***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Would you rather have a manager that can win one game at ER and get relegated or one that can finish third and guarantee at least 8 games in Europe?

I want a manager that believes he can win games of football, and not surrendering a lead against that mob every time we play them. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think I would’ve still been a bit annoyed that we didn’t give them the doing they deserved, as we have in the last four games against them. 
Im struggling to remember the last Hibs team that was worse than this one and Neilson has failed to capitalise on that again. 

Blame Shankland and McKay for that. Nothing the manager can do about players missing sitters/straightforward chances. 
Formation change was forced on him by Smiths injury. No way he could have stuck with a back four with Atkinson at right back.  The guy has no clue re defending. 
We failed to take out Boyle at the start of the move for their goal - just a lack of game management, but that will come. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Australis said:

Savage should maybe go to Ann Budge and say, "I get Robbie the players he askes for but he doesn't seem to know what to do with them".

She would ask if he wanted another biscuit. 

3 minutes ago, Australis said:

Savage should maybe go to Ann Budge and say, "I get Robbie the players he askes for but he doesn't seem to know what to do with them".

Correct. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I want a manager that believes he can win games of football, and not surrendering a lead against that mob every time we play them. 

Every time we play them ? 

4 minutes ago, Australis said:

Ffs 😂😂😂

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

She would ask if he wanted another biscuit. 

Anymore of that Savage and I have the right man that can take over you're job, so you just sit there and know your role and shut your mouth 😂😂

ArcticJambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s been clear since he came his finishing is poor, he’s barely scored 30 goals in 300 games as a pro, does it look like they’ve worked on it at all?

Not sure it's something a 27yr old professional can really improve upon tbqh. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Unfortunately we’ll wait a while for that person.

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Hibs fans pitch invasion was embarrassing 

Last minute equaliser and they have won the league 😂

Also with the coins and lighters as well as the pitch invasion they will get hammered 

And the can of juice!!

Could have killed someone.

Bend It Like Barasa

Bongo getting it tight when he’s bang on the money. There’s not a single Jambo who truthfully thinks Neilson will take us forward. You might blindly wish it, but deep down you know it’s not happening. I can’t believe we gave him a 3 year deal. Seems completely at odds with the ambition the club are showing. 

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Would you rather have a manager that can win one game at ER and get relegated or one that can finish third and guarantee at least 8 games in Europe?

Yes he would.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great record, 5 games no wins at ER? Has any Hearts manager failed so often to win there?

Great record as in;

1st in Championship at a canter

3rd at a canter

2nd when he left, absolutely on for top 3

3rd at a canter

191 games managed, 109 won, only 42 lost.

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Oh, christ, lets forget the coach when we win and not when we lose. Aye that's fair. 

Nobody said that 

5 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

The failed 3-4-3 that we won last week using & took us to 3rd at a canter?

We were very comfortably third last season. Not with a points total that was out of the ordinary based on what has secured third in prior seasons.  

We looked by far the better side today. Makes it all the more disappointing. 

16 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Sibbick is getting hard done by getting blamed for their goal. It's just because he is the closest person to Boyle when he scores. However, Boyle breaks from midfield so it should probably be Haring or devlin tracking him. Rowles actually runs back with Boyle from midfield but he stumbles and gives Boyle a few yards on him. 

Halkett was great during the game but let's their guy get passed him and to the byline. 

So a few players there you could blame for the goal instead of Sibbick. 

Correct, and whoever was supposed to have been tracking him just has to bring him down and the chance never materialises. Final whistle goes immediately after free kick is taken. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Blame Shankland and McKay for that. Nothing the manager can do about players missing sitters/straightforward chances. 
Formation change was forced on him by Smiths injury. No way he could have stuck with a back four with Atkinson at right back.  The guy has no clue re defending. 
We failed to take out Boyle at the start of the move for their goal - just a lack of game management, but that will come. 

Shankland missed a decent chance, McKay needs to work on his finishing which either hasn’t been worked on or hasn’t worked. 
Who signed Atkinson, hasn’t improved his defending and gave a injury ravaged player like Smith another year?

Lack of game management, did the subs change the game in Hibs favour or not? Put Sibbick on at RB. Put an attacker on to replace Boyce not Halliday. 
All of that, the chance to break his duck at ER and two points dropped is on the manager. 

RN is far from the finished article but he is improving.  Tactically he still has a bit to go. You saw that last week against RC.  He is also not great a closing games out. 
It going to be hard to match last seasons success.

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Bend It Like Barasa said:

Bongo getting it tight when he’s bang on the money. There’s not a single Jambo who truthfully thinks Neilson will take us forward. You might blindly wish it, but deep down you know it’s not happening. I can’t believe we gave him a 3 year deal. Seems completely at odds with the ambition the club are showing. 

You don’t speak for me mate 👍🏻

Just now, Dazo said:

Ffs 😂😂😂

Just hurting like hell Dazo, that last 20 minutes was not good, or what we were expecting against a pile of shoite.

We had a team of decent players against a team of huddies, that Hibs team were just awful.

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Everytime we play them ?

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Every time, Bongo?

Every time?

Would you like to back that bold statement up with hard facts and figures?

Ta 👍

Just now, jambopilms said:

Yes he would.

You do know you're judging a guy on 3 months, too a guy who's had a full revamp, of squad etc and I'm the one who's crazy 😂😂

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Correct, and whoever was supposed to have been tracking him just has to bring him down and the chance never materialises. Final whistle goes immediately after free kick is taken. 

This 100%

Everyone thought it a great team Robbie picked and on chances we should have been out of sight but they had their Ozturk moment and that's how it goes sometimes. Easy to blame the manager when it's just a matter of learn the lessons and move on. 

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The love-in for Stendel is ****ing weird at best. 

Proper strange behaviour to have such a longing for a manager that achieved ****all at the club.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Not sure it's something a 27yr old professional can really improve upon tbqh. 

If a coach can’t improve a player of any age they shouldn’t be in the job.

44 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Boyle aside, what Hibs player would you have anywhere near our team never mind our starting eleven? 

One of our signings scored today. 

Apart from Boyle! None! But Hibs recognised their team was weaker without him & done the necessary. With immediate effect. Our signings have been good. Let's take the next step & buy a player that opposition managers immediately take steps to counter. We are in a position financially to do that surely! They brought on Boyle who proved to be a game changer, we brought on Sibbick, Atkinson & Halliday. Nothing against any of our players, but are they game changers? Halliday has a decent record against Hibs so fair dues I would probably have done the same. But they are hardly names that would have changed an

opposition managers mindset!! 

Watt-Zeefuik
14 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Sibbick is getting hard done by getting blamed for their goal. It's just because he is the closest person to Boyle when he scores. However, Boyle breaks from midfield so it should probably be Haring or devlin tracking him. Rowles actually runs back with Boyle from midfield but he stumbles and gives Boyle a few yards on him. 

Halkett was great during the game but let's their guy get passed him and to the byline. 

So a few players there you could blame for the goal instead of Sibbick. 

Haring's failure to track runs through the defence is easily the worst part of his game. He was primarily at fault for that fiasco against Dundee at Tynecastle last season.

8 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Madness ae? Stendel is also one of the few Hearts managers to manage to lose to the fuds at Tynecastle. We were shocking for most of his spel barring a good win at ER & 2 wins v Huns at Tynie. We didn’t even play entertaining football outside those 3 games, that’s always been a total myth. His final game vs St Mirren to basically save us from any possibility of a demotion was one of the most gutless, disgraceful performances from a hearts team since we were forced to play a team of teenagers for a season.

Pines for a manager with a 29% win percentage and who's squads barely managed a goal a game, moans incessantly about the "defensive" nature of a manager who averages nearly two goals per game.

Obsessed he is.

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Like we did the previous two times, including a game we went behind at Tynie, and the semi-final?

You don't half talk pish.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

You do know you're judging a guy on 3 months, too a guy who's had a full revamp, of squad etc and I'm the one who's crazy 😂😂

Stendel did revamp the squad in January Bongo, but the majority of the players he brought in were absolute dung & he failed to address the obvious glaring problem that was Joel Perreira. You’re judging a guy based on far less than half the games he’s managed & deliberately ignoring the high win % under him

Just now, Morgan said:

Every time, Bongo?

Every time?

Would you like to back that bold statement up with hard facts and figures?

Ta 👍

He's had two finals mate and done heehaw, he's gave Hibs a cup they beat Rangers something we couldn't do, when then think giving Andy Halliday a two year deal will improve us, the same guy that played in the Rangers team that got fecked in the final by Hibs wake up, I'm a passionate hearts man, the club are fecking the fans with no vaseline, it's time we weren't taking for granted. 

ArcticJambo

What sitter did Shankland miss? Are we talking about the outstretched leg redirect of the cross from the right which hit off a sprawling heeper, another fine save from Marshall.  Not saying an other keepr wouldn't have also save Hibs today but he'll make a bit of a difference to them this year, and he's started with us, unfortunately!

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Great record as in;

3rd at a canter

2nd when he left, absolutely on for top 3

3rd at a canter

191 games managed, 109 won, only 42 lost.

All of that is decent at best, nothing unexpected or spectacular, no comment on 5 games at ER with no wins?

15 minutes ago, One five said:

I agree with you on a they are a shit team 100% but we never beat them , that’s what us bothering me. 

I think every one of us will feel exactly the same  

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

All of that is decent at best, nothing unexpected or spectacular, no comment on 5 games at ER with no wins?

:laugh2:

4 hours ago, whodanny said:

Porteous is a shitebag !  Report me for that 😄

Porteous' wages ... overpaid, methinks. 🤭

shitebag.jpg

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

He's had two finals mate and done heehaw, he's gave Hibs a cup they beat Rangers something we couldn't do, when then think giving Andy Halliday a two year deal will improve us, the same guy that played in the Rangers team that got fecked in the final by Hibs wake up, I'm a passionate hearts man, the club are fecking the fans with no vaseline, it's time we weren't taking for granted. 

He didn’t give Hibs a cup though, did he?

6 minutes ago, Bend It Like Barasa said:

Think you are wrong.  Lots of jambo’s think, and know, he is currently taking us forward.  How can you believe that we are not progressing year on year under him?   And that’s the case in both his spells in charge. 

Watt-Zeefuik
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Last week was awful, he had to change it around in January last season as teams are used to it. The rest were awful last season.
Which formation worked today and which one failed?

The 3-4-3 worked fine, gave us plenty of attacking threat (that we wasted) and locked down Boyle. We had the players to cover him but there was a mistake between two players and their only top drawer player (that they effectively gave up £2m to get) generated a moment of magic at the death.

Last week we had an ill player and a few attackers whose alarm clock apparently went off late. We made an adjustment, stayed in the 3-4-3, and bossed the game from there out.

It's not the ****ing formation. Give it a rest.

ArcticJambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If a coach can’t improve a player of any age they shouldn’t be in the job.

:lol: I can't be arsed with this!

1 minute ago, boag1874 said:

Stendel did revamp the squad in January Bongo, but the majority of the players he brought in were absolute dung & he failed to address the obvious glaring problem that was Joel Perreira. You’re judging a guy based on far less than half the games he’s managed & deliberately ignoring the high win % under him

He's came in under what Robbie, Cathro, Levein left us which was shite. 

Not one player under Neilson from the academy went for money, that's how good a coach he is. 

JamboAndrew

Jeez. 4 points from 6. Should have won today if we had put away our chances. Calm down people. It sucks when this happens. But Robbie has a fantastic record as a manager with us, and we will have a great season. Football is a game of could and shoulds and ifs. If Robbbie had bright on more attacking options and gone for a second and we had lost it woukd be the same.

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Tell that too St Johnstone and Bodo 😂

Just two examples that stump you're point 😂

2 clubs out of thousands/ tens if thousands. 

Exception /rule. 

St Johnstone are shite as well. 

The squad is 3-4 light in numbers and a minimum of 2 real quality players. 

I’ll wait until end of August but I was expecting a marquee signing or two to properly kick us on. Shankland might be one. 

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Porteous' wages ... overpaid, methinks. 🤭

shitebag.jpg

😄 He shat it against Boycie today for shure.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

He is on full-on slaver mode today with some utter garbage.  Needs to lay off the fresh orange.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He’s literally got the highest win % of any manager who’s lasted more than 12 games

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Nah I just imagined it and made it up 🙄