***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm not so sure. I can see him coming on in the second half 

He’s our number 9 and was brought in to score goals. He’ll play from the start.

But I think Boyce will too.

4-2-3-1:

Gordon 

Smith 

Halkett 

Rowles

Kingsley/Cochrane 

Haring 

Devlin/Grant

Mckay

Boyce

Forrest 

Shankland

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

All roads lead to Gorgie

Shankland to score two tomorrow. Forrest to score again and a free kick special from either McKay or Kingsley if fit. Get into them Hearts!!!

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Still think it's got shitey draw written all over it though.

Nothing surer. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Think he will get off the mark tomorrow, competitively tbh.

Still think it's got shitey draw written all over it though.

I feel you could be right, sadly. I can see McKay being targeted for some rough stuff but hopefully we have the qualities to overcome that in head to heads!!!

We have Craig Gordon. We will create chances. We need to boss the midfield and we will.

I think Forrest for some reason will be huge tomorrow 

28 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

He’s our number 9 and was brought in to score goals. He’ll play from the start.

But I think Boyce will too.

4-2-3-1:

Gordon 

Smith 

Halkett 

Rowles

Kingsley/Cochrane 

Haring 

Devlin/Grant

Mckay

Boyce

Forrest 

Shankland

I think if Kingsley is fit Cochrane would be very unlucky to lose out after last weeks performance. He might play Kingsley at CB instead of Rowles ,early days for a derby for him .Grant instead of Boyce for his passing, and Boyce to come on around 60 when Shankland is gassed

3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I feel you could be right, sadly. I can see McKay being targeted for some rough stuff but hopefully we have the qualities to overcome that in head to heads!!!

they are thugs. Said it before that their game plan will be to clatter him and Forrest. It’s what they do. That and cheat. And mind when they went 1-0 up at Tynecastle their time wasting after they scored early. Miraculously that ended when we went ahead

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

they are thugs. Said it before that their game plan will be to clatter him and Forrest. It’s what they do. That and cheat. And mind when they went 1-0 up at Tynecastle their time wasting after they scored early. Miraculously that ended when we went ahead

They do thuggery with flair though. It's the hibs way. 

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

They do thuggery with flair though. It's the hibs way. 

Fluggery

its the hibs  way 😳

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I’m more nervous about this one because I know nothing about them, usually we know what we’re up against but they seem to add a new player every day to their massive squad. I know one thing if we give Cadden the freedom of Easter Road he causes us problems, Porteous is a cheating dick and gets away with murder in these games and they have a better keeper than normal…. 40 years so many victories and I’m always nervous for these games

Could not have put it any better mate.

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Fluggery

its the hibs  way 😳

They're an ugly lot for sure

Aussie Jambo
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Pre derby nerves have hit me big time. I don’t think this will be as easy as we think. They are crap but the Boyle signing may give them a bit of a boost. We need to be on the top of our game. 

Forget Boyle. He’ll get sacked by Rowles if he even plays. Can’t see he would be match fit for this one. I’m not worried in the slightest. Watch the highlights of the hobos last week. They were terrible. We will be totally up for this and they won’t know what hit them. 

Mon the JTs 

I’ll be on the sauce in 6 hours so I’ll be nuggets for kick off. 

Love the derby games. When yer pals split between maroon & green then the bragging rights. 

I’m still going for 3-4 goals for us. They won’t know what hit them. 

Be positive fellow Jambos. Itsin the bag. 

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Forget Boyle. He’ll get sacked by Rowles if he even plays. Can’t see he would be match fit for this one. I’m not worried in the slightest. Watch the highlights of the hobos last week. They were terrible. We will be totally up for this and they won’t know what hit them. 

Mon the JTs 

I’ll be on the sauce in 6 hours so I’ll be nuggets for kick off. 

Love the derby games. When yer pals split between maroon & green then the bragging rights. 

I’m still going for 3-4 goals for us. They won’t know what hit them. 

Be positive fellow Jambos. Itsin the bag. 

God,I hope so mate!!!

Graham Thomson

I just wish Robbie would play 4231 that in my opinion is our best formation, no gaps in the wide area for diagonal balls, 2 holding midfielders,  also has to find room in the team for Boyce, scored 16 goals with poor service, play him behind Shankland, we hammer Hibs with that formation, solid at the back, goals and pace in final third. 

Graham Thomson
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

You do realise he was ill in the week?

He got roasted in the cup final, not the finished article yet. 

2 hours ago, lost in space said:

What a sad post. So much angst. I hope you are OK.

So, no appology for getting found out posting nonsense?

Graham Thomson
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Graham Thomson

It's funny looking at all the teams most of us picked, formation was 4231 which makes complete sense, but we know Robbie will play 541 ahem!!! Sorry 343 

With Shankland on his own !! 

Aussie Jambo
23 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

God,I hope so mate!!!

God is Mr Shankland 

The lucky bag hobo team will be in pieces. I’m so very confident with this. Still haven’t put my bet on yet. Always first player to score. I’m thinking McKay & Shankland anytime will be easy money. 

FTH  HHGH 

11 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

I just wish Robbie would play 4231 that in my opinion is our best formation, no gaps in the wide area for diagonal balls, 2 holding midfielders,  also has to find room in the team for Boyce, scored 16 goals with poor service, play him behind Shankland, we hammer Hibs with that formation, solid at the back, goals and pace in final third. 

I feel we're better with a back four. Halkett is better in a three. I reckon Sibbick starts in a back three. Worryingly there is a brain fart or two in his game.

Famous 1874
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

😂😂

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a loser. 

Should always be beating that shower of shite. I want to beat 22 in a row. 

Ricardo Quaresma
12 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a loser. 

Should always be beating that shower of shite. I want to beat 22 in a row. 

Maybe he’s laughing because it’s always ‘must  win’  😄

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Graham Thomson said:

As did Cochrane, that was the tactics unfortunately for those two. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Graham Thomson said:

It's funny looking at all the teams most of us picked, formation was 4231 which makes complete sense, but we know Robbie will play 541 ahem!!! Sorry 343 

With Shankland on his own !! 

Agreed 

Watt-Zeefuik
17 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Are you including cup games? Up until February we’d only scored in the opening 10 mins in 5 league matches.  

I think people mean in nature of performance from the start.   We’ve always got the players there that can do something in the moment and that’s more proven when we actually settle down and begin to turn the screw more.

Again, I’m not really huge on stats and going to pick Hearts up on it. The early parts of matches tend to be tight and maybe you see less goals in general than other periods? People just become uneasy at regular, cagey starts. 👍🏻

Sorry, I've had a couple glasses of wine and this is doing my head in.  Normally I suppress my data scientist side on here but I can't right now. Let's break this down for a sec.

London Hearts says that last season we scored 54 goals in 38 games (a total no manager other than Robbie has surpassed since 05-06, I must add), for a strike rate of 1.42 goals per game. Break the 90 minute game into 10 minute increments, and that's .158 goals per 10 minutes.

Over 38 games, given that strike rate, the expected number of goals for any given 10 minute stretch of clock is . . . right at 6 goals per game. So if we'd hit 5 goals inside 10 minutes already by February, it means our squad last year was exceptionally good at goals in the first 10 minutes compared to our season strike rate. (And once more, our season strike rate was one of our best in the top flight in 16 years.)

- Dilbert by Scott Adams

6 hours ago, frankblack said:

You must have missed the psychic physicians on here who diagnosed him as healthy from the stands.

On 30/07/2022 at 22:53, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Speak for yourself re the kick off time! 12 noon in Scotland is 9pm out here. Can't wait for next Sunday night.

2-0 the famous - Boyce with both

Aye! Speak for himself is true. 5.00am where I am🤦‍♂️🤬. But. I will be there. With bells on!

54 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Aye! Speak for himself is true. 5.00am where I am🤦‍♂️🤬. But. I will be there. With bells on!

My nightmare kick off.  11.00pm and honestly I'm a bit worried.  Might sleep throuh it to avoid real time disappoinment.  Don't forget they ran Falkirk close and gave Morton a real run for their money.

Formidable oponents.

Agent Jambo will be worried sick.

Too hyped up for this game. That’s me up but maybe a bit early to start playing the Hearts song full blast. Coffee, toast and watch some old derby day delights to get the juices flowing.

C’mon the JTs’ let’s smash them today. Keep on the front foot for the full 90 and let’s make them suffer some more. 
🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by SMJ_1874

Independence
1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Too hyped up for this game. That’s me up but maybe a bit early to start playing the Hearts song full blast. Coffee, toast and watch some old derby day delights to get the juices flowing.

C’mon the JTs’ let’s smash them today. Keep on the front foot for the full 90 and let’s make them suffer some more. 
🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

This. Come on the JT’s. 

1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

I am just headed to my kip for about 6 hrs of so. Not all sleeping. Up at 4.45am to tune in the game on Hearts TV. Getting pumped up masell!

6 hours ago, merrymac said:

I think if Kingsley is fit Cochrane would be very unlucky to lose out after last weeks performance. He might play Kingsley at CB instead of Rowles ,early days for a derby for him .Grant instead of Boyce for his passing, and Boyce to come on around 60 when Shankland is gassed

Rowles is a full International who has played in far bigger games than an Edinbirgh Derby, and you think he won't be ready for it? 

Jambo4Life1981

Looking forward to the game, been up for an hour already can't wait to get to easter road. Reckon 2-0 to us (Shankland and Forrest) 

FTH

Most Hibs fans I've spoken to at work aren't looking forward to the game because, in their words, they are pish. 

Form usually goes out the window in these games and it instead becomes a battle. Hibs have booted us off the park in recent derbies and gotten away with it - but still lost :) I hope we are aggressive and powerful in our play both in and out of possession, go out there and scud them.

Probably won't go the way I envisage.  I reckon Hibs will come out the traps flying whilst we try to contain them until the game settles down, it's how Robbie ually approaches big games (not a dig). I still fancy us to win IF we are positive in our play.

Boring, negative Hearts who shell it long to the sole striker - 0-0.

Positive Hearts playing the way our squad naturally wants to play then...

Hibernian 0-2 Heart of Midlothian

Easy! :lol:

Dick Dastardly
4 hours ago, Canscot said:

It's 6.52 here now, the game must nearly be finished where you are. No spoilers please. 

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's nights like this is in the Antipodes when it's just magical to be a Jambo.

It’s not just the nights KD. Every day is magical to be a Jambo. A feeling the hobos will never experience. FTH

KyleLafferty

Them bringing out Boyle before the game will get the home crowd going and will bring a frantic start. Which we need to control and slow the game right down.

Heres a quandary. Its my daughters bloody bday party. Arranged pre fixture announcement.  Ill see the first half before 10 wee lassies arrive to be taken up the toon.

So how do i likely lads the game? I dont have sky. I usually watch on the sky app wi my dads login.  How do i somehow record the game for later??????

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

We might have to fight 🔥 with 🔥  if they get nasty

Reveal hidden contents

When rather than if Ricardo. The lad Newell is a constant thug, ref needs to be on top of situation. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

I’m just having my breakfast then I’ll be getting ready to head to the pub, then the The Chad Valley Arena…..confidence level High. Ken what I fancy us to fekin rout them bad. 

Edited by Fire_At_The_Disco

20 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Heres a quandary. Its my daughters bloody bday party. Arranged pre fixture announcement.  Ill see the first half before 10 wee lassies arrive to be taken up the toon.

So how do i likely lads the game? I dont have sky. I usually watch on the sky app wi my dads login.  How do i somehow record the game for later??????

Pause the sky app? Think you can do that? Then pick up where you were when you get back?

7 minutes ago, Boris said:

Pause the sky app? Think you can do that? Then pick up where you were when you get back?

Its a longshot but perhaps my only one!!

Ricardo Quaresma
26 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Leave it running on your phone in your pocket with headphones on, so you keep the sound

If your phone has not got screen recording (Surely it does) then download Xrecorder (Not entirely sure if it's on Apple phones) and record it

Don't use chrome browser on your phone as you may get a black screen, best use Firefox