***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

Pasquale for King
Just now, boag1874 said:

Stendel did revamp the squad in January Bongo, but the majority of the players he brought in were absolute dung & he failed to address the obvious glaring problem that was Joel Perreira. You’re judging a guy based on far less than half the games he’s managed & deliberately ignoring the high win % under him

Revamp? Boyce = Dung? Sibbick unlucky. Advidaj at FC Zurich now. Langer as bad as Whelan and Damour, but cheaper. Left with three awful GKs. 
Beat the Hibs at ER and Gerrards huns twice. Not a great manager at all but hard to judge in three months. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Nah I just imagined it and made it up 🙄

That is the only true thing you have posted on this thread. 👍

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

:lol: I can't be arsed with this!

Pointless. 

Bingo and the King boy love it when they see an opportunity to rip Robbie. 

Thankfully they are an inside JKB joke now and give many a good laugh. 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

2 clubs out of thousands/ tens if thousands. 

Exception /rule. 

St Johnstone are shite as well. 

Hey Big guy don't go flapping those gums, when was the last time we won League Cup and Scottish Cup ? 

Respect, Respect, Respect. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Pasquale for King
Just now, boag1874 said:

He’s literally got the highest win % of any manager who’s lasted more than 12 games

With two seasons in the championship ffs, last time do you think it’s acceptable to not won at ER in 5 attempts?

Watt-Zeefuik
32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

At Easter Road I don't think so 🤔

Never beat Hibs at home. Got scudded 2-0 by Martin Boyle.

The ****er won exactly 2 league games. How much "belief" did that take?

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Shankland missed a decent chance, McKay needs to work on his finishing which either hasn’t been worked on or hasn’t worked. 
Who signed Atkinson, hasn’t improved his defending and gave a injury ravaged player like Smith another year?

Lack of game management, did the subs change the game in Hibs favour or not? Put Sibbick on at RB. Put an attacker on to replace Boyce not Halliday. 
All of that, the chance to break his duck at ER and two points dropped is on the manager. 

Shankland missed a free hit from four or five yards - a sitter. Agree re McKays finishing, I think it’s a confidence thing from last season. 
Atkinson is a Savage  signing. You can only take a horse to water. 
Halliday came on to shore up midfield, Devlin and Haring struggling. McKay moved into Boyces slot.  Effectively 5,3,1,1 at the end. 

Bazzas right boot

Hey Big guy don't go flapping those gums, when was the last time we won League Cup and Scottish Cup ? 

Tough ask to that today. 

Unsure of your point. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Odd game.

it was wide open at times yet not much accurate football was played.

I think today was evidence of a team

looking good on paper but not working properly when it came to the match.

We didn’t play well but should have won. 

The last time we played as an attack looking team (away to Ross County last season) we didn’t win either (2-2).

We weren’t under any pressure at all in the last 10 minutes but we defended their goal appallingly. I don’t really understand how Halkett ended up in the LCB position and then didn’t just slide in on the boy that crossed it to Boyle. He didn’t have any tricks at all - easy tackle missed.

Anyway got other thoughts about where we are recruitment-wise but that’s for another thread.

All I’ll say is that anyone arguing that we aren’t behind where we should by this stage in the window is having a laugh.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

With two seasons in the championship ffs, last time do you think it’s acceptable to not won at ER in 5 attempts?

He's beat them in 2 semi finals. 

😂😂

You are at it. 

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You do know you're judging a guy on 3 months, too a guy who's had a full revamp, of squad etc and I'm the one who's crazy 😂😂

Who is super-coach Stendel  managing at the moment? 

Schoolboy debating there.  How's your pal Danny doing nowadays - is he next in line for Man U?

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He's came in under what Robbie, Cathro, Levein left us which was shite. 

Not one player under Neilson from the academy went for money, that's how good a coach he is. 

Neilson was in charge of the academy for what, 1 season? During a period of utter chaos & led the team to a youth cup final which we were incredibly unlucky to lose on penalties to a Rangers youth team featuring Liam Kelly, Craig Halkett & Barrie McKay…

12 minutes ago, 151 said:

The love-in for Stendel is ****ing weird at best. 

Proper strange behaviour to have such a longing for a manager that achieved ****all at the club.

At any club to be honest. 

Robbie played the team most of us wanted him to play. It worked for most of the game. We only lack another option up front. Thought nobody had a bad game today. Grant will improve when he finds his feet & adjusts to the frenetic pace of the game up here. Cochrane, Halkett, Haring, MacKay, Rowles, Boyce & Shankland and of course Craig all done well. We got a point away from home & should have won! End of! 

Pasquale for King
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Shankland missed a free hit from four or five yards - a sitter. Agree re McKays finishing, I think it’s a confidence thing from last season. 
Atkinson is a Savage  signing. You can only take a horse to water. 
Halliday came on to shore up midfield, Devlin and Haring struggling. McKay moved into Boyces slot.  Effectively 5,3,1,1 at the end. 

McKay has never been a goal scorer and needs coaching to do that. There’s no such a thing as a Savage signing, they all have to agree before anyone is signed and Neilson certainly has the final say. McKay was blowing out his arse on the right at the end. The midfield was struggling because of his tactics, not putting in attacking players and sitting in our own half as every sub made us worse. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

At any club to be honest. 

Correct.

Demoted one team and nearly relegated the other two before being replaced.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Neilson really doesn't do himself any favours in after match interviews :facepalm:

Not his fault clearly.
His apologists have arrived to do his bidding though. 
At least the reporter saw what happened. 

665A9FE8-D194-4EF6-A1DE-FDC6D5AC8576.jpeg

32E65690-FAE1-44DD-BCFA-7DD09E6DB149.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

When we play in Europe or v the OF we are going to have to defend under pressure and close games out. You cannae press high for 90mins, especially when Hibs front players are quick. 

We had to drop deep and play on the counter. We had many counter attacking opportunities but we never passed it quickly enough nor made the right decisions on and off the ball. We should have buried them.

But aye, let's focus on the one defensive lapse in 93 minutes and blame the manager for not winning a game played over 90 minutes.

It's the players who lost the game. They all played well individually, they'll be kicking themselves but ultimately they have to be more clinical. 

57 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That will be hibs best result this season. 

Shame we me we got the win, but 7 unbeaten v them and on to next week. 

This - everyone is getting way to turnt over a 95 minute equaliser from their old talisman (of all people) 

Will be a different story a Tynecastle, especially once Neilson plugs the gaps and issues we had in today’s game. 

Not to drone on but we were in control of almost the entire game despite half(?) our midfield (grant) having a bit of a mare… 

We’ll make up for it and it’ll be nine in a row by the time the season finishes 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can forgive it when we do well in other, more important areas. Like beating them at Hampden, finishing above them, winning the majority of our games, qualifying for Europe. Silly things like that you know?

2 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

What sitter did Shankland miss? Are we talking about the outstretched leg redirect of the cross from the right which hit off a sprawling heeper, another fine save from Marshall.  Not saying an other keepr wouldn't have also save Hibs today but he'll make a bit of a difference to them this year, and he's started with us, unfortunately!

I actually thought the second one from McKay was the better chance after shanks had struck his leg out and Marshall had saved. 

I wouldn't have called shanklands chance a sitter in all honesty. He was stretching all the way just to connect with the ball 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Really ? Most people seem to be pissing  themselves laughing at you and bongo rather than defending RN. 

40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Boyle will keep them up, barely. 

That goal will just paper over the cracks. They are murder which makes it doubly annoying we didn't get all three points. On to the next game.....

Just now, Cruyff said:

When we play in Europe or v the OF we are going to have to defend under pressure and close games out. You cannae press high for 90mins, especially when Hibs front players are quick. 

We had to drop deep and play on the counter. We had many counter attacking opportunities but we never passed it quickly enough nor made the right decisions on and off the ball. We should have buried them.

But aye, let's focus on the one defensive lapse in 93 minutes and blame the manager for not winning a game played over 90 minutes.

It's the players who lost the game. They all played well individually, they'll be kicking themselves but ultimately they have to be more clinical. 

I still think we need another physical striker to complement Shankland.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

What the actual **** is going on in here?

We didnae win by 3 goals. 

We drew. 

Usual suspects having their fun. 

Happy Shankland got of the mark today, you were also spot on with 1-1 Mr president. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

I can forgive it when we do well in other, more important areas. Like beating them at Hampden, finishing above them, winning the majority of our games, qualifying for Europe. Silly things like that you know?

Fair enough, I don’t. 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

It's unusual for a team one nil up not to sit back in the last ten, happens all the time due to the other team pushing for an equaliser. Just didn't work out today.

Pity we sat back for the last 30mins though.

ArcticJambo
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

I actually thought the second one from McKay was the better chance after shanks had struck his leg out and Marshall had saved. 

I wouldn't have called shanklands chance a sitter in all honesty. He was stretching all the way just to connect with the ball 

Aye, that was the only one I recall. Thought he did relatively well overall today, strong on the ball too.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We didnae win by 3 goals. 

We drew. 

Usual suspects having their fun. 

Happy Shankland got of the mark today, you were also spot on with 1-1 Mr president. 

I'm forgetting you don't really care about the result as long as you can defend the owners and the current manager  

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

I'm forgetting you don't really care about the result as long as you can defend the owners and the current manager  

I thought we were fan owned.  Do you have a problem with defending Hearts fans and their club?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

This - everyone is getting way to turnt over a 95 minute equaliser from their old talisman (of all people) 

Will be a different story a Tynecastle, especially once Neilson plugs the gaps and issues we had in today’s game. 

Not to drone on but we were in control of almost the entire game despite half(?) our midfield (grant) having a bit of a mare… 

We’ll make up for it and it’ll be nine in a row by the time the season finishes 

Grants neck was sore from watching the ball sail over his head, his corners looked poor but nobody stopped Porto winning them all. I think once he moves further forward he will create and score a lot, great signing. Had as many’s shots on goal as Boyce n McKay combined. 

Not his fault clearly.
At least the reporter saw what happened. 

665A9FE8-D194-4EF6-A1DE-FDC6D5AC8576.jpeg

32E65690-FAE1-44DD-BCFA-7DD09E6DB149.jpeg

Anyone who thinks we had the hunger or ire to kill the game are kidding themselves on.  We did for the first 5 mins of the second half, then we slowly became more cagey and hoped, rather than try to influence, the outcome of the game to a victory.  

We had some nice moments on the break but that still relies on breaks, it’s percentage football.   We need midfield options because that’s where the influence needs to come from when you need to get a grip and push to get those crucial goals. 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

His record at ER is a hoodoo but it's an anomaly. His top flight win percentage is still over 50%. Exactly four  Hearts managers who managed a full season can say that: David Pratt, Frank Moss, Tommy Walker, and Robbie Neilson.

That's it. That's the list.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Really ? Most people seem to be pissing  themselves laughing at you and bongo rather than defending RN. 

Glad you’re happy 

I hope it didn't come as a shock to some that we will sometimes lose goals and drop points. But as soon as we do the usual suspects are ready to pounce on the manager. They drove him out before and we never recovered until he came back. It's been nearly two hours now so settle down and move on. 

24 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Nobody said that 

Is there any credit for the cup wins or does it have to be a masterclass? 

Grant should have had the full 90. 

He drags us up the park whereas with Haring and Devlin pairing we sit to deep. 

1 minute ago, jimbojambo said:

I hope it didn't come as a shock to some that we will sometimes lose goals and drop points. But as soon as we do the usual suspects are ready to pounce on the manager. They drove him out before and we never recovered until he came back. It's been nearly two hours now so settle down and move on. 

They are trying to get value for money for what they spent on that plane and phoodle posters.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I thought we were fan owned.  Do you have a problem with defending Hearts fans and their club?

Okay would the current "custodians" suit you better?

That's poor 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

His record at ER is a hoodoo but it's an anomaly. His top flight win percentage is still over 50%. Exactly four  Hearts managers who managed a full season can say that: David Pratt, Frank Moss, Tommy Walker, and Robbie Neilson.

That's it. That's the list.

Nobody can question his top flight record, the way he achieves it can be questioned though, especially on such a disappointing day as today. 

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Is there any credit for the cup wins or does it have to be a masterclass? 

Credit yes . But I really hated watching the last half hour of the last semi.

It had all the hallmarks of 2016.

Thankfully it didn't happen again that day.

Today it did.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Drive him out hahaha even he admitted it didn’t affect his decision one bit, why come back if it did? 
Two hours so it’s ok? I’m still raging about any time we didn’t beat these ***** in my lifetime, but that’s my issue, good on you. 

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

Okay would the current "custodians" suit you better?

That's poor 

That would be the fan-appointed custodians?  What exactly do you expect from a team that were in the championship two seasons ago?

3rd place by a distance, a cup final, and much improved away form were surely clear signs of progress.  The reality is that we can't forecast much more than that as the top two have 10 times our turnover and far superior squads right through every level.

Fair enough, I don’t. 

Well then you keep defining a hearts managers tenure solely by wins at that dump, 36 other games a season at the very least but that’s all that matters. Maybe we should just bring Levein back ae? He had a cracking record down there. Pissed a shit ton of resources up the wall signing utter huddies & eventually put us into such a tailspin even the father of the Gorgie Gegenpress couldn’t save us but at least we won away to hibs lots ae?

2 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Aye, that was the only one I recall. Thought he did relatively well overall today, strong on the ball too.

He did play well. Like u said he was strong on the ball. I think he will develop a good understanding with Forrest, McKay and boycey once he gets a few games under his belt. 

David McCaig
37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Doubt it - he doesn’t use his right foot. 

That's the concern, but he does keep things pretty simple and Kingsley is equally one footed... Although what a left foot it is.