. 👍

Remember most companies require 30 days notice or so for cancelling. So if your contracts up next month it might be worth phoning now!

Do The Dance
3 hours ago, Jambomuzz said:

Remember most companies require 30 days notice or so for cancelling. So if your contracts up next month it might be worth phoning now!

👍🏻 Ive given sky notice, its a bit longer than 30 days, but can start the process. Does the top volt option for £68 a month mean I still need to pay a further £25 a month to O2 (making total £93), or is that included in the £68? Not particularly clear. I'd like the top package with Netflix etc, but not fussed for a sim, so not wanting to pay an extra £25.

6 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

Or is there anyway to get that top tv/broadband package without the O2 sim?

Sorry just picking this up, had an absolutely brutal day in work lol. 
i believe the £25 o2 sim is included as part of the £68 bundle. However at the end of the contract it would then be a seperate cost of £25 per month.

i don’t think there’s a way to get that package without the sim. If you’d like to speak to the friends and family sales team I can get them to call you. What you see online is only really what I have access too but they would be able to break down the packages a bit better and answer the questions. PM me your name, contact number and address if you’d like me to send it over. Your under no obligation to take a package out there and then 

Do The Dance
23 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

i believe the £25 o2 sim is included as part of the £68 bundle. However at the end of the contract it would then be a seperate cost of £25 per month.

i don’t think there’s a way to get that package without the sim. If you’d like to speak to the friends and family sales team I can get them to call you. What you see online is only really what I have access too but they would be able to break down the packages a bit better and answer the questions. PM me your name, contact number and address if you’d like me to send it over. Your under no obligation to take a package out there and then 

If the £25 is included then that is a fantastic offer. I'll pm you my details. Cheers.

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

I've got half gig broadband with oomph! Unlimited data, minutes and SMS on a sim card, the contract just ran out.

They've been trying to push me into 1 gig with the O2 SIM for the same price, I've had loads of calls about it. But I'm quite happy with my current SIM, I don't want an external SIM contract and a half gig's fine. Will I be able to keep my deal going although the contract's up?

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I've got half gig broadband with oomph! Unlimited data, minutes and SMS on a sim card, the contract just ran out.

They've been trying to push me into 1 gig with the O2 SIM for the same price, I've had loads of calls about it. But I'm quite happy with my current SIM, I don't want an external SIM contract and a half gig's fine. Will I be able to keep my deal going although the contract's up?

I don’t see why you can’t keep the same package as your currently on, I would expect that your monthly cost will have increased though? Usually it does after the initial contract is up.
 I would imagine that you would just now  be on a rolling 30 day contract untill you decide to leave or change package. 

• 3 weeks later...

When I renewed my VM contract in May it came with an o2 sim with unlimited everything at an extra £25 per month. This was way more than I needed or wanted so I contacted o2 via a web chat and reduced my sim deal to £12 a month for 10GB of data and unlimited minutes and texts. 

43 minutes ago, Cheile said:

When I renewed my VM contract in May it came with an o2 sim with unlimited everything at an extra £25 per month. This was way more than I needed or wanted so I contacted o2 via a web chat and reduced my sim deal to £12 a month for 10GB of data and unlimited minutes and texts. 

And Virgin still honour their end of it?

My contract with VM runs out this month, spoke to them on Friday, the guy never gave me much of a chance on the phone just offered me Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Cinema Collection, Sky Sports HD Pack, Kids Pick, TV 360 Mini Box, Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD, Netflix Standard.

Volt M600 Fibre Broadband.

Phone (Landline) Line Rental & Talk More Anytime.

For £70 per month with a £35 One Off Charge. (18 month contract).

They also changed my mobile contract to O2 (unlimited everything for £25 per month).

I've been with them for as long as I can remember, my mobile was on a 15g contract for years and I've never went over it.

I'm hoping I can change my mobile contract to £12 a month for 12g which can be doubled if you have Broadband ect with VM giving me 24g which will be more than enough.

On 05/09/2022 at 22:50, maroondevo52 said:

My contract with VM runs out this month, spoke to them on Friday, the guy never gave me much of a chance on the phone just offered me Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Cinema Collection, Sky Sports HD Pack, Kids Pick, TV 360 Mini Box, Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD, Netflix Standard.

Volt M600 Fibre Broadband.

Phone (Landline) Line Rental & Talk More Anytime.

For £70 per month with a £35 One Off Charge. (18 month contract).

They also changed my mobile contract to O2 (unlimited everything for £25 per month).

I've been with them for as long as I can remember, my mobile was on a 15g contract for years and I've never went over it.

I'm hoping I can change my mobile contract to £12 a month for 12g which can be doubled if you have Broadband ect with VM giving me 24g which will be more than enough.

To be fair that does sound like quite a good deal, is the £25 sim on top of the £70 a month? Or included? If it’s included your not going to get a much better deal than that. 

On 05/09/2022 at 12:59, Cheile said:

I got offered this and took it too, but I cancelled within 14 days. I used to get the same from Virgin for free with my broadband so I was replacing what I had, I just don't see the value in it costing 25 quid.

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I got offered this and took it too, but I cancelled within 14 days. I used to get the same from Virgin for free with my broadband so I was replacing what I had, I just don't see the value in it costing 25 quid.

I did wonder about this too. They are separate contracts so couldn't you just cancel the 02 side if it and keep cheap Virgin.

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I did wonder about this too. They are separate contracts so couldn't you just cancel the 02 side if it and keep cheap Virgin.

That's what I did. They might have merged but I think they're still separate, the O2 dude couldn't tell me anything about my Virgin stuff.

4 hours ago, Jambomuzz said:

To be fair that does sound like quite a good deal, is the £25 sim on top of the £70 a month? Or included? If it’s included your not going to get a much better deal than that. 

The £25 was on top of the £70, I have changed the O2 to a £12 per month for 12gb but this should be changed to 24gb as I have the VM Broadband, I'm still waiting on the VM stuff to come.

• 2 months later...

Some good broadband only deals going about at the moment, no set up fee, 350 mb broadband for £21.50 pm as an example. 
also if your already an 02 customer you would get 500mb for the same price! 

drop me a message if you’d like me to mates rates refer you 👌loads of other deals on at the moment aswell.