• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

34 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Heres a quandary. Its my daughters bloody bday party. Arranged pre fixture announcement.  Ill see the first half before 10 wee lassies arrive to be taken up the toon.

So how do i likely lads the game? I dont have sky. I usually watch on the sky app wi my dads login.  How do i somehow record the game for later??????

Gather the wee lassies round the TV. Dish out fizzy juice and cake and teach them Hearts songs. Just pretend it's all part of the party.

It's my niece's birthday today, so feeling your pain. 

Edited by Homme

Fire_At_The_Disco
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Its a longshot but perhaps my only one!!

Get your dad to record it from the sky box, then you can download and watch on sky go I think 🤷🏻‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Homme said:

Gather the wee lassies round the TV. Dish out fizzy juice and cake and teach them Hearts songs. Just pretend it's all part of the party.

It's my niece's birthday today, so feeling your pain. 

42 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Heres a quandary. Its my daughters bloody bday party. Arranged pre fixture announcement.  Ill see the first half before 10 wee lassies arrive to be taken up the toon.

So how do i likely lads the game? I dont have sky. I usually watch on the sky app wi my dads login.  How do i somehow record the game for later??????

you’re sorted lads. Just take them all to the same venue, claim it’s been double booked and then you can take it in turns to watch the game/pass on key info whilst the other one gets flayed alive by all their female relatives and acquaintances for the monumental party disaster. Worth it. 

Horatio Caine

I hate all this arrogant chat about how many we're going to put past them etc.  It's a recipe for coming back to bite us.

I always believe Hibs will get beaten, no matter who they're playing.  But when it comes to the Derby, I get very nervous and today is no different.  They'll be well up for it, you can guarantee and if there's even a hint of complacency in our ranks, we'll pay for it big time.  So let's lose the `it'll be a rout` chat and just concentrate on how the match really plays out.

2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I hate all this arrogant chat about how many we're going to put past them etc.  It's a recipe for coming back to bite us.

I always believe Hibs will get beaten, no matter who they're playing.  But when it comes to the Derby, I get very nervous and today is no different.  They'll be well up for it, you can guarantee and if there's even a hint of complacency in our ranks, we'll pay for it big time.  So let's lose the `it'll be a rout` chat and just concentrate on how the match really plays out.

I agree.  No way we will score more than 8 against them today.    Just a tight 6-0 victory with a Shankland double in the first 10 mins.

58 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

58 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Download the app and watch on the bus

Do loan signings go through quicker than transfers?? I see Clarkson from Liverpool joined Aberdeen yesterday and he played yesterday. So could Boyle play??

38 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Forest to score 2 Hallett the 3rd.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Winning Edinburgh derbies is in our ****ing DNA.

We've got this.

This is your best ever post on this board.

Will be watching it from Grandee McDonells Golf de Sur Tenerife. Hope my flight back tomorrow is a guid one!! 3-1 Jambos, Shankland & Forrest to get on the scoresheet. Halliday to feature at some point, he seems to excel against this mob! 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

I’m just having my breakfast then I’ll be getting ready to head to the pub, then the The Chad Valley Arena…..confidence level High. Ken what I fancy us to fekin rout them bad. 

PHM would be having this for breakfast:

9375B071-629F-4573-BB12-77804B41C92D.jpeg

SectionDJambo
48 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I agree.

We should win if things don't go against us, like a soft red card or a couple of in match injuries. Remember how they tried to kick us off the park at Hampden, with the same referee allowing it to go on for too long.

We'll certainly have to play better and with more intensity than the first half last week. I'm optimistic, but not arrogantly sure of victory.

43 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Have to agree. I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to the derby and glad when they are over. Reading the chat, nothing wrong with be confident, but that shower will be well up for it today make no mistake. 

We need to be on it from the first whistle, our slow starts  could be our undoing otherwise. I think it will be a close game and not much between the teams on the day.

20 hours ago, 1953 said:

I wish I was as optimistic as most on this thread. It's a derby after all and they don't always go the way they're meant to. We need to be at it from the first whistle. Lets not give them any kind of a start please!

The stats would suggest they usually go our way 

10 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Have to agree. I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to the derby and glad when they are over. Reading the chat, nothing wrong with be confident, but that shower will be well up for it today make no mistake. 

We need to be on it from the first whistle, our slow starts  could be our undoing otherwise. I think it will be a close game and not much between the teams on the day.

Agree with this. I fear today will be the day that slow starts beats us. They will be giving it 100% from the whistle and probably give McKay a few kicks early on. 

38 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This is your best ever post on this board.

LOL, that's no exactly difficult 😁

27 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Discount their last minute win at St J that they played awful in and they’ve had a pretty poor start to the season.

This is not a game for us to be starting slow and I’d be really disappointed if we let them settle early and get a foothold. They are there to be beat and if we score first they might well crumble and give up a few goals. That’s what Celtic would do and what Rangers would do when playing a vulnerable team away. There is no justifiable reason for us to do any different.

Edited by JimmyCant

Ronald Villiers
2 hours ago, Biffa Bacon said:

When rather than if Ricardo. The lad Newell is a constant thug, ref needs to be on top of situation. 

Looking forward to seeing Grant up against him.  Get the impression Grant likes a tasty tackle.  

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I'm in Blackpool with my daughter this weekend, on Sunday at the pool for 3 hours between 12-1500.

I'll miss everything. 

I've came to terms with it. 

Also in Egypt over New year, I miss the new year derby. 

Tragic. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Fire_At_The_Disco
39 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

PHM would be having this for breakfast:

9375B071-629F-4573-BB12-77804B41C92D.jpeg

Mate it’s all about where and when , full Scottish then onto a nice Hearts friendly private establishment boozer. 

6BA613A7-83C4-4791-8D8D-278348001287.jpeg

allystrachan

I don’t think hibs are going to be as bad as people are making them out to be. That being said, we should have too much for them & come home with the 3 points. 
This game is all about us applying ourself, having the right attitude & taking our chances when they arrive. Turn up thinking we have won before the game starts is a recipient for disaster. Hibs will be up for this game after last year, so we better be up for it too. 

1 hour ago, dougal said:

Do loan signings go through quicker than transfers?? I see Clarkson from Liverpool joined Aberdeen yesterday and he played yesterday. So could Boyle play??

He’ll need to have his work permit renewed surely ?

RudiSkacel51

Sky Sports Football has had classic Edinburgh derbies on all morning, decent viewing 👍

7 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Mate it’s all about where and when , full Scottish then onto a nice Hearts friendly private establishment boozer. 

6BA613A7-83C4-4791-8D8D-278348001287.jpeg

"Hearts friendly private establishment boozer" 

Do any of these exist in the Pilton area? 

[I had planned to do my usual thing of listening to it on the radio.] 

We will come flying our the traps to day 

How ever we set up it seems likely that we will have some one of the quality of Boyce Forrest or Grant on the bench

If Kingsley and Devlin are fit we are in a good place because we are a really good team when every one is fit but missing three players of the quality of Beni Devlin and KIngsley would hurt any team in our division out side of the big quality filled squads in Glasgow 

Away from home, so a point will be a decent return.

Will make JKB more fun for a while as well.

Expecting a very tough game totally ruined by an incompetent arsehole on the whistle unfortunately. Standard SPFL fare these days. . . 🥺

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Expecting a very tough game totally ruined by an incompetent arsehole on the whistle unfortunately. Standard SPFL fare these days. . . 🥺

A point.... 😳   mon the 3 points and another derby debut hero,,, forrest or shankland 👍

Jambos_1874

They always start strongly in derbies and I just hope we can weather the storm a bit without conceding, and then absolutely obliterate them. Really hope Robbie's gone for an attacking line up today.

Holyrood_Hearts

Say this repeatedly but we have to start well today. All too often (excluding the SC semi final) we take 45 mins to get going.  

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

They always start strongly in derbies and I just hope we can weather the storm a bit without conceding, and then absolutely obliterate them. Really hope Robbie's gone for an attacking line up today.

Just now, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Say this repeatedly but we have to start well today. All too often (excluding the SC semi final) we take 45 mins to get going.  

Spot on guys. 

LETS GO RIGHT FROM THE START!!!!

Dennis Reynolds

In hospitality for this one. More hungover than I intended. No pints till 11am. Into them from the first minute today. No ****ing mercy.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

A point will be OK. 

We can win this tho. 

7iar incoming either way. 

If we concede a goal and/ or don't win by about 3 jkb will be fun. 

Look at the state of some after last weeks 2-1 win. 

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Get your Dad to record the match on his SkyQ and head over tonight to watch the 2nd half with him?

RudiSkacel51

People saying a point would be decent? For them maybe. We have more than enough to pump this mob.

Horatio Caine

Derbies have a habit of producing unlikely matchwinners.  Will we have one today?  I have a wee sneaky feeling that our Euan Henderson may just come off the bench to be a hero.

Just now, Horatio Caine said:

Derbies have a habit of producing unlikely matchwinners.  Will we have one today?  I have a wee sneaky feeling that our Euan Henderson may just come off the bench to be a hero.

I would love that for the laddie. Has always looked like a confidence boost would do him the world of good. He's got the ability. 

6 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Would love a Hearts win but can sense a 0-0.  Seen so many over the years.

A draw is a more statistically common result than a Hibs win right enough but the most common out come is a Hearts victory 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Shankland arrives today.